Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Kuala Lumpur

F1 off. records:

Wet? Music to the RBR' ears.

Isn't it over yet? Some more pain for red souls? One race without some noticeable mistakes would be really nice change.

1474364298128.png

Kennedy: 

The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dreams shall never die.

Last year only 7 cars were on the lead lap when the race ended. 

Fastest lap comparisons - restrictiveness on resources has taken its toll.

2004 - Montoya - 1:34.223 [min]

2015 - Rosberg - 1:42.062

I think combination of fuel flow restriction, quality of tires, and wear and tear control concerns are behind that last result. Let him loose on a similar tire, and I think Rosberg would match Montoya, or perhaps even better him in that space ship he drives today. I don't believe that a car or a driver is a problem here.

Of course, like I said earlier, you can watch onboard footage from 1997 cars and immediately see how much more speed they carried into corners compared to today and that's almost 20yrs ago. That's how bad these restrictions are making the sport, when this sport is looked at in terms of getting everything possibly out of the car yet it gets out cornered by its 20 year old predecessor. Not to mention there circuit safety wasn't at its pedantic level it is today.

I'm interested to find out how Pirelli tires will perform on the new pavement. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some blowouts 

15 minutes ago, radical-one said:

My First SIX finishers ;

1) Nico

2) Seb

3) Dan

4) Kimi

5) Lewis

6) Max

That is in wet or in dry conditions?

I have no idea how you people do this. I've noticed that some (well known suspects) shy away from pre-judging races, others, like me, have more of a personal wish list, far from some well reasoned estimate, whereas others yet are using method, which still escapes me, despite all of my years with the GP racing. In the next race, I feel, Ferrari could be on the podium. They have all ingredients for that result. Drivers and equipment are there, and under normal conditions they can do it on merit, methinks. Based on Seb's comments after past several races, P2 for SF might not be too far fetched.

New experience

Interesting changes; track was resurfaced, and topography of many corners redesigned. Good attempt to improve the race, and now we have to wait what drivers say about it.

Ferrari is not performing well in fast corners, and this track has plenty of those. It's going to be tough race. Wet could be the equalizer.

Bottas seems disappointed with this season, and looks like he would jump, if opportunity calls on him. From being hopeful, he faded into anonymity. Button sounded p***d on the radio; first with his team regarding tire, and then - expletive - about Magnussen getting in his way.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Alonso has received preferential treatment over Button - upgraded PU.

Rrrright.