Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Kubica,Renault 2017

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

24 July 2017,  22:50

There is no evidence that this driver will be physically able to compete tirelessly and consistently through the season at top level margins unhindered by his handicap. He might do well, but surely one should ask relevant questions how realistic is positive outcome of this experiment? Driving a race distance during a test on Monday is one thing, driving 22 to 25 of those under competitive conditions, many in weekly succession, tired or not, is again something else. At the end it's not only about him, but also a team which can potentially waste the season by making wrong choices in driver's line up.

You really are dumb.

10 hours ago, VicVenom said:

You really are dumb.

Can you possibly try and be more courteous with the users on gp forums instead of resorting to personal post-bashing even when you don't agree with posters. Your level of intelligence is really showing

11 hours ago, Walsingham said:

Fair enough, my point is Renault has enough resources to assess his abilities and disabilites. Certainly more than bunch of anonymous  internet users who havent seen Kubica since 2011. As I wrote in my previous post this is quite long and systematic process, and not some kind of one time stunt as some here suggest.  They've been preparing this step by step since at least a year. 

25 July 2017,  11:17

You can believe whatever you want, however do not expect everyone will agree with you, and I find rather excessive and demagogic on your part to label people who do hold a differing point of view as "anonymus internet haters". This is not today's Turkey or some similar environment. This is a simple public bulletin board.

51 minutes ago, Sakae said:

You can believe whatever you want, however do not expect everyone will agree with you, and I find rather excessive and demagogic on your part to label people who do hold a differing point of view as "anonymus internet haters". This is not today's Turkey or some similar environment. This is a simple public bulletin .

Im old enough to know that no ammount of facts will change opinion of biased person.  I just listed facts about RK's return for those on this board who may be unfamiliar with them.

If someone keeps repeating negative opinions, that have no factual basis, than he or she is a hater in my book. I think this definition works fine enough  both in simple public board and in Turkey or whatever place you wish. I dont know why you felt hurt by this label. Are you such person? As far as I remember I didnt use these words in post directed to you. Anyway, If you propose better label for such people I will gladly edit my OP.

BTW, I must say I admire your ability to steer discussion from the topic of this thread to political situation in Turkey. 

Kubica back to F1 is one of the best news this year, certainly. I don't know whether he will be up to his pre -rally levels, but I don't doubt he is one of those rare big talents F1 has had. In the past and one of my favorite drivers ever, we've seen promising drivers with careers cut short due to accidents. Rarely one of those had a chance for a comeback. He earned this chance himself by sheer stubborness and will, so best wishes to him.

43 minutes ago, Quiet One said:

Kubica back to F1 is one of the best news this year, certainly. I don't know whether he will be up to his pre -rally levels, but I don't doubt he is one of those rare big talents F1 has had. In the past and one of my favorite drivers ever, we've seen promising drivers with careers cut short due to accidents. Rarely one of those had a chance for a comeback. He earned this chance himself by sheer stubborness and will, so best wishes to him.

+1

6 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Can you possibly try and be more courteous with the users on gp forums instead of resorting to personal post-bashing even when you don't agree with posters. Your level of intelligence is really showing

:lol:

When people post nonsense they deserve to be insulted for it. 

14 hours ago, Walsingham said:

Im old enough to know that no ammount of facts will change opinion of biased person.  I just listed facts about RK's return for those on this board who may be unfamiliar with them.

If someone keeps repeating negative opinions, that have no factual basis, than he or she is a hater in my book. I think this definition works fine enough  both in simple public board and in Turkey or whatever place you wish. I dont know why you felt hurt by this label. Are you such person? As far as I remember I didnt use these words in post directed to you. Anyway, If you propose better label for such people I will gladly edit my OP.

BTW, I must say I admire your ability to steer discussion from the topic of this thread to political situation in Turkey. 

The hatred of idolaters is out of self-defense, iow, they have nothing much against Kubica, they are just in a panic that the drivers they worship will be challenged and, since these drivers have all seriously and unequivocally lost at some point despite their denials, possibly beaten.

13 hours ago, Quiet One said:

Indeed.

If he has what it takes, bring him on. F1 can do no worse than now. I mean, go... Bottas?

1 hour ago, maure said:

The hatred of idolaters is out of self-defense, iow, they have nothing much against Kubica, they are just in a panic that the drivers they worship will be challenged and, since these drivers have all seriously and unequivocally lost at some point despite their denials, possibly beaten.

Indeed.

If he has what it takes, bring him on. F1 can do no worse than now. I mean, go... Bottas?

Bottas...Rosberg...these guys are making Heidfeld look colorful!

On 7/26/2017 at 1:40 AM, maure said:

26 July 2017,  4:51

Critique of "idolators" seems repeated theme of yours, and it is getting stale, maure. Optics do suggest that your own rhetoric about low quality of drivers (bar one or two), and now extended for seemingly limitless critique of fellow posters is rather unnecessarily angry, and hard to justify. Talking in absolutes is not wearing well on you, maure-san.

5 hours ago, Quiet One said:

Bottas...Rosberg...these guys are making Heidfeld look colorful!

Peculiar, ain't it.

Here is a guy that parachutes into a team with a three-time world champion as teammate while taking it to a four-time world champion (in a slightly lesser car) and, yet, might just walk away with it.

And, if he does, there goes another world champion to the pile... while the idolaters keep chanting that didn't happen at all or if it did, it meant nothing whatsoever.

Such is the state of affairs.

7 hours ago, maure said:

Seriously?:blink:

People on the grandstands chanting "Kubica! Kubica!"....goosebumps. Great to have him back. 

Impressive run by Kubica, clocking 120 laps or so and ending up 6th faster with a better pace than both Nico and Jolyon during the race. He is already the best "rookie" this year, which only highlights that the latest bunches of young drivers are among the weakest (except for Verstappen, of course). K-Mag, Ericsson, Palmer, Wehrlein, Vandoorne, Stroll...they all have been mediocre, at best. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

8 September 2017 / 10:11 (CEST)

That's how I remember it...

Villeneuve also took a dig at the Pole's personality, criticizing an attitude which he labeled as disrespectful.

Try to argue this point on the internet.

Personally I would love to see Kubica in F1 next year, but in all honesty JV is articulating his point well. 6 years away from F1 is a long long time, what's more in those 6 years Kubica achieved little, so it's undeniable that his comeback would be mainly a PR stunt. If he did well it would be a great story, if he didn't they could drop him after a few races claiming that his hand is still not ok to drive an F1 car.

But I think that JV's main point is another: as I read it he's bothered by the fact that modern F1 doesn't allow any chance to drivers who have achieved a lot in junior formulae and have earned a chance, and IMHO on this JV is 100% right

5 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Personally I would love to see Kubica in F1 next year, but in all honesty JV is articulating his point well. 6 years away from F1 is a long long time, what's more in those 6 years Kubica achieved little, so it's undeniable that his comeback would be mainly a PR stunt. If he did well it would be a great story, if he didn't they could drop him after a few races claiming that his hand is still not ok to drive an F1 car.

But I think that JV's main point is another: as I read it he's bothered by the fact that modern F1 doesn't allow any chance to drivers who have achieved a lot in junior formulae and have earned a chance, and IMHO on this JV is 100% right

8 September 2017  11:33 (CEST) - I thought then, and I continue to think, that he is not fit to drive in F1 after the accident. I could reason my point until I will be blue in my face, as I have in the past, however based on experience with this topic, it's not worth to me to do it again. One more point, I was a fan of BMW team then, and therefore reasonably familiar on day to day basis what went on with that crowd, yet today I am perplexed by some of the stuff I read, because my recollection on this driver doesn't match the claims made by his fans, be it talk about on, or off the track events or issues.

Nothing against RKubica as I admire him as a driver. However at this point and time, there are other youngsters who are more hungry and more fit to drive an F1 car not to mention cheaper. 

I mean look at Kimi, he took couple of years off and he's struggling in F1 now and that's without a major injury....

On 08/09/2017 at 9:15 AM, Sakae said:

8 September 2017 / 10:11 (CEST)

That's how I remember it...

You probably remember Vettel's performance at Mexico 2015 as a historic drive :lol: