Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Suzuka Japan '16

The sound and traction available is insane. F1 at its purist form IMO, before they distroyed it so bad they don't know how to get back what they had.

I like Suzuka, but Ferrari, I think, is probably done for this year. Winning based on vehicle strength seems out of the question, and penalties did not help, so much is obvious.

Funny thing is, in the past several outings, FPs included, Alonso had left the track on the account of his driving, and I do not hear anyone speaking about making personal errors, as they do like when it happened to Vettel.

Is Hamilton having one of his famous melt downs we have seen in the past years, or this is an odd one? His driving today was anything but good. All in all, Nico has good chance now. It's not over yet, but he is on the roll.

If this was a last race of the season, from Ferrari' point of view, I would feel relieved, that agony is over.

Geez now Mercedes jumping on the Ferrari verstappen whinge train. If it was that bad he would've been penalised. I am starting to get the impression people just don't like someone so young coming in and ruffling a few feathers. Yeah some of his driving tactics can be questioned but what he has brought to the sport IMO far outweighs any negatives about him. He certainly proves me wrong about his ability and if he could handle himself. Vettel is intimidated by him as max can beat all his records and has the ability to do so. The fact Sebastian now IMO has been responsible for two of his collisions with verstappen and blatantly can dish out critism like what he did in the past was ok shows signs of fear and worry IMO, soon max will have this reputation and fear about him that will make drivers question twice weather you should try pass, what a mental advantage to have.

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

Max did it to Lewis so I can't complain lol:lol:

Mercedes withdrew their official complain lodged to FiA about the incident involving Verstappen and Hamilton, later taking exit road after being blocked by RB. 

Y'know with JB taking a sabbatical, I believe my life long interest in F1 will wane as well. There is a changing of the guard with new owners, great old drivers and Champions moving on and a constant changing of the regs to make it sexy. It's not F1, it's a boring reality show fit for whatsapping numbskulls. They will do well to bring back the T cars next year too because over half the drivers will have never driven anything that quick in their short lives and there will be carbon fibre everywhere. Shocking effort from Honda today  an just where does Vettel think blue flagged cars are meant to go on the season's narrowest circuit. KImi my driver of the day.

This is what Vettel said about back markers:

after the race, Vettel said the backmarkers could not have done a better job given the nature of the circuit.

"It's really frustrating inside the car - and today I had the feeling every time I got to the car ahead... the people in front couldn't have done any better, really," said Vettel.

"There's a lot of consecutive corners here and if you're in that part of the track, you can't expect the car in front to move over.

I am not sure why he should be questioned over that. In the race, he was not the only one who was frustrated over that situation, but nothing could be done, and he stated so. Vettel also noticed, that he, more than anyone else, is being selected for publishing negative messages, and rarely, if ever when he said anything positive. Hamilton and Verstappen were bitching about blue flags as well.

Yeah but nothing like Vettel does. I've seen him complain when he wasn't even on the turbulent air of the car in front, he's getting to pedantic over the whole issue, almost every radio conversation you hear from his car it's always about blue flags, it's like he has a button and just pushes it. Geez he wouldn't have stood a chance back in the day when you had to fight past back markers as well. Iam still waiting for the day a Vettel fan will admit fault for something HE did or simply admit he said or did something wrong but that seems to be the issue with all Vettel fans, the fact he never does nothing wrong, he can even go against the team that gave him everything, his wins,his poles,his titles and most of all the ability to do what he loves and shaft a teammate out of a win all because he feels the need to do so over anyone else and still he hasn't done a bad thing yet verstappen only needs to attempt a passing move and it's on like donkey kong. I don't like calling people biased as I don't know them or there agenda but I tell you what if this isn't biased towards Vettel, I don't know what would be. I mean seriously sakae if you haven't heard Seb complain about the blue flags at almost every circuit and every onboard or audio we hear, then I don't know what your watching or turn the volume up lol. Here's some audio of sebastian asking about blue flags.

Look he says it so often that someone made a song out of it.

Such a boring race. 

Whats with Vettel and the blue flags. Its like he needs the track for himself. Sometimes its funny and sometimes its like too much noise.  

And FIA should penalise Max atleast once to teach him a lesson. lewis would have dealt the underbraking differently if he was not fighting for the championship. smart move to avoid because its too muchto lose for him.

Its getting easier and easier for nico now isnt it?

Championship goes to Rosberg in all likelihood, and British bookmakers will loose a lot of money betting on Hamilton. Too soon to celebrate, but NR is in pretty good position.

IF - Rosberg will finish all four remaining races in P2, yet Hamilton wins them all, Rosberg takes WDC crown by 5 points.  That situation might explain Hamilton's long face, assuming someone had guts to do maths, and actually tell him good news.

I am not sure what Wolff was actually thinking, when he said that. One would say, it's too late now, unless bad things happen to Nico.

One note more - in German media that I follow, Mercedes did not made a headline nor even a small note after winning WCC third time. So much all the "importance" of F1 business in a country which concentrates on making actually something practical consumers can use, instead selling back and forth printed paper, while pretending to create "value".

I saw that Sakae. And despite other drives like Max and the legend Kimi saying how slow to react the back markers were, people in the media and the usual Vettel stompers here only single him out when the topic of blue flags come up.

It's time blue flags were eliminated. If Nico or Lewis can't pass a Manor then they need to pi$$ off to Go Karts. Blue flags are not needed anymore in the modern era of F1. And it's completely unfair to the slower teams. They are racing for very valuable sometimes single digit points. The speed disparity is huge, the bigger teams can pass quite easily.

Blue flags gone please!

Course I'll single him out, for the simple fact it prooves how biased some people are. They don't agree when people mentioned the blue flags and Vettel previously yet when another driver says the same thing it's imediatly picked on. Like wtf? That's the point Iam making. If others think other drivers are whinging it carrying on then how couldn't you notice vettels season long rant over the issue? Blue flags must stay as how fair would it be if your taken out by a back marker who may have less experience or not even worrying about you because he is in a battle of his own? The fact there a lap down and not even racing you makes it unfair if an incident was to happen. They just need to make back markers be more aware and front runners have more patience.

2 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I saw that Sakae. And despite other drives like Max and the legend Kimi saying how slow to react the back markers were, people in the media and the usual Vettel stompers here only single him out when the topic of blue flags come up.

It's time blue flags were eliminated. If Nico or Lewis can't pass a Manor then they need to pi$$ off to Go Karts. Blue flags are not needed anymore in the modern era of F1. And it's completely unfair to the slower teams. They are racing for very valuable sometimes single digit points. The speed disparity is huge, the bigger teams can pass quite easily.

Blue flags gone please!

I do not have any strong opinions on blue flags. With respect to Vettel, some people get kicks from hate; that's human race for you.

With respect to Hamilton, I think Dr. Zetsche should give a nod for dismissal process to go ahead.

Yeah well some gets kick from assumption as they always feel there correct.

Interesting race, I quote enjoyed it,further proof that a great track often translates into a good race

Ferrari - sorry but I can't help but start from them :rofl: are they on drugs? how on earth was it possible to make such poor decisions is beyond me :roll: 

Rosberg - he did well, especially on Saturday, that was the most important part of the week end for him, managing to be slightly ahead of Hamilton proved very important, it was obvious that Hamilton was feeling the pressure (you just had to watch how Hamilton lined up his car for the start)

Verstappen - he drove well, again this guy seems like an old and experienced driver, he's good at defending but for one reason or the other he doesn't seem to be able to make a pass on track these days. His car looked to me to be the best out there, by a considerable margin. What he did with Hamilton is his stadard fare, why getting so excited about it? That's the least we can expect from the son of none other than Jos the Boss. 

Hamilton - I fail to understand why he doesn't work on the start procedure, it can't be that difficult. and he was very lucky that the Ferrari pit wall screwed the race of both their drivers

Vettel - I'm lost for words, I'm sure that deep down he's thinking that he made the worst decision of his life by joining Ferrari (he should have asked Nando). He drove very well yesterday, I'd be inclined to say that he was the driver of the day (with Perez) but that strategy... :wtf:

Raikkonen - he drove well, his car was ok, pity the team isn't

Ricciardo - I wonder what was his problem, he didn't seem to have much power

Perez - he can look after his tyres, he can manage very fast laps, he can manage overtaking, why on earth is he still with Force India?

Hulkenber - he was much closer to his team mate than usual, I'd be glad if he moves to Renault because he deserves a better chance. The difference in set up between him and Perez is quite stricking

Massa - it's good to see that he's still competitive even for his last few races, pity so many people joined the Williams pit wall from Ferrari :loljump:

Bottas - past his sell by date already

@PCS: Good stuff, as usual. Based on your ability to read native papers, may I ask what do you make of the story, that there is relationship rupture between Ferrari brass, and Vettel. While I think that Vettel remains at this point loyal to his vision of Ferrari, at the same time I am puzzled by not so innocent comments, that Ferrari may, or may not renew his contract. I do not want to make more out of it as it needs to, but I find it as needlessly another stress inducing factor. In Japan when he was grilled on that topic, it took Seb little bit off guard, and it was obvious he was not aware of that publication. He put on a brave face, and deflected further attack, but it was clear that he was not entirely happy.

Looks like Dennis sidelined E. Boullier at McLaren. I think he should jump the ship and join Ferrari. Buscombe should be recalled from Sauber as well.

I just can't see how the Italian press and fans would be upset with Vettel anyway. Ferrari have a pretty decent lineup and I have no doubt both kimi and Seb have tried the best with what they have but it does my head in when we have such a passionate fan base in the "tifosi" yet they stab the crap out of the driver of something doesn't go according to plan. I remember when Schumacher joined them in 96, the tifosi hated schumi while he was at Benetton. Soon as he is in red, the same people loved him with an obsession.

I've always stuck up for Arrivabene, but his comments about Vettel are not cool. How is Vettel doing anything wrong by spending extra hours at the factory and with the mechanics and designers!? At least he's trying to do something about things there. No wonder Allison left. From Marchionne down now to Arrivabene a cancer is spreading.

How is it Vettel or Kimis fault that Ferrari can't form a decent strategy?

Ferrari need to hire Brawn and Newey, and I still hope that Todt somehow comes back as the head of FIAT or something. But this current crew are FVCKED plain and simple. Next years car will be a joke, and The Emporer will be smiling still coming in 20th but thinking he made the right decision to leave. Of course none of that will happen. Brawn won't go there with Marchionne the little dictator in charge and Newey is in an environment where they respect and cultivate his efforts.

At least I still have soccer to support. Come on Barca!

TERROR!

Baldisserri has much to say about today's team - they are all working in terror, blasting Binnotta for his limitations, Arrivabene and Marchionne for being outsiders to racing, and Vettel for not driving well.

Being "Vetterite", of course I take exception to his view of Vettel, but I do agree with most of the other stuff.

This sounds like confirmation that Allison was fired.

"The number ones are there to show the way, to motivate people, to decide, and if you make a mistake, you should not be fired. This happened to Allison, a great loss."