Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Suzuka Japan '16

2 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I've always stuck up for Arrivabene, but his comments about Vettel are not cool. How is Vettel doing anything wrong by spending extra hours at the factory and with the mechanics and designers!? At least he's trying to do something about things there. No wonder Allison left. From Marchionne down now to Arrivabene a cancer is spreading.

How is it Vettel or Kimis fault that Ferrari can't form a decent strategy?

Ferrari need to hire Brawn and Newey, and I still hope that Todt somehow comes back as the head of FIAT or something. But this current crew are FVCKED plain and simple. Next years car will be a joke, and The Emporer will be smiling still coming in 20th but thinking he made the right decision to leave. Of course none of that will happen. Brawn won't go there with Marchionne the little dictator in charge and Newey is in an environment where they respect and cultivate his efforts.

At least I still have soccer to support. Come on Barca!

I couldn't agree more monkey. What ever happened to the "old" Ferrari? The team that stuck it out until they won? Not shuffle around like a game of musical chairs because results army coming there way. How is the team supposed to "gel" and bond and learn how to work together and improve, if there consistently getting shuffled around? Go to the head of the beast, SM needs to go, his a cancer that's like a sponge and rubs of on everyone. Arrivabene imo has done a really good job, thrown in the deep end so to speak and has to get it all up and running without any experience. 

Ross Brawn is a friend of Schumacher, and I have never doubted his abilities. In fact, I have some respect for him, that in world of paddock politics, he was always a reasonable man. Having said that, and I do not wish at all to diminish his contribution to success Ferrari enjoyed during his tenure, but he alone could not have achieved their success. It was combination of JT who has I think protected the team from external pressures, bar that infamous Austrian screw up on a Finish line, then there were two or three excellent people on technical side. As a team, they all were at the heights of racing together. His return alone today would be not enough to make significant impact, methinks. I also doubt, that he would work under direction of Mr. Marchionne. Mind you, him sitting on the pit wall and calling strategy out might be an improvement. Jock Clear however stated, that today strategy calls need a different mindset from Schumacher years, and even him has to learn new approaches, since his previous experience is not enough to work with current regulations.

Sometimes I wonder if it is as bad as media are making so, or whether media like to take cheap shots at that team and each case is under microscope. I for one think that they do much better than Williams or McLaren, yet we do not read that much about those two teams. If you think Arrivabene is bad, what is Ms. Williams or Mr. Dennis then? If EB will ever write his memoirs, I will buy his book to have some lough. 

I am not sure if Wolff is a joke, but maybe people do not take time to know him. I have my own beef with him on couple of issues, but sometimes he is OK. Take the last incident, protest against Max blocking Hamilton, in which, according to German media, Wolff got bad headlines, and Lowe came out of this smelling like a rose, yet in reality, Wolff and Lauda had already left the circuit, when Paddy Lowe and Ron Meadows decided to yield, and file the protest on "advise" from the Australian steward. Later, "furious" Toto Wolff mandated the protest to be withdrawn, as soon as he heard about it. Australian BTW has done it, despite that supposedly his was the only vote for punishment. It was 3 against 1 when voted. I am actually surprised to hear that a driver, in advisory capacity, was voting on the issue.

Yeah I agree with you on Ferrari there sakae, good post. But with Wolff I can't stand the guy as he is just so transparent and comes across as just a t0sser. I know most team principals lie through there teeth but he and Horner are a joke.

Wasn't toto that annoying dog in Wizard of Oz? Lives in a make believe world and is annoying, pretty accurate description don't you think?

On 10/13/2016 at 3:51 PM, radical-one said:

Toto is useless from head to toe !

I have a feeling that I shouldn't be asking, but what's the problem with Wolff? I am curious, because he has done a lot of responsible things for that team, being TP and co-owner. They employ a lot of British workers, pumping in several hundreds millions in assets annually into their economy, and whenever he talks, he is calm and rational. I do not agree with him on two or three major policy issues, but I am lost about the origin of hate of him one finds on this forum.  

Toto is Over paid, for what he does or not do for that matter. He needs to use his salary to buy some real balls and control his team and drivers !

Worth about EUR 400MM, ex racer, 30% owner of that F1 team, risking a lot of money, and having to deal with people like Hamilton. Compare it to other TPs. (He is actually The Executive Director there, not Lowe, as some media are stating). The money comes from German coffers and his investments. I am sorry, but I do not see much wrong with him from that point of view, yet I still do not like one or two of his resolves regarding drivers and PU related regulations, but then, it's his life, not mine.

He lives in Switzerland, just as Ecclestone, Schumacher, Vettel, and Raikonnen.

I am under impression that proper spelling is douche, and not deuche, but otherwise whatever pleases you. (Courtesy TM XPB Images).

XPB_846374_Wolff.jpg

He looks like what Prince and Mr Bean's child would look like if they ever got it on.

sorry for the misspelling and grammar but I didn't know there was grammar police about today lol.

I also don't see the problem with Wolff, he gives good interviews, he's running a team that has dominated for 3 years, and the main point is that he allows his drivers to race even despite the fact that they've collided a few times, and the beneficiaries of that are us the viewers.

And I'm glad he doesn't feel he needs to tone his drivers down for expressing themselves (whether we like how they dress or spend their free time or not), because god knows f1 needs personalities not robots.

I simply don't like him, is that enough? You know how you see someone and it looks pretty close to someone you have met in your life that caused dramas or problems for you? That's how I see Wolff, I simply don't like him because he looks like this idiot I had a fight with once, not wolffs fault but I sure as hell wouldn't name my son after an annoying dog from a make believe world that doesn't exsist from a TV show that should've died with the Stone Age.