Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Webber retires from Motorsport

Mark Webber will retire from motor racing as a whole at the end of the season taking up and advisory role with Porsche. 

He will advise Porsche on car development and go to functions and such for them I beleive.

Too bad we didn't see this bloke winning a championship. I thought he could have stayed couple more years in F1 and retire completely from racing than spending time with Porsche.

I disagree, 2010 should have been his. Well actually it should've been Alonso's, but Webber had a sniff right up to the last race.

Overall he wasn't as good as Vettel but 2010 showed Webber could well have been a world champ. Seems a lovely bloke, crazy how time flies, it's already nearly 3 years since we saw his last f1 race.

Yeah he might have been quick enough that one year because the car was so dominant but he couldn't do it on his own. He couldn't pull out those results when needed, he cracked under pressure. As much as I supported him as iam an Aussie, I found him mega frustrating as he could only always do half the job. Then the kid on the other side of the shed would do better with a heck of a lot less experience. With webber I simply don't think he was aggressive enough when he had to be, he wouldn't step on people to get to the top, he would rather take the long route and do it properly and in f1, with the limited time you have, unfortunately it doesn't work, webber fits into that saying "nice guys never win" and sadly they don't, very very rarely does anyone achieve anything based of hard work and effort nowadays that can't be masked to look a lot more appealing if you know what I mean.