Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

'16 Mexican Grand Prix (Guessing game)

Let's guess what incidents may happen for this weekend's Mexican GP :

Here's mine ;

- Another c#ckup by Ferrari that may result in points loss 

- Another Lewis' issue as a result of his arrogance and primadonnaNESS 

- Another bad results for ailing Williams team

- Another Max's disciplinary issue that will p**sed off other drivers

- Another one of Vettel's blue flag complain

What's yours guys ??:aikido1yw:

Or Vettel will be on the outside going into turn one and turn into two other cars and still it will be the other to drivers fault.

Ferrari's inconsistencies are driving me mad! On some tracks they compete at the top, at others they don't. Now it looks like they competitive at Mexico again....Aaarrrggggghhhhhh

Ferrari's inconsistencies are driving me mad! On some tracks they compete at the top, at others they don't. Now it looks like they competitive at Mexico again....Aaarrrggggghhhhhh

Man there chassis was no where near as inconsistent when fernando was driving for them. Where's all this crap gone about how Ferrari will do much better once he is gone? Alonso in his first two years at Ferrari averaged better results than both kimi and Vettel. Can't blame alonso this time as he had no input into the car so what is it this time? Management? Funny how that excuse wouldn't work when fernando was there, it was all him. Seriously the biased views are that rediculous recently, that you could swap alonso's helmet with either kimi's or seb's, nothing else and then everyone would be going wild with how good Seb or kimi drive or how many cars they past on the first lap. Oh I could see it now. You guys must be so focused on your beloved Ferrari's that as far as your concerned, there the only two cars in the race.

7 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Man there chassis was no where near as inconsistent when fernando was driving for them. Where's all this crap gone about how Ferrari will do much better once he is gone? Alonso in his first two years at Ferrari averaged better results than both kimi and Vettel. Can't blame alonso this time as he had no input into the car so what is it this time? Management? Funny how that excuse wouldn't work when fernando was there, it was all him. Seriously the biased views are that rediculous recently, that you could swap alonso's helmet with either kimi's or seb's, nothing else and then everyone would be going wild with how good Seb or kimi drive or how many cars they past on the first lap. Oh I could see it now. You guys must be so focused on your beloved Ferrari's that as far as your concerned, there the only two cars in the race.

How on earth did we arrive at this post? Alonso' political interference within the team has led to a one-driver makeup that didnt at all yield results, the other driver could'nt even DRIVE the car. Ferrari's chassis was not inconsistent, it was horrible

Yet what alonso finished second in the championship 4 out of 5 seasons or something like that. So yeah obviously they only needed one car lol. If you read my post again brad you'll see I mentioned alonso in his first two seasons at Ferrari compared to sebs, he scored more points than both kimi and Seb combined.

What? The fact two drivers today can't get the results one could a couple years ago? How can you not see that? Or are you that blind with biased that it's to hard to accept that a driver you hate so much, is actually better than you realised. Got to get over 2014 bro. Or could it be that your realising that even Jenson Button is given alonso a harder time than kimi did?

Vettel calling Alonso an idiot makes Vettel a whiner now. Probably from all those 'living hell' at Maranello 

Since when has he ever given a crap about anyone but himself? I like the guy away from the track, he has a sense of humour but as a racer, he's a bloody whinger and has a fetish for blue flags. Probably wraps himself in blue velvet sheets at night "oh blue flags"

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Vettel calling Alonso an idiot makes Vettel a whiner now. Probably from all those 'living hell' at Maranello 

Technically, Vettel actually did not called Alonso directly "what an idiot". He said that as general statement, no name was mentioned. I have followed the practice and listen to radio calls.

The headline, widely blown out of proportion, was based of inference after staff in the booth played replay, and had a look who was around Vettel at the time when Vettel vented. It was FOM Live Timing typist, who, in replay, thought that it was probably meant towards Alonso, yet declare it, in his own decision, as a fact, and today it is all over the web - poor Alonso.

Alonso actually run Vettel slightly off the road, as Vettel was overtaking him. "They all want to race", said Vettel (understand it was just FP2), who could not put together a clean lap due to traffic blocking him. If you understand context of the radio than it is not a big deal. Button call someone idiot just the other day, and without having GPtoday forum up and up on arms about it. BTW, Vettel was not the only one upset about traffic during FP2, but Vettel was the only one whose words were prominently quoted. This is not first time media have done it. Funny thing is, no one is upset with Alonso for his (rather dirty) play during that overtake. What he had to gain blocking Vettel, spoiling his FP and then pushing him off tarmac? You two guys are focused too much on Vettel hate, without actually bothering to find out the circumstance. McLaren then called Alonso whether he wanted to pit and wait for some space on the track, but Alonso declined.

1 hour ago, Emmcee said:

Since when has he ever given a crap about anyone but himself? I like the guy away from the track, he has a sense of humour but as a racer, he's a bloody whinger and has a fetish for blue flags. Probably wraps himself in blue velvet sheets at night "oh blue flags"

He can't stand the heat at Maranello. Doesn't matter whether he is referring to Alonso or someone else, calling someone an idiot over the radio makes Vettel lower in class particularly when he's a multiple champion of the sport. Besides it was just a FP not the actual race or Qualy.  It shows that he's losing it. I hope Kimi kick his b@tt again. 

Well, Kimi might just listen to you and do that, but FYI, in Italy, calling someone idiot is really not nice, I do agree, but it is quote normal, frequent, and without much second thought. (Like some other expletives in other countries). In city of Napels, I've hesitated slightly to merge into traffic, because space between cars was inadequate, and a small car impatiently within seconds went around me, his windows down, and raving "for what are you waiting you idiot"? This is how I know from direct experience it's not worth of any debate. Some other nations using word s*** in every second sentence, which tells me that we all have our crosses to bear. Vettel shouldn't said that, I do not think he actually meant it because it was more of steam letting out, but Alonso did his own part, otherwise we would not have this conversation.  

“I heard what Vettel said on the radio but I don’t make an issue out of it,” Alonso said. “He’s living a very frustrating period, for himself and for Ferrari, so we have to forgive him.”

Alonso, the man.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/585864/Alonso_sympathises_with_Vettel_forgives_idiot_outburst/

Alonso being the bigger man, something Vettel fans need to look at when making assumptions on behaviour. This is ok though, but if alonso or Hamilton done it, OMFG it would start world war 3.

I wish drivers would do more to help fans and media understand how team radio really works.

That we are lucky enough to listen in does not mean that we are the intended audience.  And what's important to note is that if we want these drivers to be extreme competitors, people dedicated to finding every millionth of a second on the track, then we must accept that they will, at times, have emotional outbursts.

When people tear drivers apart as "whiners" or "losing their focus" or whatever for radio chatter, it's good to have a fellow, respected driver like Alonso step in and clear it up—this is part of the game.  You want drivers who want to win at all costs?  Then you have to have drivers who hate even the slightest imperfection.  That'll make them seem like whiners.  But it's really just a dedication to succeeding in Formula One that, while looking unhealthy and perhaps appearing a bit stupid, puts on a better show for all of us.

So, good on Alonso.

As for Mexico, I love this race.  Mexico's auto racing scene is just phenomenally underrated.  I miss when NASCAR raced at Hermanos Rodríguez—that was cool as heck.  Mexico has tons of great road and oval racing: superbikes, V8 touring cars, lorries/tractors/trucks/whatever you want to call them, S2000-type touring cars, NASCAR, a six-cylinder version of NASCAR (it's hilariously good fun), you name it.  And in the past, Mexico had its own F3000 tour (Chrysler engines *heart eyes emoji*), Nissan prototypes (more heart eyes), pickup truck racing (even more heart eyes), etc.

It's fun to have the big show roll through a place filled with very cool, but very small, shows.

And that's why they edit the F word and other derogatory words. There are kids listening and watching the show/sport.

If Vettel did that just yesterday then I wouldn't say he's a whiner. These past many races he's been complaining at the slightest BS. Deal with it it's part of racing. He should show that he's a champion not a Whiner like Lewis. We do not want more F1 drivers become whiners.

C'mon. It was just a FP. Gimme a break....

9 hours ago, Quiet One said:

“I heard what Vettel said on the radio but I don’t make an issue out of it,” Alonso said. “He’s living a very frustrating period, for himself and for Ferrari, so we have to forgive him.”

Alonso, the man.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/585864/Alonso_sympathises_with_Vettel_forgives_idiot_outburst/

The man??? Awww shame, poor ole Aonso still angry for being sacked by his former team

I mean, he don't just pee in his suit, here's some funny s##t....

Seb: "Are we safe?"

Team: "We are safe" Seb:

Seb: "Can I go for a wee?"

How is being offered in 2014 a contract extension with Ferrari through to 2019 being sacked? Don't you remember that or do we only remember what we want? Alonso used his clause in his contract which stated at the time that if he wasn't within 40 points of the championship leader after the 14th round or something, that he is able to leave Ferrari and still get paid out his remaining contract. He chose to leave, he didn't get fired mate. I think raikkonen fans hold onto that as truth as it's still hard to get over 2014.

Sebastian Vettel, so what is there to say about this grub now? He over stepped the mark in terms of the comments he said about fellow drivers during the race. Non stop whinging all race and after copping that from my missus all weekend I didn't expect to turn the race on and hear it just as bad from Vettel, does this guy ever shut up? Now the arrogance he says it comes across as if he is demanding respect. Whinges his way to third in the meantime almost runs Ricciardo of the road, what a complete toss pot. I lost even more respect for him today, not the fact he almost ran dan of the road, the fact his attitude demanding something be done to benifit him is a joke, what a d1ck head. Now all I have to do is what for sakae to defend Seb and explain why everything he did was fine and acceptable, oh gosh imagine what would happen if any other driver especially max did or said this? Vettel has to do his job and let the stewards do there's. Lewis was supposed to win today, if you can cut a corner and gain 10 car lengths and not be penalised, it's certainly your day.

Where's all the Vettel fans? Bout time this grub got penalised for something. Find it hilarious that the one pushing this "verstappen rule" was the first one pinged for it for moving about under braking. Suck it I say, Ferrari fans must be writing up there list of excuses. After the childish way he behaved today, it couldn't have happened to a better bloke, see Seb, your crap does stink like everyone else's.

Little bit boring race, however FOM and FiA made it exciting by focusing on Vettel. Seb was lining up for Max before DR made his move, but a post-race penalty (10 sec), when many other questionable moves earlier were ignored, seem spurious. Mr. Hamilton got away. Apparently Brit is milking situation for all what is worth, printing full exchange of radio calls, in which Seb, among other stuff, also advised Whiting what he can do with himself - or something to that effect. Post race comments from DC (Vettel doesn't deserves to be on the podium) just confirms what I thought of him for long time, but held back, and I am not waste my time over him today either. It did not matter to him that MV cut track, yet continued to back Vettel closer to him, and got away with it (and later got 5 sec penalty, big deal). MV in also growing into a lovely boy with sweet mouth, disobeying team orders, but who cares - its Max, thus it is all right. Mr. Alonso and his car is another interesting story after purportedly suggesting that car is not legal for F1 but probably for GP2. Well, seems like Seb is not the only one frustrated with this season.