Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

'16 Mexican Grand Prix (Guessing game)

Ohh come on sakae, Vettel was one of the main drivers pushing for this "verstappen rule" and eliminating drivers from moving under braking,yet he does the same and whinges about the penalty, that's all he does now is whinge. You think it's a conspiracy against Vettel as once again he didn't do anything wrong? Verstappen and vettels penalties were deserved and I got no idea how Hamilton didn't get away with one there.  Vettels attitude of late is like he has self promoted himself into this "Ayrton senna" type figure where he demands respect and be listened to.  All he did in the entire post race interview is explain how he was in "the heat of the moment". Well so is every other driver but they don't carry on like a bloody idiot.

Correction: Vettel received (not only) 10 sec penalty, but also 2 penalty points. I think that would be 5 in all for him, if memory serves me. Accumulation of 12 in total results in a race ban. The penalty points gets cleared after 12 months from the date of issue.

3 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Where's all the Vettel fans? Bout time this grub got penalised for something. Find it hilarious that the one pushing this "verstappen rule" was the first one pinged for it for moving about under braking. Suck it I say, Ferrari fans must be writing up there list of excuses. After the childish way he behaved today, it couldn't have happened to a better bloke, see Seb, your crap does stink like everyone else's.

Im starting to think you need to see a shrink concerning anything Vettel dude. You have been psychological effected since he beat your wonder-boy Webber four years in a row. I beg you... Get a grip on yourself man...

Verstappen was also interfering in not so clean fashion with Rosberg, yet all seems just fine in FiA's camp, while young fans do love it. I am not so sure that collectively such love is reciprocated by Rosberg and Vettel. On my part I am slightly confused what will happen to racing, when DC calls shots - he MOVED and Vettel receives penalties on two fronts!  Well duh, he did, but is it the same dirty driving what Verstappen has done race earlier to Rosberg which initiated a lot of criticism? In US it was Button who reported Vettel to FiA and Vettel was penalized in FP. DC had ample space, yet still has to hit Vettel's wheel. What is there to be said which makes sense?

Vettel calling alonso an idiot

Vettel wants massa to move over because massa was embarassing himself by racing for positions

Vettel blocks hamilton in qualifying

Vettel wants the race director to **** off

All this in Just 1 weekend and this has been going on every weekend. 

When did F1 has become all about one driver. He drives for ferrari, so what others should just move over when he comes behind. 

I understand the frustration of not being able to fight at the front but dont you all think this is a bit too much from the 4 time world champion.

As far as max, he is an idiot. Asking vettel to go to school is way too much. He should be penalised every now and then to keep him shut. I wonder what would happen next year when the car becomes good. He wont have the same respect for Ricci as he has now i guess 

Very selective reporting, and it looks bad, yet there is context for each of those statements, which conveniently are missing, as each of those involved look squeaky clean  and innocent, and Vettel is the villain. Alonso in FP run Vettel off the road in racing mode, and interrupted Ferrari program when laps were counted on tire endurance test. Hamilton case - well Vettel was informed late by his team that Hamilton is approaching, and he has let him go without problem. This was also in FP Quali.. I am not sure therefore what is then complain about. Maybe we should talk instead about Hamiltons driving in this race and getting away with it, if it is not too much of incovenience. I haven't heard about any exchange between Massa and Vettel, so I cannot comment, but I know background of the others. These are basically private conversations and we are eavesdropping, so its nice to critique from our armchairs.

Corrected.

Vettel worshipper, i take it. 

Selective reporting because it starts to get boring when he goes on and on. He is clearly frustrated but he should not take it out at other drivers. They are racing as well. (Also you conveniently neglected what i wrote about max)

He blocked hamilton in qualifying not in FP. What s wrong with hamiltons driving. He got away without penalty in the first corner. is that it? He was already way ahead when he cut the corner. So i dont suppose there is a penalty. But i agree that the FIA is not consistent with the penalties.

About massa s incident, when he was not able to ovetake/pass massa for about 8 to 9 laps he said "this guy is just embarasssing himself"

Yes its nice to critique because we are the fans of F1 and thats what we do!

the point is that Ricciardo said "Sebastian left just enough space"... that's the whole point, he left enough room, and Vettel moved because in front of him he had Max who was driving as only a true "Verstappen" can do (and Ricciardo was very long under braking, it's not as if he pulled one of his outstanding moves, yesterday he tried, I praise him for trying, but it didn't really work out that well because he was too far back, not because Vettel moved slightly to the inside). But let's be honest, Vettel's punishment had nothing to do with what really happened on track yesterday, they had to humiliate him and Ferrari for daring to mess with Red Bull and with Charlie. In a sense a punishment for what he did to Hamilton in qualy would have made much more sense, yesterday it was an undignified farce.

Regarding the other incidents, I don't think that Hamilton deserved to be punished whereas I think that if there are no double standards then Verstappen should have been penalized for what he did to Rosberg

All in all what bothers me most are Ricciardo's words after the race, he's such a great guy and I wasn't expecting him to be dragged into such silly arguments, in the end he tried a very optimistic move, helped by the blatantly unfair driving of his team mate, and it didn't work, (IMHO) end of story. I guess that Ricciardo must have been still on adrenaline

Finally I agree with Vettel's judgement on Charlie, if F1 was a truly professional sport people like Charlie and Herbie would have long gone

FiA examined data, and determined that Hamilton lifted, a reason why he wasn't punished. I have been under impression that there are no criteria for "lifting", when he lifted, rate of deceleration, for how long, etc. The criterium I am however aware off is that you have to demonstratively give the position back. This is championship we are talking about. That however FiA did not considered, and if they did, then definitely not from Rosberg's point of view.

3 hours ago, Master of his game said:

Selective reporting because it starts to get boring when he goes on and on. He is clearly frustrated but he should not take it out at other drivers. They are racing as well. (Also you conveniently neglected what i wrote about max)

He blocked hamilton in qualifying not in FP. What s wrong with hamiltons driving. He got away without penalty in the first corner. is that it? He was already way ahead when he cut the corner. So i dont suppose there is a penalty. But i agree that the FIA is not consistent with the penalties.

About massa s incident, when he was not able to ovetake/pass massa for about 8 to 9 laps he said "this guy is just embarasssing himself"

Excessive focus onto one driver, and cherry picking his statements without context seems rather vindictive to me, and not very honest. Sorry.

At the end of the day, the grub whinges about Verstappen moving under braking and he did the same. So biased here it's not funny and the excuses available to defend Vettel it's like Vettel fans have some excuse rolla Dex to defend this grub. He well and truly got what he deserved and for him to say he was full of adrenalin as an excuse towards his behaviour stinks, every other driver is the same out there, why is he any different. Now if Vettel fans have no issue with what he did then why all the rants about Verstappen? Can't have it both ways, Seb was dirty he was going to loose out to another Redbull. As a driver who self appoints himself this demanded respect status, he should be banned for a race for his radio rants and calls Verstappen any name under the sun. Plus he should be setting an example with being such a great 4x champ he is not only by racing etiquette but by radio manners as well. I really though Seb was better than that I really did, until I heard those derogatory words used towards another driver who has young fans and followers as well watching, lost slot of respect for Seb today I really did, that was so low what he did, was it really necessary? He might have looked like an idiot loosing out to both redbulls, but he look like a whinging,bad sport idiot now, if prefer the first option I think.

You like the double standard bias show as well? Been going on a few weeks now. Heard how Vettel has become the greatest driver in the history of Motorsport in general? He doesn't make any mistakes, not one, how good is that? Lol

Christian Horner has revealed Max Verstappen didn't defy a team directive to give up his third place to Sebastian Vettel in the Mexican Grand Prix because he was told not to move over in a subsequent radio message not broadcast over the world feed 
Read more at http://www.crash.net/f1/news/234920/1/verstappen-was-told-not-to-give-up-third-horner.html#0jVmYjjyexK8HULV.99

Verstappen commented afterwards, “I think it was a small bit of justice that the stewards made the decision to penalise Seb. It was clearly a wrong move which has been punished according to the rules.

What a smart young fellow he is, since he has asserted above even before he could actually video-view the incident. In another of his rants he has send Vettel back to school. Its pleasure to be around him.

Man your so tunnel visioned, you can see that something like this bothers you yet can't admit what Vettel said was. He moved under braking, simple as that. Vettel, along with all his fans, including you Vettel fans here have all been blowing up and claiming Verstappen should be penalised. I think it's justice done, the driver complained the most about Verstappen and pushing the new rule, gets done for doing that exact thing. Omg there's now realism here anymore. IMHO I think he deserves a race ban for his behaviour it was apauling. 

17 hours ago, Master of his game said:

Perhaps that because he forgot to brake for the damn corner.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Of all the controversial moves in the last 2 years, how many of them couldn't be fixed by just replacing the run off zones with gravel. If anybody, anywhere, crosses through a runoff zone instead of taking the track, it either meant either that his driving was not up to par, or that it was advantageous to do so. The first case being equivalent to a missed braking zone and the second case being equivalent to verstappen pushing nico off at turn 1.

If the options for the squeezed car are either stay on track and maybe continue on in the race or definitely get beached; Guess which one he's going to choose?

And in the first case, Do you remember Hamilton's rookie appearance in China? The one where he beached it because he forgot to brake? The same damn thing would have happened here.

They want Hamilton to win the title. As apparently the reason he wasn't penalised for going of at turn one was that the telementary showed he slowed down. What bs, how could he come out that chicane 10 car lengths ahead if he didn't cut it? Sound bloody rigged to me.

21 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Im starting to think you need to see a shrink concerning anything Vettel dude. You have been psychological effected since he beat your wonder-boy Webber four years in a row. I beg you... Get a grip on yourself man...

He also hasn't realized certain members of this forum have not directly or even indirectly replied to a single word he's written this past year!

On 10/30/2016 at 1:56 PM, radical-one said:

And that's why they edit the F word and other derogatory words. There are kids listening and watching the show/sport.

If Vettel did that just yesterday then I wouldn't say he's a whiner. These past many races he's been complaining at the slightest BS. Deal with it it's part of racing. He should show that he's a champion not a Whiner like Lewis. We do not want more F1 drivers become whiners.

C'mon. It was just a FP. Gimme a break....

See what I'm talking about guys ? Haaaa !!!