Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

'16 Mexican Grand Prix (Guessing game)

13 minutes ago, radical-one said:

See what I'm talking about guys ? Haaaa !!!

If so, then you need to add another 15 or so of them, because they all do. I cannot be bothered with it anymore, but just yesterday I read several articles with DC admitting that he is swearing the same, or even more than Vettel. Some of it is on the radio, some not, but we never hear of it, because FOM is controlling feed what we hear. Naive public can be fooled so easy, so it seems.

28 minutes ago, Sakae said:

If so, then you need to add another 15 or so of them, because they all do. I cannot be bothered with it anymore, but just yesterday I read several articles with DC admitting that he is swearing the same, or even more than Vettel. Some of it is on the radio, some not, but we never hear of it, because FOM is controlling feed what we hear. Naive public can be fooled so easy, so it seems.

Everyone complains but not cursing all the time. Too bad Vettel got caught way too many times and now he may not be allowed to race in Brasil. Again, I am not a Vettel hater but c'mon do we really need those cursing on the radio when kids and the rest of hr world is watching and listening ? 

Naive public? He said Idi0t, Stup1d, F@ck many times  Are you telling me that there's another translation to what he was saying/cursing on the radio Sakae ? What else does he mean by that? 

37 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Everyone complains but not curing all the time. Too bad Vettel got caught way too many times and now he may not be allowed to race in Brazil. Again, I am not a Vettel hater but c'mon do we really need those cursing on the radio when kids and the rest of hr world is watching and listening ? 

I do actually agree with you, that societal standards have been lowered, and not everyone is happy about it. Having said that, any punitive measures imposed upon Vettel aren't going to reform anyone. Not Vettel, nor his peers. Regarding kids, yeah it is a problem, but Live Feed is on delay (I've noticed), and it is censored, with expletives deleted. It is in hands of the FOM.

Push is not to correct Vettel's linguistic aberration, but his dare to call out Race Control for his indecisiveness to act in timely manner on a driver who was deemed by Vettel to break rules on the books and was consequently impeding his racing progress. In retrospect, both, Hamilton and Verstappen should have been called out IMO. Hamilton however did not go even through enquiry, and FiA's silence over Verstappen ultimately culminated with incident for which Vettel received penalty (and there could be more for him yet). As often happened in history, maybe wrong people are here on trial, foul language or not. Verstappen 5 sec post race penalty is a joke, considering what happened on the track, and caused the whole outburst. Having impose it, is actually admission that Verstappen was in wrong, but why he was allowed to hold his position remains a subject of speculations.

Yes it is an issue. I guess one of the possible way would be not to broadcast their radio conversation at all but then it would take away some of the excitement - oh well. 

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

Everyone complains but not cursing all the time.

how do you know that this is the case? Have you access to all radio transmissions for all drivers on the grid? obviously not, so you and me can only ear what the powers that be decide that we should ear. That is the whole point.

For some reason Vettel had his radio conversations made public more often than others and the powers that be decided that they should make public some rather saucy conversations, so what? do they make public any conversation? obviously not. This whole thing about Vettel is being blown out of proportion, IMHO mainly to spice things up a bit (I don't think that this started as a conspiracy against Vettel, even though I find his 10 seconds penalty last Sunday was handed out in true "mafia style", the message was very clear) and generate some interest into F1, but as is often the case someone pushed the envelope a bit too far. As such, if I really have to put my lawyer's hat on, I'd say that Vettel has ground for libel. I don't think that he would ever take anyone to court for this matter but that is not the point. 

Furthermore it seems to me as if young Max used very similar words towards Vettel and Kimi in recent months, I haven't seen such an outcry for what young Max did, maybe insulting Vettel or insulting Kimi is ok for some sections of the public, I really don't know, but one thing is for sure, there's a very clear scent of double standards flying around

7 hours ago, james said:

Perhaps that because he forgot to brake for the damn corner.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Of all the controversial moves in the last 2 years, how many of them couldn't be fixed by just replacing the run off zones with gravel. If anybody, anywhere, crosses through a runoff zone instead of taking the track, it either meant either that his driving was not up to par, or that it was advantageous to do so. The first case being equivalent to a missed braking zone and the second case being equivalent to verstappen pushing nico off at turn 1.

If the options for the squeezed car are either stay on track and maybe continue on in the race or definitely get beached; Guess which one he's going to choose?

And in the first case, Do you remember Hamilton's rookie appearance in China? The one where he beached it because he forgot to brake? The same damn thing would have happened here.

Thats very true and we wont be discussing if hamilton needed a penalty or not, because going into the gravel is a penalty by itself.

7 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

how do you know that this is the case? Have you access to all radio transmissions for all drivers on the grid? obviously not, so you and me can only ear what the powers that be decide that we should ear. That is the whole point.

For some reason Vettel had his radio conversations made public more often than others and the powers that be decided that they should make public some rather saucy conversations, so what? do they make public any conversation? obviously not. This whole thing about Vettel is being blown out of proportion, IMHO mainly to spice things up a bit (I don't think that this started as a conspiracy against Vettel, even though I find his 10 seconds penalty last Sunday was handed out in true "mafia style", the message was very clear) and generate some interest into F1, but as is often the case someone pushed the envelope a bit too far. As such, if I really have to put my lawyer's hat on, I'd say that Vettel has ground for libel. I don't think that he would ever take anyone to court for this matter but that is not the point. 

Furthermore it seems to me as if young Max used very similar words towards Vettel and Kimi in recent months, I haven't seen such an outcry for what young Max did, maybe insulting Vettel or insulting Kimi is ok for some sections of the public, I really don't know, but one thing is for sure, there's a very clear scent of double standards flying around

Agreed! This is all to make the internet go wild. Media nowadays!!!! 

The radio rant Is started to get boring . Atleast they should transmit other drivers conversations for a change.

21 hours ago, Sakae said:

Excessive focus onto one driver, and cherry picking his statements without context seems rather vindictive to me, and not very honest. Sorry.

No problem.

I just saw that Vettel was voted driver of the day last Sunday, it just shows how detached some people have become with the general public (and, IMHO, with common sense). Having said that I think that Hulkenberg did very well, and Ricciardo wasn't too shabby either, so for me the driver of the day was not such a clear cut matter, more of a ex aequo

5 hours ago, Emmcee said:

No you only don't reply when you can't answer my question.

Dumsh*t I haven't replied to any of your topics for an entire year regardless of good postings, bad postings, and mostly idiotic hate filled posts. Others have noticed, but you hadn't until it had to be pointed out to you. Keep puffing that chest of yours out. I'd be sad if no one wanted to converse with me, but you seem to take it as a badge of honour. I have zero interest to interact with you due to your moronic idiotic vitriol. You are not a valued contributing member of these forums, you're tolerated for no other reason than there isn't a ban filter here. Some ignore you, some take the p**s out of you and wind you up on purpose. I chose a long time to ago to simply skip over your posts and move onto reading something I may actually learn about or have a good converastion with. A wise move, because reading the other members replies to your posts are classic. You're still the same little child ranting against Vettel, Kimi, his fans, and members on this forum who support those drivers. It's broken record. I know for a fact members on these forums have left because of you, and some are considering leaving and not coming back. You leave a foul stench everywhere you post, that's not something to be proud of in my view. The same cannot be said for posts from Sakae, Jem, Publius, Brad and others. At least they add value to GPToday with insight, wit, humour and facts.

Look again onto Vettel-Ricciardo incident with open mind, and let me know how Race Control thought his decision is not ambiguous and open to abuse. Vettel always had to steer under braking but a car behind, here RB, all what he had to do is to place himself into a position for light contact and sink Vettel with FiA that he was hit because Vettel moved. Issues of that kind needs to be resolved on the track, not in stewards office. Contrary to other respected members on this forum, I am slowly beginning to believe that DC actually played a dirty one. Watching the replay again and again repeatedly, I cannot believe that DC didn't know in what trajectory Vettel was traveling, and incident seems quite deliberate on his part.

Yep same here, you all know how vocal I've been on Vettel about this, he really peed me of claiming he needed to see the replay to see  the incident with Ricciardo, he knew what he was fully doing and then carrying with excuses saying he was full of adrenalin at the time is pi55weak. 

4 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

If I don't know then  you don't know either. Full stop.

For those who missed how much Verstappen went off, gained, and team w FiA let him continue, FOM provides replay...enjoy.

Funny thing - Hamilton's excursion was left out.

For Verstappen to make funny noises about Vettel's driving, while he was as much off track is beyond my comprehension. Utter disgrace that someone did not hurt him after the race. 5 sec post race penalty is a cruel joke. 

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

If I don't know then  you don't know either.

and this is the exact point I'm making, we don't know what drivers tell to their engineers during a race, we only get to ear a few sentences, mostly out of context, so how can we say that a certain driver deserves to be punished because he said something when the very same words could (and very likely)  have been spoken by the whole field? 

All we know is that Vettel said something right about Charlie, we also know that in recent weeks Max called names both Vettel and Kimi, he said that Lauda is mad and Jacques Villeneuve a murderer, all of which was said in cold blood and not in the heat of the moment, but the problem is Vettel because he's upset by the fact that Charlie is willingly damaging his race... that looks like double standards to me. IMHO both Vettel and Max are free to speak their mind (with the due excepction of calling JV a murderer, that is really going way too far) and I'm grateful that Vettel has the guts to say loud and clear what he thinks, we all like to say "in the good old days this and that would happen", well in the good old days someone like Mansell, Senna or Piquet Snr would have punched Charlie in the face, let alone tell him to f... off :D oh, and since we're talking of the good old days I'd like some gravel traps back, please

There is almost zero interest to ask appropriate questions addressed to FiA why Verstappen was able to continue blocking Vettel, without conceding his position immediately, and then in post race interview the guy has audacity to let his mouth go without actually advise him to shut up. Mystery.

There is another one - FOM has video on their site showing Vettel in different situations (what a focus this driver receives), and in one cut Vettel drives on left side, did not move when Hamilton caught up with him, yet Hamilton reported him for blocking. To be honest, I do not understand substance of that complain. In FP, race, or quali, drivers find traffic, so, why Mr. Hamilton was so upset that media had to make a story out of it? Watch it - video is available on FOM site.

Hamilton taking shortcut, but no problem. CW just as BBC found their way to fully explain why this kind of driving is just fine with them.

Overdriving corner, not slotting in, wonderful.  Hamilton would have probably lost a few spots, and no race win, but that was no good for the show. Hulk said, if this is not gaining (unfair) advantage, than I do not know what is.

9 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Dumsh*t I haven't replied to any of your topics for an entire year regardless of good postings, bad postings, and mostly idiotic hate filled posts. Others have noticed, but you hadn't until it had to be pointed out to you. Keep puffing that chest of yours out. I'd be sad if no one wanted to converse with me, but you seem to take it as a badge of honour. I have zero interest to interact with you due to your moronic idiotic vitriol. You are not a valued contributing member of these forums, you're tolerated for no other reason than there isn't a ban filter here. Some ignore you, some take the p**s out of you and wind you up on purpose. I chose a long time to ago to simply skip over your posts and move onto reading something I may actually learn about or have a good converastion with. A wise move, because reading the other members replies to your posts are classic. You're still the same little child ranting against Vettel, Kimi, his fans, and members on this forum who support those drivers. It's broken record. I know for a fact members on these forums have left because of you, and some are considering leaving and not coming back. You leave a foul stench everywhere you post, that's not something to be proud of in my view. The same cannot be said for posts from Sakae, Jem, Publius, Brad and others. At least they add value to GPToday with insight, wit, humour and facts.

That's your opinion mate and just because you fell that way mate doesn't make you right. Not a contributing member? Lmao so your the judge of this to? See looks like you only read what you want to read, I've sad quite a few positive things about these drivers numerous times but it only seems to be the negative you like to remember. Sorry you fell that way mate I really do, I couldn't really care if certain members don't want to talk to me, there biased police anyway, can't talk any sense into any of them because there so deluded with there fetish for Vettel. Have a good day to monkey.

8 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

and this is the exact point I'm making, we don't know what drivers tell to their engineers during a race, we only get to ear a few sentences, mostly out of context, so how can we say that a certain driver deserves to be punished because he said something when the very same words could (and very likely)  have been spoken by the whole field? 

All we know is that Vettel said something right about Charlie, we also know that in recent weeks Max called names both Vettel and Kimi, he said that Lauda is mad and Jacques Villeneuve a murderer, all of which was said in cold blood and not in the heat of the moment, but the problem is Vettel because he's upset by the fact that Charlie is willingly damaging his race... that looks like double standards to me. IMHO both Vettel and Max are free to speak their mind (with the due excepction of calling JV a murderer, that is really going way too far) and I'm grateful that Vettel has the guts to say loud and clear what he thinks, we all like to say "in the good old days this and that would happen", well in the good old days someone like Mansell, Senna or Piquet Snr would have punched Charlie in the face, let alone tell him to f... off :D oh, and since we're talking of the good old days I'd like some gravel traps back, please

I can sympathize with Seb truly. I can imagine what he's going through at Maranello then dealing with all these out of control drivers cutting him etc. He just have to kindda keep it low on those cursing because he's been overdoing it. You can't complain and curse in each instance, That's my only issue with him - IF in fact he's saying and meaning what we hear on TV. Otherwise I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Exactly and that's what I've been saying to people here, that I have no issue with Seb accept for his constant radio outbursts and IMO he went over the mark. The fact he was complaining about moves Verstappen has done yet he went ahead and did the same to Ricciardo. Sebs driving speaks for itself, he's fast and reliable but what he did just shows that exact frustration he is going through. How long has it been since we've seen Seb up on the podium? He wants results so bad so it seems he is going to push the limits that much further now. The other issue I have is I feel personally he is respsonsable for two first corner incidents this season but that's my own opinion and yet I get crucified here for it and it's only a decision based of what I've seen and expiereicned myself as a racer and try to implement it into some sort of scenario I've had but in f1.

True. He's done it in the past against his own team mate in RB if you remember who I'm referring to. But back then nobody has made a huge thing about his moves let alone curse him on the radio.

Besides, it's not like he's fighting for the championship at the moment. Nico got tucked by Max last weekend in the first/second ish corner which almost took him out (and his championship chances) and yet Seb is making the loudest rant. I don't get it.   

I just don't the way he spoke to the race director, who cares if he is a bit of a goof ball at times but he can't do that then want the man to help him. Arrogant little prick IMO.