Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Top journalists vote for top driver...no surprises!

1 hour ago, Quiet One said:

http://motor.as.com/motor/2016/10/27/formula_1/1477534410_029992.html

I'm still wondering if I should wonder replying the unavoidable "that survey means nothing" posts that will follow.

:snigger:

I am actually familiar with process whereby group consensus is sought, when scientifically derived data are not available. Survey remains subjective expression of people who have participated in the that enquiry; not a big deal, actually. It is an opinion - we all have those. I am not surprised over those results, but as most of the stuff on the internet I can shrug it off. Just listing their years in F1 is totally irrelevant to the job in hand, and rather weak attempt to throw some fog around that it means something like credibility, which is a weakest thingy in that charade.

Should anyone be interested, another recent study (link provided) conducted in some English University, created similar list of greatest drivers of all times. BTW, Hamilton did not make it into top 10 on their criteria, but Vettel has. I have not taken even that study seriously for their assumption, that within a team, they had considered cars as having equal capabilities, and weighed those as such. I do reject assumptions of that kind because it is patently inaccurate, and inevitably also that study, and despite being a better try among of hundreds we get every year, even that one is flawed, therefore result derived on consensus is good as any, but not playing this silly games, and enjoy racing instead is better, IMHO.

Good try, but regrettably no cigar.

Lol I couldn't care about statistics like that, all I know is one of my favourite drivers is considered the best by not only his fellow racers but by ex racers alike. Must mean something, knew you would take the bait. if it's not Vettel or Ferrari it's not right is it? Don't know a good driver when you see one, talk about biased.

3 hours ago, Quiet One said:

I'm still wondering if I should bother replying the unavoidable "that survey means nothing" posts that will follow.

Probably another case of Alfonso the emperor and his "good friends", as Massa has alluded to. The emperor in my view is on par with Rosberg at best, his real worth as a driver he is around 5th best of the current crop, and I'm being generous here. Make no mistake folks. Give him a competitive car, or as a teammate to Hamilton or Vettel, and he won't be able to live with either of them...

Talk about those strange incidents he had, it's abit of a puzzle...and very weird

Well I don't know what you have been watching and you must have been watching it with your fingers in your ears as ex drivers who have raced against all of them class fernando as the best. They wouldn't know anything though would they?

On 10/28/2016 at 2:09 PM, Quiet One said:

I'm still wondering if I should bother replying the unavoidable "that survey means nothing" posts that will follow.

That survey means nothing!  Alonso is first alphabetically.  You think these lazy journalists who are only in this business for the free buffets bothered to read down to "Hamilton" or "Räikkönen" or "Rosberg" or, God forbid, "Verstappen" or "Vettel?" ;)

Yeah yeah if that makes you feel any better? Just another nail in the coffin mate lol.

6 hours ago, Massa said:

That survey means nothing!  Alonso is first alphabetically.  You think these lazy journalists who are only in this business for the free buffets bothered to read down to "Hamilton" or "Räikkönen" or "Rosberg" or, God forbid, "Verstappen" or "Vettel?" ;)

Dude, we need to sort out these issues with gptoday forums, please speak to Wez about this

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Dude, we need to sort out these issues with gptoday forums, please speak to Wez about this

Joking aside, I get always suspicious when there is an excessive unity of opinions, especially in such highly contraversial environment as the F1 is. Who wants to look in the paddock an odd one, and go against the mainstream? Vettel is 4x champ, yet a Spanish journo will not put him even in top 5 currently on the grid, and no one raises questions about credibility of this survey. Signs of vindictiveness are too loud here.

Yeah how much weight do those 4 titles hold when a younger kid can come in with less experience, less knowledge about the team and how they work and beat this 4x champ in a car built mainly for the 4x champ. Would you class this post as a sign of reality? No, it will be "oh Vettel this" and "Vettel that" bs. End of the day he didn't even score a win when Daniel had 3. You wanna bag this journo for being biased, bit hipercritical don't you think? I mean after all, all you do is consistently post on how good Ferrari and Seb are and blah blah blah and won't even speak the truth when it's right in front of your eyes. So biased it isn't even funny and Ian still getting over the fact that Vettel hasn't made one single mistake all year according to you, that has literally blown my mind.

On 29/10/2016 at 8:19 PM, Massa said:

I knew it!