Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Magnussen to Haas in 2017?

After an impressive debut season I imagine Haas will be stronger in 2017. That said I imagine Renault will be a LOT stronger than they are now, still off the pace mind, but a lot closer to the pointy end. If I were him I'd try and lock down a Renault seat for the next couple of seasons.

G'day and welcome, yeah I agree with your post but the question is, if mag is looking elsewhere, IMO that's means Renault haven't committed to anything with him let alone a multi year deal. I honestly feel Magnussen drove incredibly well all year and certainly deserves at the minimum to maintain his seat he has already . Could we see grosjean back at Renault alongside Hulkenberg as I belrive haas hasn't confirmed grosjean either. I have been impressed by haas and in particular grosjean this season. Not once did I believe the hype gene placed around himself saying the could fight with Redbull and Ferrari before even turning a wheel on the car. But I have been super impressed with what they have done, boxed above there weight a few times, especially early part of the season when the car was closer in development sense, grosjean drive really well.

Yea I suppose you're right.. Renault have made no secret they've been looking for another big driver so who knows where that leaves K Mag. If I were him I'd try and stay there, if I were RG I'd try and stay at Haas for another year in the hope of getting a red seat in 2018, and if I were Wehlein I'd be knocking on Williams' door, especially as it seems Ocon is making the step up to Force India. If he's not careful I fear he'll lose traction in his career and stagnate. Lots of highly rated younglings around now including Sainz and Vandoorne.. I can see Gutierrez out of a drive next year. I don't think he's good enough. That seat could be filled by Lance Stroll, Canadian, useful in the North American market, lots and lots of daddy's money. It should be an interesting winter..

Lance stroll is all but confirmed for Williams, it's also bottas that hasn't been confirmed either. I also agree with you on Gutierrez, I also don't think he is good enough either, not fast enough. I hope Grosjean stays on but sources claim Gutierrez is on verge of signing new haas deal. Ocon apparently has filled the other force india seat,  so yeah I agree, mag needs to stitch up a be Renault deal