Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Brazil

Lap record: Montoya in 2004

Final stretch.

1. Rosberg needs reliability. (A win will be good too).

2. Vettel/Kimi/Verstappen in struggle for P4.

3. Common denominator: all three have to-date 3 DNF each, Vettel in addition has one DNS

4. To-date average race-end positions:

- Vettel 4.0

- Kimi 4.1

- Verstappen 5.1

My wild guess is, that Max Vertsappen might want that position little more than Ferrari guys, who are probably now tired of this season. It will be understatement on my part if I say that I do expect some more banging of wheels.

They want Hamilton to win the title that's why he wasn't penalised in Mexico. So hers what  I rekon.

1-hamilton

2-rosberg

3-ricciardo

4-verstappen

5 -vettel

Should Rosberg place in P2 in Brazil, then in Abu Dhabi he needs only P3 and that will knock Hamilton of his perch. I am sure Nico will try his best, but keeping cool will guide him not to go unnecessarily crazy.

All Rosberg needs to do is qualify the car on the front row where it should be, get it off the line, and he'll be world champion. I've been wondering recently exactly what Hamilton said to the media after Barcelona. Something about he'd only reveal after his career. Call me a conspirator but I reckon this championship is gift-wrapped for Nico after they clashed. What we have now seems to me to be only the appearance of a duel. Hamilton suddenly in the form and has the machinery to keep the championship 'alive' only now Nico doesn't need to beat him on track to win.

Maybe I'm crazy.

But two world champion drivers are better than one dominant driver from a purely marketing perspective.

It would be only the second father son world champions in history I beleive.

9 hours ago, Emmcee said:

They want Hamilton to win the title that's why he wasn't penalised in Mexico. So hers what  I rekon.

1-hamilton

2-rosberg

3-ricciardo

4-verstappen

5 -vettel

who want hamilton to win? FIA ? or the team ?

2 hours ago, Master of his game said:

who want hamilton to win? FIA ? or the team ?

Good question, but I would narrow it down who is who in that question.

Come on figure it out, who else can run of the circuit, cut corners and gain 10 plus car length gap and not get penalised? That's who they want to win right there. Even with the less engines Hamilton has and the ones he does have are down on power, he will still win IMo. As much as he does t deserve as rosberg has done a better job all year but it won't go to who deserves it I don t think.

Hamilton has done a fantastic job too. he has been fantastic all year except the reliability of his car is worse. If not for his engines he would have been well ahead. Why does his engine has problems and has to take engine penalties when rosberg is managing his quota quite easily. If the team wants someone to win this year , its definitely rosberg(IMO).

Bernie has been saying how lewis is a better champion than vettel and now suddenly he comes out and says he wants rosberg to win. Whats that all about? 

Anyways we will see how the season finale fares!

Actually, and I suspect you might know that, but gave your own spin to it, Ecclestone claimed long time ago, that Hamilton, as a champion, represents F1 best of them all, including Vettel, because he is a rapper, and red carpet kind of guy, yet the others, he implied, are lazy and do not much for the sport. Recently he added, that Hamilton would be a better champion than Rosberg, because, again, he is the red carpet guy. Subsequently Totto snubbed that suggestion, because he thought, in contrast to Ecclestone, that the driver with most points should win (red carpet or not). Ecclestone, as customary of him, subsequently declared that he was misunderstood, or was misquoted (not sure who actually cares what he is saying).

In terms who deserves WDC/WDD - no comment; not anymore, and not after I've denounced regulatory rig, and stifling competition for about n-th times. It's between those two, but for Mercedes, both titles are cheap, and kind of worthless in my eyes.

On 11/3/2016 at 3:19 AM, Sakae said:

Should Rosberg place in P2 in Brazil, then in Abu Dhabi he needs only P3 and that will knock Hamilton of his perch. I am sure Nico will try his best, but keeping cool will guide him not to go unnecessarily crazy.

They might sabotage Nico's car ? LOL could happen :D 

On 11/3/2016 at 0:23 PM, Master of his game said:

Hamilton

Max

vettel

ricci

Rsoberg DNF. I feel this would happen this week so that both of them would fight it out for the title in abu dhabi. 

I can agree on the Rosberg DNF. Scares me a little but I'm prepared to see the worst. 

4 minutes ago, radical-one said:

They might sabotage Nico's car ? LOL could happen :D 

There was a British guy working for Ferrari as a chief mechanic, who has sabotaged Schumacher's car, thus we know, anything can happen.*

Some F1 "historians" claiming that he was let go because of "alleged" espionage, but my recollection is different. Primary tick was for he was seen adding white powder into Michael's fuel tank. They grab him in garage, and surely found additive in his pocket.

Yep. The possibility is high - in any sport actually.It's all about business or dirty business for that matter....

17 minutes ago, radical-one said:

I can agree on the Rosberg DNF. Scares me a little but I'm prepared to see the worst. 

My gut feeling is, that Mercedes brass is more frightened than you about that potentiality, because any attempt for subsequent explanation will be rejected. It will be a terribly difficult PR job. Imagine that it can happen to Hamilton as well.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Actually, and I suspect you might know that, but gave your own spin to it, Ecclestone claimed long time ago, that Hamilton, as a champion, represents F1 best of them all, including Vettel, because he is a rapper, and red carpet kind of guy, yet the others, he implied, are lazy and do not much for the sport. Recently he added, that Hamilton would be a better champion than Rosberg, because, again, he is the red carpet guy. Subsequently Totto snubbed that suggestion, because he thought, in contrast to Ecclestone, that the driver with most points should win (red carpet or not). Ecclestone, as customary of him, subsequently declared that he was misunderstood, or was misquoted (not sure who actually cares what he is saying).

In terms who deserves WDC/WDD - no comment; not anymore, and not after I've denounced regulatory rig, and stifling competition for about n-th times. It's between those two, but for Mercedes, both titles are cheap, and kind of worthless in my eyes.

That's how F1 is nowadays . we have to accept it. It's all but domination. But as a f1 fan I am hoping atleast 4 teams are fighting for the win week on week from next year. If it is still merc who dominates I am not going to watch anymore. I have had enough now that jenson s also taking a sabbatical .  

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

The team may stage this to make the title fight a little interesting. I hear that people following f1 are reduced compared to last year. So to make this interesting and to pull in new followers thsee last races may be staged .  

59 minutes ago, Master of his game said:

The team may stage this to make the title fight a little interesting. I hear that people following f1 are reduced compared to last year. So to make this interesting and to pull in new followers thsee last races may be staged .  

Yes and I would feel sorry for Nico if it ever happens. 

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

There was a British guy working for Ferrari as a chief mechanic, who has sabotaged Schumacher's car, thus we know, anything can happen.*

Some F1 "historians" claiming that he was let go because of "alleged" espionage, but my recollection is different. Primary tick was for he was seen adding white powder into Michael's fuel tank. They grab him in garage, and surely found additive in his pocket.

What proof is there of this? Not just anyone in the garage has access to fuel let alone the car. Only shell would have access to oil and fuel and there present when any fuel or oil is changed or added. I don't think it's true because the fuel is tested before and after the race, it wouldn't have worked. Sure you haven't got this confused with mark webber lol.

My recollection is, that a triger for Ferrari acting on the spot was timely report to Brawn and Todt by another mechanic, who has observed that person adding something to a fuel tank. He was caught red-handed, so to speak. When they noticed spots of flour like substance on his hands and pants close to his pockets, they requested of him to show them, that he has nothing in his pocket, and that was end of it. That's about all what I recall and what was revealed to public. I am not totally sure, but I thought as an exchange for not being criminally prosecuted, I think he came clean with the management, and was let go. There was later some legal rumor, that he has also supplied proprietary information to McLaren, and we know how that ended. Today if you want to make some low level excuses for such behavior, or even deny it, be my guest. I am used it by now of this forum.  (I checked, and a prosecutor was involved). The guy claimed that he was setup. 

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

My recollection is, that a triger for Ferrari acting on the spot was timely report to Brawn and Todt by another mechanic, who has observed that person adding something to a fuel tank. He was caught red-handed, so to speak. When they noticed spots of flour like substance on his hands and pants close to his pockets, they requested of him to show them, that he has nothing in his pocket, and that was end of it. That's about all what I recall and what was revealed to public. I am not totally sure, but I thought as an exchange for not being criminally prosecuted, I think he came clean with the management, and was let go. There was later some legal rumor, that he has also supplied proprietary information to McLaren, and we know how that ended. Today if you want to make some low level excuses for such behavior, or even deny it, be my guest. I am used it by now of this forum.  (I checked, and a prosecutor was involved). The guy claimed that he was setup. 

Settle down bro, man you take everything to heart, I simply don't beleive it, it's no dig at you personally, I know your only making us aware of what you've heard or read. All good mate geez.