Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Palmer to partner Hulk in 2017

Tertiary level rumor has it, that Palmer got it on a British maze of legal mumbo jumbo (denotes technicality), rather than his skills. Who knows what happened, but circumstances do suggest this is not a result some of us have expected. 

I certainly didnt think he would have another shot, he makes far to many mistakes IMO.

5 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I certainly didnt think he would have another shot, he makes far to many mistakes IMO.

He must bring some bundle of cash to secure that seat. You how it is these days in F1

Its the reputation his farther has over in Europe with his racing school and what not.

How about Ocon to Force india, is that a deserving one? What happens to Pascal Wehrlein now? I thought he deserves the Williams seat. 

Pascal might be groomed for a Mercedes's seat (as a lot people think so). Problem is, he is not getting any younger, while his current seat is more of a cruel joke. I thought that he (or Ocon) would go to Renault, but Palmer got it instead. Beats me why he got it, but life is sometimes that way. Ocon meanwhile has signed multi-year contract with FI. 

I also mentioned this about werhelin to FI but you know, just saying.

What I didn't know until today, that KM was offered the seat before Palmer, but, said Kevin, he dropped that offer.

Do you think it was wise for KM to ditch a factory team in favor of a private team? I feel KM should've looked more at hulks situation first. FI are towards the front and are a private team and hulk felt it was better for him to achieve the results he wants in the future to switch to a factory team, will be interesting.

Maybe they see ocon as the better driver. But werhlein said he would do another year at manor, not that he has a choice, but it would be a kick in the guts as I didn't think ocon did better than werhlein in the time they had together but anyway.

Yes. I hope for a better luck for Wehrlein in 2017 season at Manor and a bigger team for 2018 onwards. 

Perhaps a Merc drive or similar could vindicate him. I guess I like Pascal as a driver so I wish him well.

On PW maybe Mercedes are keeping him in line for a big promotion in 2018 when both Lewis' & Nico's contracts are up and one of them may well be shown the door.. Maybe FI wanted a multiple year contract and Ocon was happy to sign, given his relative and comparative lack of F1 experience..

On JP resigning for Renault... I'll admit I didn't see that happening but he must have something otherwise they wouldn't resign him, difficult to shine at the back but he is a GP2 champion so he knows how to win. Maybe with a more competitive car he'll grow stronger - Kind of like Jenson when he was at the early stage of his career. He's now a world champion and extremely highly regarded.

I think Palmer is a bit of a d#ck though, every time I hear him on the radio he's always got a strop on. Hopefully he'll mellow out a bit.

20 minutes ago, Unknown? said:

On PW maybe Mercedes are keeping him in line for a big promotion in 2018 when both Lewis' & Nico's contracts are up and one of them may well be shown the door.. Maybe FI wanted a multiple year contract and Ocon was happy to sign, given his relative and comparative lack of F1 experience..

On JP resigning for Renault... I'll admit I didn't see that happening but he must have something otherwise they wouldn't resign him, difficult to shine at the back but he is a GP2 champion so he knows how to win. Maybe with a more competitive car he'll grow stronger - Kind of like Jenson when he was at the early stage of his career. He's now a world champion and extremely highly regarded.

I think Palmer is a bit of a d#ck though, every time I hear him on the radio he's always got a strop on. Hopefully he'll mellow out a bit.

Agree; when I heard him talk first time, I thought oh Lord, not another one, please, yet his farther was something else, and his comments next to MW on Schumacher in rainy Spain remain until today unparalleled to any other racing broadcast I've heard. 

26 minutes ago, Unknown? said:

Button was a much better driver than palmer was early on in his career and in his rookie season in 2000, the lines palmer takes while defending positions is some what amateurish and looks very sloppy IMO. I feel Renault signed him as they had no other alternative with basic experience that didn't demand a big pay increase because if this season impressed them, then Maldonado was the next senna. As for PW and the Mercedes theory for 2018, could be very plausible, maybe FI did offer him a deal first and Mercedes stepped in, who knows, but I do know that there is a heck of a lot that goes on that surprisingly the press doesn't catch wind of.