Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Nico or Lewis for 2016 Trophy ? Last race !

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Championship was on the line in this case, and it is unwritten tradition in F1 for other drivers not to interfere with title contestants in final race (under normal circumstances). Webber in 2012 was of course another odd one.

Otherwise this...

'Hamilton facing the sack'

What's with sakae and the cheap shots of late? You know why webber didn't help in 2012? Because he didn't get the help in 2010 from redbull let alone Seb. He was ahead for majority of the season and any team would've backed webber if in that situation. They risked it all on ONE race hoping alonso didn't get past petrov and if he did, boy wouldn't have redbull looked absolutely stupid by not backing webber and securing it sooner. Can't anyone see that? How close they were to loosing it because they simply didn't want webber to win. Think about it, first time there investment would've paid of ten folds. So there not going to let an "outsider" take it if there investment can will they? After all f1 is just a business and to make money in business you need to see returns on what you have spent to make money. That's not common sense is it? No that's me and my vandettas and hatred for certain drivers isn't? After all, people know what Iam feeling more than me so please tell me what Iam feeling and thinking. And for everyone else Iam just retaliating for a cheap shot and that my opinion on the matter as others are allowed to so Iam to. Just getting all the assumptions out the way for you guys. I can't wait to hear what Vettel defence is being prepared.

HORNER SAYS HAMILTON DID NOTHING WRONG IN ABU DHABI

It is not first time Horner is siding publicly with Hamilton during last weekend of this season, while disregarding fact, that Hamilton's employer com team orders to their driver to the contrary. Its pity he did not defended Sebastian with the same fervor a few years back. To repeat myself, I am not judging Hamilton on his tactics as much as him going back on his pre-race unsolicited declaration, that he will take high-road in the race, yet we saw what happened. Motosport.com thinks it's not over for him yet, but somehow I doubt it, because it would not be first time Wolff blinked when Hamilton is involved. Anarchy in the team, said he, is no good, but why then is he tolerating it? Hamilton also was threatening this weekend Mercedes with his revelation in his memoirs (yet to be written), addressing alleged (implied?) conspiracy against him by re-assigning HIS mechanics to Rosberg. Well, we will stay tuned.

Of course Horner would say that so if ever the situation ever rises again, maybe just maybe redbull would get let by for the win. It's more or less saying, if you ever need our help in the future, we have your back. But they would expect a result that would benefit them in exchange. People need to read between the lines. Seb at redbull got away with murder. Let seb of for Turkey 2010 and Malaysia 2013 where the biggest signs in showing just how supportive they were of him. Vettel fans get a foot and they want a football field, they guy can do no wrong in whatever situation, man Iam over that. Yesterday though I felt respect towards him as he congratulated Nico like a man should and drove his a$$ of for a brilliant result, but it will take a lot more for me to gain the respect back I gained for him than just this.

(watch this last bit get forgotten and only the negative brought up)

4 hours ago, radical-one said:

Otherwise this...

'Hamilton facing the sack'

I think the story is "klickbait". In my mind I have sacked Hamilton from the team for various issues over the years several times, yet he is still there. In narrow framework of Teutonic culture, Hamilton is dead meat thanks to his off-track behavior, however luckily for him, Mercedes adopted more liberal, and internationally lower standards, and we will see how far he can push it before something breaks. Brits are IMO wrong to think that Hamilton is indispensable for Merc. Alonso is (or could be) probably available next year.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

I think the story is "klickbait". In my mind I have sacked Hamilton from the team for various issues over the years several times, yet he is still there. In narrow framework of Teutonic culture, Hamilton is dead meat thanks to his off-track behavior, however luckily for him, Mercedes adopted more liberal, and internationally lower standards, and we will see how far he can push it before something breaks. Brits are IMO wrong to think that Hamilton is indispensable for Merc. Alonso is (or could be) probably available next year.

Agree. Lewis isn't indispensable. It's not just the driver, it's the team, whole package.

I do believe that any better than average driver could do well with Merc car and apparently win a title.

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

Agree. Lewis isn't indispensable. It's not just the driver, it's the team, whole package.

I do believe that any better than average driver could do well with Merc car and apparently win a title.

Past three season - yes, I agree. Next year is >?<

1 hour ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

has anyone noticed that the fastest lap was 1:43.729 and the pole was 1:38.755: everything normal? :):rolleyes::wacko:

Per FOM, until this weekend Vettel held track record since y. 2009 at 1:40.279 (Hamilton was faster this year in quali). Statistical comparison this year between qualification and races seems rather difficult, since tires, by consensus, were overly sensitive to track temperatures, and whilst I cannot speak about Mercedes, Ferrari drivers described changes in car handling as huge. Hamilton slowed down the field on Sunday, that is not in dispute, but how much faster he could drive during the race we will never know with any certainty. Maybe a little more, but not up to qualification rate.

2 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

has anyone noticed that the fastest lap was 1:43.729 and the pole was 1:38.755: everything normal? :):rolleyes::wacko:

That's because of the tyre everyone was running. It would've been faster if verstappen didnt so actually how long you can run on that tyre. There simply wasn't enough durability to push to hard. Iam super impressed by verstappens tyre conservation this season and I was so critical on the move from TR to RB. Now Iam seriously worried if redbull happen to be really competitive next year, verstappen will give Ricciardo a real hard time.