Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Rosberg world champion at last.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

No one can, and you can take it to the bank. Not Hamilton, not Alonso, and not Verstappen. (IMHO, of course).

There are those who can get close though......Senna, Lauda, Rindt, Schuey

4 hours ago, Insider said:

There are those who can get close though......Senna, Lauda, Rindt, Schuey

Imagination.

The world of physics and engineering that I know, make some of the statements on this forum load of ... and nothing much more.

9 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Amen to that. Finally another person who can tell it how it is, I respect this post immensely. I get reticuled and shut down in a blaze of glory by biased and inaccurate theories simply because I tell it how it is and there is no justifiable reaction to my post. Not to mention add that with the memory of a goldfish and you've hit it right on the head.

You are not alone. It's just the haters bore and I no longer have a reason to bother.

Having said that, I don't have a problem with Hamilton slowing down Rosberg. In fact, I hoped Hamilton would have been far, far more aggressive and taken both to the edge of DNF, an outcome no worse for him than any other championship-wise. But he was prevented by doing that by what really is his problem, namely, that he is a hypocrite. His whine-cheat cycles are all on the record. Contrast that with Schumacher, a renown cheater without a gram of political correctness in him. There's a racer. 

43 minutes ago, maure said:

You are not alone. It's just the haters bore and I no longer have a reason to bother.

Having said that, I don't have a problem with Hamilton slowing down Rosberg. In fact, I hoped Hamilton would have been far, far more aggressive and taken both to the edge of DNF, an outcome no worse for him than any other championship-wise. But he was prevented by doing that by what really is his problem, namely, that he is a hypocrite. His whine-cheat cycles are all on the record. Contrast that with Schumacher, a renown cheater without a gram of political correctness in him. There's a racer. 

You made some good points there, Except I don't agree about Schumacher. But hey that's your opinion and I accept that, on Lewis, he is certainly a hypocrite. He fires of before actually thinking about the situation and just ends up looking stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

You made some good points there, Except I don't agree about Schumacher. But hey that's your opinion and I accept that, on Lewis, he is certainly a hypocrite. He fires of before actually thinking about the situation and just ends up looking stupid. 

What's up with Schumacher?

I didn't technical see him as a cheater. Adelaide 94, hill knew Schumacher would've closed the door not to mention he went half of the circuit in an attempt to pass. He can't be expected to leave room for hill and same with Villeneuve, he came from miles back to try that move and IMO is ignorance if he didn't think Schumacher would turn in. He had to at some point, Monaco is probably the only grey area IMO if your referring to cheating but that's and iffy one to but that's just how I saw them incidents. 

Technically not a cheater? That's kind of funny but I get it. In fact, I agree. It is what I was talking about. Schumacher said it best, something like "there are limits and my job is to test them. The marshalss job is to say if it's ok or not, not mine". Of course, he used his "political" muscle to influence decisions but I don't ever remember the guy whining. It was another generation, alright... although Senna (for example) did run his mouth more than just a bit, it must be said.

Ohh of course senna did, but he did because he knew he was the best and so did we and he proved it time and time again but at the same time ballastre and Prost had a thing going on, for example. They disqualified senna from the 89 championship because he went through the chicane yet countless cars at hockenhiem a few months earlier did the same thing without even a penalty like wtf? With Schumacher and Villeneuve at Jerez in 97, fantastic attempt by Villeneuve to come from so far back, but when you do that it was only going to work 2 ways. If Schumacher locked up and didn't make the corner or Schumacher was going to turn in and Villeneuve would've known this so he took a  50/50 shot and luckily it paid of. Then Villeneuve carries on saying Schumacher tried to kill him but yet forgets how dangerously he chopped across him back and fourth at the start of the Japanese Grand Prix that year.  Your right though, Schumacher never whinged or bagged the team or nothing like that, he quietly kept to himself as to almost say "ok watch out next time then". Weather or not people like Schumacher for his antics, you have to look at it as a whole and IMO was one of if not the most complete racing driver I've seen, for the simply fact is he used fundamentals as the basis of his speed and skill. Senna was just fast and had natural ability, he was at his best from the word go as with schumi it built up. You look at Schumacher from say 1995-2000, IMO at that period he was the fastest racing driver the world had ever seen, in all conditions and situations. That's my opinion on the issues and drivers anyway.

On 11/28/2016 at 3:14 PM, Sakae said:

Sounds like anti-Vettel jab

It wasn't, and I still don't really see how the comment could be applied to him in any way. I was just saying that had Rosberg had a junior or rookie teammate, it would have probably been easier to dismiss this title.

2 hours ago, rumblestrip said:

It wasn't, and I still don't really see how the comment could be applied to him in any way. I was just saying that had Rosberg had a junior or rookie teammate, it would have probably been easier to dismiss this title.

Sorry for sounding paranoid, but around here its like holy war sometimes. Regarding worthiness of the title, as far as I am concerned, it is what it is. A man with more points got it, and if Hamilton feels cheated, that's too bad, but at least he gets small taste how I feel for past three season over cost down measures that are at the root of the mess; at least IMO. His putative superiority really was not properly challenged, was it? (This is merely a rhetorical question).

I think it's unfair to look at it this way tbh, especially this year. If they didn't come together in Spain there was potentially 18-25 points there for Rosberg and more points in Monaco and more points if he didn't get penalised so much. He did a brilliant job and was extremely competitive the whole season, hands down deserved it way more than Lewis did. Will Nico win another one? Most likely not and I think he knew that and grasped the opertunity.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

Sorry for sounding paranoid, but around here its like holy war sometimes. Regarding worthiness of the title, as far as I am concerned, it is what it is. A man with more points got it, and if Hamilton feels cheated, that's too bad, but at least he gets small taste how I feel for past three season over cost down measures that are at the root of the mess; at least IMO. His putative superiority really was not properly challenged, was it? (This is merely a rhetorical question).

Is that Nagoya's Sakae? We might be neighbors.

5 hours ago, maure said:

Is that Nagoya's Sakae? We might be neighbors.

Used to be Takaoka/Sakae.

Did you race here? Although I think I know all MX and karts tracks in the area, I get surprised every so often when someone brings up a one I had missed.

4 hours ago, maure said:

Did you race here? Although I think I know all MX and karts tracks in the area, I get surprised every so often when someone brings up a one I had missed.

My racing experience is limited to some very fast German stuff on crowded city streets. Loved Nagoya. Next to Tokyu Hands is a small caffe; when it's convenient say hello for me, please. (Had breakfast there every Saturday, unless I had to be in Tokyo, where I had an office as well). :lol:

23 wins.....30 poles.....20 fastest laps...one World Championship. It is a damn good job, even if he is not going to defend his title.

Probably the most impressive aspect is that he had to fight and try to match Hamilton the entire time. He sort of lost his mojo for part of 2015, but the rest of the years he put up a hell of a fight against arguably the fastest driver in F1 today. Many times he matched Hamilton. Only one other driver has demonstrated that (Alonso). He was always a good driver, drove well in traffic, and was usually measured and smart. A well earned championship. Enjoy your retirement. 

@sakae

Sure thing. These days, though, I only bother with Sakae when I drop by the Blue Note to listen to some Jazz.

@emmeee

I'm old, that's what I am. But I do race karts and bikes when the weather smiles...

@ruslan

Yep.

Do you own your own? If so, what you got? Kart and bike that is.

Renting the karts. Too much trouble ferrying in them from track to track at this point.

Riding a CRF250.

You?

Never owned a bike but I would love to. Used to race a crg leopard 125 water cooler kart, but now I have an r33,r31 skyline and 2001 wrx that I put my money into.