Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Who will replace ROSBERG ?

One year deal for Massa was expected. What is not known whether Bottas is getting two or just one year as well.

"Felipe re-joining us provides stability, experience and talent to help lead us forward – he is a great asset for us."

Why then did you let him go?

Contract details - not revealed. I do suspect it will be more than just a single season. Too much is invested into integration to throw it again all out in December.

I think this is a big mistake. Bottas blows hot and cold and there will certainly not be the points accumulation they have previously enjoyed. Lewis will dominate and Verstappen will be chasing the hell out of him. The cars will be quick but the necessary aero could have a detrimental effect on overtaking. Only RBR have the resource to tackle that I feel. Then again, the new spec could see Merc in all kinds of bother. Never looked forward to Barcelona as much as this.Think the marshals are going to need a lot of dustpans and brushes.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

Indeed.

While happy for Bottas, both Mercedes and Williams are cheating the fans.

59 minutes ago, Insider said:

I think this is a big mistake. Bottas blows hot and cold and there will certainly not be the points accumulation they have previously enjoyed. Lewis will dominate and Verstappen will be chasing the hell out of him. The cars will be quick but the necessary aero could have a detrimental effect on overtaking. Only RBR have the resource to tackle that I feel. Then again, the new spec could see Merc in all kinds of bother. Never looked forward to Barcelona as much as this.Think the marshals are going to need a lot of dustpans and brushes.

I like your posts... so I remember the one when you said that Massa was a no-go on account of certain wife promises and some such.

13 hours ago, Sakae said:

Because at that time, they had Bottas and all of Daddy Stroll's money. There were plenty of other drivers to pick apart from Massa, but he's familiar with the team and thus they don't have to waste time on that. What happens to Rob Smedley now? Massa's gonna need him to tie his shoes!

6 hours ago, Insider said:

Does anyone honestly feel Bottas would have got the seat if Toto had not been his manager? I don't. Toto's done his job at Bottas' manager, but I feel he's let down Merc in his role by not getting the best driver they could, or thinking of the long term plan. This seat needed to be Pascal's. Lewis I think is going to romp away with the title, thus Pascal could have had a nice low pressure environment to get acclimatized to the team.

I too any looking forward to testing, but I think it will be the usual sand bagging ordeal. Merc will claim everyone has caught up and they are working round the clock blah blah. But come the first race, they'll annihilate everyone with their improved pace.

At this point I just want Ferrari to be on the improvement, but I feel as long as Sergio is running that team it won't happen. He brings the wrong type of experience and energy to the team.

I beg to differ regarding test sessions, or as it is mostly known as a borefest full of hugging of a crystal ball, who is sandbagging most.

News awaited - some corners redefined as straits, results of simulation of Alonso's horrifying accident with Hallo attached, and a few more...

8 hours ago, maure said:

Indeed.

While happy for Bottas, both Mercedes and Williams are cheating the fans.

I like your posts... so I remember the one when you said that Massa was a no-go on account of certain wife promises and some such.

Hi Maure. I think a one year contract and a load of cash may have oiled the way for the broken promise.

It would be pretty funny if we learn that switching from the F1 to E-series is actually called retirement.  (It was noted on several placed that Massa has signed a contract for next season already.).

19 hours ago, Sakae said:

It would be great if Clare took the time to explain us why they let Massa go at the end of last year, but since that won't happen I guess that we will have to figure that out by ourselves

18 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

It would be great if Clare took the time to explain us why they let Massa go at the end of last year, but since that won't happen I guess that we will have to figure that out by ourselves

First they let him go, and that at the end is their decision, but please don't then come back with blah blah how indispensable and valuable Massa is a driver. That rubs me really wrong way.

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

First they let him go, and that at the end is their decision, but please don't then come back with blah blah how indispensable and valuable Massa is a driver. That rubs me really wrong way.

yeah you're right, it doesn't look great

7 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Does anyone honestly feel Bottas would have got the seat if Toto had not been his manager? I don't.

What do you think will happen, should Bottas wins a race or more? All he** would break loose probably is not good enough to describe aftermath. That would be my guess.

I think Lewis will mess with Bottas mentally as he did with other team mates specially when he perfected his evilness against Nico.

Bottas might end up shot after couple of years against Lewis.

Wait wait wait, I am I reading this correctly? Since when has Williams said or anywhere anything similar that they let Felipe go? I've heard he was offered another deal for next season but hadn't decided what to do and once he decided to retire, he never signed the contract extension. That's what I've heard but looks like another story is doing the rounds.

I am not so sure that Massa wanted to retire, because he has signed almost at the same time as he left Williams another contract with E-series. How can you then say that this is retirement? Rosberg is also semi-retired, because now he will do PR work for Mercedes.

For me retired from racing = no more of driving (any) fast cars competitively.

Massa was not offered a contract for this year. Thus he "retired" in a way that made it look like it was his decision. It wasn't. He didn't have a seat, and thus Williams pretended to go along with the story that it was Massa's decision to retire when it fact they no longer wanted him. The lack of any other options meant Massa accepted his time had ended and thus all the celebrations.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

I am not so sure that Massa wanted to retire, because he has signed almost at the same time as he left Williams another contract with E-series. How can you then say that this is retirement? Rosberg is also semi-retired, because now he will do PR work for Mercedes.

For me retired from racing = no more of driving (any) fast cars competitively.

Massa wanted to stop the frequent travel and pressure associated with f1. Like why webber left, wants to drive fast race cars still but is over the week in week out formula becomes of your life.

13 hours ago, Insider said:

Hi Maure. I think a one year contract and a load of cash may have oiled the way for the broken promise.

What kind of cash is a load for this guy at this point?

13 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Massa was not offered a contract for this year. Thus he "retired" in a way that made it look like it was his decision. It wasn't. He didn't have a seat, and thus Williams pretended to go along with the story that it was Massa's decision to retire when it fact they no longer wanted him. The lack of any other options meant Massa accepted his time had ended and thus all the celebrations.

This is my understanding as well.

4 hours ago, maure said:

What kind of cash is a load for this guy at this point?

Neighborhood of 4-5 Mil Euros, I heard? Not sure.