Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Ricciardo voted world's best 2016 Driver

Well that doesn't surprise me tbh. If your not a biased viewer then you can clearly see why this happened. You watch everyone say how bogus the ratings are and blah blah blah, interesting it came from an English magazine who are right up Lewis's anus so to speak.

Well considering he topped the list over a vast decipline of motorsports should speak for itself.

I can agree about Dan for this however, the 'Drink outta my shoe' is a bit over the limit for me. At least not for Japanese, sorry. I mean that shoe is just coming from a whole race's foot's sweat  - ewww!  

It comes from an Australian group similar to jackass and the dudesons called the mad hueys. Hey it's catching on, even Valentino Rossi did it on the podium this season.

LOL sorry mate, not for us though. In Japan we are not even supposed to bring our shoes inside the house let alone drink on it after using it on sports? It's a no no. 

The Japanese commentators didn't know what to say about it the first time Dan did it in the podium. The 2nd time he did it, commentators just said that "They hope he won't do it everytime he goes to podium".  ^_^

Yeah it's abit gross isn't? I guess it's a "in the moment" thing.

Yes true, it comes with the emotional moment and that's probably how he convinced Nico to take a shot :P

But to be nominated as the best driver and not in a Merc or Ferrari car proves a lot for Dan. He did very well. :congrats:

It's not that that amazes me, the fact he was voted by his peers over every other aspect of Motorsport that amazes me. Now Vettel can use the excuse he was beaten by the best lol.

Some people never miss an opportunity to take a cheap, and often vile shot at Vettel. That's life on the internet. Whatever makes their motor running. DC being voted by Autosport as best driver is a big yawn for me, especially when in second half of the season he was hardly impressive. 

I did actually follow race by race their ratings this year, and it was nothing but big PR manipulative sham IMO. Alonso for example could just show up on the grid, make a lap or two, park it, and he would received higher rating (usually top three) than people who raced for two hours. On subject of Ferrari those people obviously were of a view, that Ferrari had more in it, than both drivers managed to get out of it. Life is easy sitting an armchair, isn't it? Autosport voted Sebastian among F1 drivers in P9, Kimi in P10, yet Seb was the only one who was overtaken in races least of them all (just once, and only because he was run wide off the track by MV).  

Cmon bro it was a joke, geez you wanna be like that, why haven't you posted in the Ricciardo thread? Truth hurts does it? Your so far Seb a$$ it's not funny, how bout admitting alonso had most overtakes this year of the start. You know why no one passed Vettel? Because he runs them of the circuit Mexico style. Stop being so bloody biased mate.

Alonso's poor qualifying effort on Saturday, and then, come Sunday, sitting in Tier 1 car while fighting with Sauber and alike is hardly impressive in my column. Autosport however seems to have a different agenda comes to rating. Vettel has done it number of times when he when through the field from the back on a starting line, yet I was probably the only one who took a notice of it. Autosport (and many others) are not interested in German nationality drivers, and they have proven that much many times in past 20 years (Atlas earlier doing hatched job on Schumacher, and now they are doing it on Vettel for several years). 

Alonso IMO is living on c#cktails of the past, and I am not as much impressed with him as some of the forumers in here are. Car built for him, making Raikonnen look really bad in process, him talking badly about Raikonnen despite his awareness of his mechanical advantage, cheating in Singapore, and then you have the famous "Alonso si faster...", affair with McLaren, list goes on with him, just as him running Sainz off the road recently, yet media continue being focused on Vettel and not the one who got away. Bottom line for me is, that I do not want to hear about his "craft" anymore. I've heard enough for rest of my life.

Topic was however different, namely, usefulness of publishing popularity contest surveys, and pretending they mean anything. We had never experienced dominance of one car for three years in a row, one Mercedes driver lost his mind and thinks that he is the one who is making it all special, and no amount of diversionary tactics by sympathetic media aimed to create optics that sport is interesting and competitive will not change anything on fact, that racing actually stinks right now. There is no rainbow to follow, even if you pretend that a popular driver is actually better than he in reality is. 

I think that should be enough for one day from my side.

Bah whatever mate, all I see is biased this and biased that, give credit where credit is due. I'd be upset if my favourite driver was a 4x champ and a new boy comes into the team developed around my favourite driver and gets smoked. I see where your coming from there, need to get over it mate and stop making lame and resiculous excuses to justify your bs. I knew you of all people would find those ratings bogus, but hey you would be all praise if Vettel was rated even higher than alonso who was what? 5th on the list? Yawn, tell me something I don't know. Your just as predictable as Vettel and his blue flag rants. Your missing the entire purpose of these ratings, there across the board over the whole category of Motorsport in general, makes dans vote even more worthy don't you think? You either have a very short memory or refuse to recognise that the reason the media are on vettels back is his foul mouth towards the stewards and his hipercritical driving approach. Don't you think he should know better? You carry on about the move verstappen did but forget about Mexico, ohh that's right, that was allowed and was still within the "ethics" of the sport same as his foul language. Your unbelievable, the biased support is just rediculous, supporting a driver is one thing but this is over the top. He could be a serial rapist and you could come up with a excuse as to why he does it. I don't expect a reply to this because that has become a trend with you of late, you refuse to answer because you don't have anything for it and I've hit it on the head every time. Cmon Iam not afraid to tell it how it is, Iam used to people assuming my intentions all the time on here now, it's the only answer you guys have because I tell it how it is so you then start with the personal accusations because that's all you got to reply with. Correct once again arnt I?

Don't blame me, you couldn't help yourself but to shoot Ricciardo down. So I made relevance to the bs you were talking about. Correct me if Iam wrong but it was you who mentioned Vettel and alonso on a serious matter, I was only joking with my initial comment about Vettel to see if I would get you to bite and you took it hook line and sinker. Then it got out of hand due to your biased ways which isn't unusual. See you can't even reply to the post above, you choose to ignore it as you got NOTHING, you only reply to defend yourself and fire of more wild accusations and try to convince others Iam the one who started this bs in the first place. Told you before and I'll tell you again, it all comes down to your one sided biased approach, tell it how it is, that's all I ask. Don't mask it in some charade, be honest and truthful about the situation, I know it might hurt but it's the right thing to do, get of your high horse and play level field mate.

On 12/20/2016 at 9:34 AM, Emmcee said:

It's not that that amazes me, the fact he was voted by his peers over every other aspect of Motorsport that amazes me. Now Vettel can use the excuse he was beaten by the best lol.

To clarify and correct inaccuracy in your last post, above is your earlier post, and that is an insertion point when Vettel was dragged into this. I have then responded very first time in this thread. Then you dragged Alonso into this as well. Your memory seems very selective on facts.

Wtf? That's was a joke you clown, and you sure I brought alonso into this first? lol just whatever man, seems you can't read either as what you highlighted is just above the post where you brought alonso in. But anyway memory isn't your strongpoint.