Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

Mate the regs have shaken up the sport, it's all down to who interpreted them the best and what loopholes they have found. Ferrari look better but still to early to tell.

It's too early to tell what? How they develop the package they have? Yeah, that applies for all of them, however baseline is here in numbers already. Now we still have to wait for qualifications runs. That is outstanding, so much I would agree.

Has Ferrari imposed another gag order, or media are simply ignoring the team? I find interviews just about with anyone, but Ferrari drivers (or anyone else from Maranello for that matter). Very quiet, which on one hand is not a bad thing, but some guys like me are hungry after winter.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

It's too early to tell what? How they develop the package they have? Yeah, that applies for all of them, however baseline is here in numbers already. Now we still have to wait for qualifications runs. That is outstanding, so much I would agree.

Umm wtf? Haven't I been saying this?

16 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Umm wtf? Haven't I been saying this?

You are consistently refusing to accept existence of the baseline as meaningful yardstick where a team is with performance measurements. That's how I read your posts.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

You are consistently refusing to accept existence of the baseline as meaningful yardstick where a team is with performance measurements. That's how I read your posts.

Absolutely this year even more so than before due to the regs. Ok Ferrari, Mercedes,Redbull, Williams, some of these teams will be at the front but to say who is where and to even speculate is just insane.

4 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Absolutely this year even more so than before due to the regs. Ok Ferrari, Mercedes,Redbull, Williams, some of these teams will be at the front but to say who is where and to even speculate is just insane.

I agree with that, but as far as I can tell, no one on this forum claimed that he (or she) has established a pecking order. I am not sure at all how did you get that idea.

Due to mechanical issue at the brake, looks like Ferrari will have to truncate their program as well. Hopefully this is not a big damper, because they have a lot of data already. I am just hoping there is no big damage to the car which would require new vehicle for tomorrow (should chassis be damaged as well). 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

I agree with that, but as far as I can tell, no one on this forum claimed that he (or she) has established a pecking order. I am not sure at all how did you get that idea.

Go back and read the posts mate, even saying people can see the foundations of a fast car is just bs, if it was 12 months ago then it could be possible to see the foundations of a fast car but certainly not with the shakeup we have had,even track side pundits,teams and drivers have no idea. Hamilton thinks Ferrari is the quickest, alonso thinks Redbull, both Ferrari and Mercedes were apparently concerned over Mclaren and the ground they made over winter. See, no one has a bloody clue.

38 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Go back and read the posts mate, even saying people can see the foundations of a fast car is just bs, if it was 12 months ago then it could be possible to see the foundations of a fast car but certainly not with the shakeup we have had,even track side pundits,teams and drivers have no idea. Hamilton thinks Ferrari is the quickest, alonso thinks Redbull, both Ferrari and Mercedes were apparently concerned over Mclaren and the ground they made over winter. See, no one has a bloody clue.

Alonso has'nt had one good thing to say about Ferrari since he was fired from them

Must be a different alonso because the one at Mclaren left Ferrari according to the hundreds of articles on the net, Martin brundle and ted kravitz said the same, sure your not thinking of soccer?

Lost rear

https://www.periscop...RlmaGw?t=18m23s

The impact damaged the front and the left side of the Ferrari SF70H

Possibly abnormal condition (structural failure, assembly error or some other issue) on rear aero initiated loss of downforce.

AMuS:

The Ferrari was damaged on the left front suspension, the front wing and the nose.

Something broke, driver lost rear, and could not save the car from impact. Est. speed when it happened was about 240 [km/hr].

So it sounds like we might actually see cars spinning of the circuit like the good old days.

XPB_862184_HiRes.jpg

This is one happy guy, but him and Hamilton do drive me crazy. You are ahead - no, you are ahead, no you are, no,.... please stop it, and just bl***y drive the darn thing. RBR has their own little plans, I gather.

As Vettel is an "authentic" racer, I think he's just happy to drive a fun formula one car for a change. Recent years regulations seems to have zapped some enjoyment from driving until now. And that's how most drivers feel I think.

Funny.

Vettel sets fastest time of the testing, logs 592 laps, being accused of sandbagging, and once he gets out of the car says-it is clear, Mercedes is fastest. He surely he must have some information which is locked to us, outsiders. Some calculation where Mercedes is in Ferrari's estimate, a benchmark he tried to reach, and it did not pan out. That must be behind his pessimism, which would be otherwise hard to explain.

Playing dumb mate, told ya everyone still has a trick or two up there sleeve. Can you imagine though if we do have a few competitive teams at the front? You'll have Seb who will be keen as mustard to be able to fight for wins again, you have kimi, then both Redbull drivers hungry for better results, Mercedes where two new team mates want to pummel each other. On paper, we have the recipe for a cracking season, let's hope we get one.

Ferrari looks great. It might just make the season worth watching... at least the first couple of races.

Nice.

Meanwhile:

Seb: Mercedes is ahead

Kimi: I could go even faster.

Hamilton: I haven't found my sweet spot yet.

Bottas: we do not have test, our engineers know how that would end up

Lauda: Bottas is 0.2 sec per lap slower than Hamilton

Ricciardo: I had a wrong setup.

Alonso: well, we all know what he said

I am probably the only one who believes it might not be as bad as media generating headlines about McLaren saga. Unless there is fundamental construction issue with the new PU, teething issues will go away. It's Honda after all. I am all German cars guy, but I have respect for those guys in Japan. They wan't go to sleep until this gets fixed.

Ahem!! What have I been saying about Mclaren for how long now?