Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

8 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Is it only my imagination, or there is rift between Vettel and Scuderia management? Body language, photo shoots, content and tone of various interviews are leaving me with feeling that not all is well with Seb and Arrivabene (possibly SM as well). German sources for example are suggesting that Arrivabene was not happy with P2 and his whole true being was vibrating with disappointment (maybe anger). This started last year I think.

Most Possibly. He does'nt look happy of late I agree

23 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Most Possibly. He does'nt look happy of late I agree

Seb's demeanor seems to me well masked, but for some reason I think Kimi has a better relationship with the team and brass than Seb does.  

As soon as Vettel concluded his ultimate qualifying run, Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene left the pit walk with a body language that appeared to express disappointment with Vettel's performance.

Held him up, more like on with the excuses already. No brad you missed my point to, quick to point the finger arnt we? But have every excuse when it's defending yourselves, un ffnn believable. Doesn't matter how many more races alonso has done to vandoorne, that wasn't in the argument, the argument was that stoffel would walk all over alonso because in that one race last year he was right with button. So does this prove the gap between alonso and button as well? 

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Seb's demeanor seems to me well masked, but for some reason I think Kimi has a better relationship with the team and brass than Seb does.  

Maybe Ferrari being a "teams" team don't like the fact Vettel will make decisions for himself when the time comes as history has shown. Why can't you be this thorough in your disciption on other drivers except Vettel?

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

Im sure Ferrari bosses will be happy with Seb now :ferrari:

Not sure of that. Based on their article, Kimi is in the centre of attention, while Seb receives honest - statistically dry - mention as well. Could be cultural how we read those things, but for my taste it is a notch apart from being simply just modest.

http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/australian-grand-prix-vettel-and-scuderia-ferrari-on-top-in-australia/

Ferrari is good, i think Mercedes still has the edge, this new formula is too fast for Kimi as i said before.

I honestly think we will have redbull Ferrari and Mercedes all fighting each other at some point.

Although Melbourne is always strange race to make predictions. Last year Vettel almost won, this year he made it. China and Bahrain will tell more.

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

Although Melbourne is always strange race to make predictions. Last year Vettel almost won, this year he made it. China and Bahrain will tell more.

Yeah absolutely and with verstappens pace at certain parts of the race seems to me that redbull arnt far behind at all and we could have all three teams battling it out.

11 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Yeah absolutely and with verstappens pace at certain parts of the race seems to me that redbull arnt far behind at all and we could have all three teams battling it out.

That would be nice. Lewis said that he didn't push behind vettel cause there easn't any chance to overtake.

So, i still believe merc has advantage.

No way, not when Lewis had fresher tyres than verstappen, the tow and the Drs plus the horse power advantage Mercedes has over Renault, on paper he should've breezed by but I didn't happen.

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

That would be nice. Lewis said that he didn't push behind vettel cause there easn't any chance to overtake.

So, i still believe merc has advantage.

It stands to a reason that Vettel, once in the front, i) knew there will be no more stopping, ii) knew it was difficult to overtake, and iii) therefore controlled the gap, and could defend easily if necessary against MB which had difficulties to stay in close proximity.

Hard to say after one race that MB had a lot of more in reserves, whereas Ferrari was on the brink.

17 minutes ago, Sakae said:

It stands to a reason that Vettel, once in the front, i) knew there will be no more stopping, ii) knew it was difficult to overtake, and iii) therefore control the gap, and could defend easily if necessary against MB which had difficulties to stay in close proximity.

Hard to say after one race that MB had a lot of more in reserves, whereas Ferrari was on the brink.

Maybe not lot more, but 2-3 tenths probably.

Ferrari and MB seems to reach convergence in performance, which could make next race worth watching (copying maure' mood). RB up to now seems to be all over the place since Barcelona' D1. Not sure what's going on, but that mantra of a design engineer will pull a rabbit out of hat in dying minute is yet to happen. It was missing in Barcelona, and it was still missing in Oz.

The gaps among cars are huge, and they could be bigger as season progresses.

Iam still not convinced who is still where yet until we have atleast a couple of different variety of circuits. Like China and Bahrain, both different circuits than Melbourne and if Ferrari are still quicker there THEN some sort of ruling can be set IMO.

3 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I honestly think we will have redbull Ferrari and Mercedes all fighting each other at some point.

and each of them following a different technical approach: Mercedes with a very long wheel base and a super stable car, RBR with a rather shorter wheel base and a very lively car, especially at the rear, Ferrari somewhere in between with a relatively stable yet agile car, it looks like an interesting beginning

Disregarding related rhetoric by both teams, it could be that FiA' "clarification" regarding chassis complicated RBR' and MB' lives for a while.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

Pecking order to emerge will need a few races, so much is not disputed.

So you finally agree with me Sakae? That all this arguing and you saying you could see who was fastest and blah blah blah, now adopt my approach. Safer to do it that way isn't it? So you don't fly of at the mouth to early and look like an idiot.

6 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

and each of them following a different technical approach: Mercedes with a very long wheel base and a super stable car, RBR with a rather shorter wheel base and a very lively car, especially at the rear, Ferrari somewhere in between with a relatively stable yet agile car, it looks like an interesting beginning

Yeah absolutely and your right, we have 3 totally different behaving cars at the front, redbull looks quick and nimble and will do well at circuits with tight turns and maybe even high speed ones to.

We have three teams in front and the rest behind. But the rest are so behind that i don' t remember last time difference was so big in f1 history. Two or three seconds are huge huge amount.