Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

We did have teams who failed to qualify in the past which means they were further back than the 107% ruling. So there has been bigger gaps than 7 seconds. I've seen 12 before from pole to the last car who failed to qualify.

I think it was DC, who said during a broadcast, that Ferrari is one development (I am assuming he meant aero) away from being on the par with MB. My thoughts exactly, but despite some small deficiencies, it is pretty good and exciting as cars can follow each other again so close. I love it.

Ffs is he even have issues with his form? Seems bloody quick to me still, just has had a few set backs to put him behind Vettel who has been trouble free so far. What more can be done? He's up the front, he's fast, this has to be a bogus story. IMO Ferrari is tied with redbull in terms of the most competitive driver lineup on the grid, how can you do any better than that?

If Ferrari just changed Kimi's tires ON TIME then he would have made 3rd. It's the team's c#ckup IMO. :furious: Ferrari bosses are not reasonable sometimes.  :angry:

If they think they can replace Kimi with Gionnaavvanazzi then they are sorely mistaken ! :nono1:

Fair or not, Kimi seems to catch a few headlines. Notable, he has committed one of cardinal mistakes - critiqued his own team. What he got in response, when you talk on the radio, you drive less. I am not sure where this is all going, but neither Kimi or his team are happy today.

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/224639/ferrari-criticises-kimi-raikkonen-after-china

Expert - self proclaimed or real - Brundle declared, that there will not be any fight between Hamilton and Vettel, because simply put Mercedes is holding back, and can pull away from Ferrari on demand.

I am not sure what to think of it, after hearing it. 

Iam not entirely sure Mercedes gap is that big even if it exsists at all. That's two races now where Vettel was catching Hamilton on pure pace through out the race. Now if you could pull away from your rivals at will, wouldn't you do it? Nothing ever is for certain on earth, especially in f1 and especially with such a grey area surrounding the new regs. I know if I was a team owner and I could win every race, that's what I would be doing. Common sense proves hat was a bogus statement from brundle.

Exactly, they were struggling to stay ahead of Ferrari and knew if Seb got ahead, it was basically game over and it was.

Wolff was arrantly displeased over realization that Hamilton got stuck in traffic, more specifically Verstappen. Arrivabene had probably slightly more of reasons to do the same in China. But then it could have been SM doing pounding, and use Arr's head, since there was no desk around to pound on.

“I have the impression that Ferrari is faster in the heat and we are faster in the cold,” said Lauda...

If that is a fact, than Bahrain race could be fun (for me).

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

If that is a fact, than Bahrain race could be fun (for me).

it's going to be a night race so I'0m not sure that the track will be very hot, still I look forward to the race

Besides before the season began there were plenty of articles on how Ferrari got their 2017 car wrong, it's odd that no one admitted that they had it so wrong

"Experts", real or self-proclaimed in their discriminatory attitude badly underestimated, if not totally ignored one Mattia Binotto, who, as far as I am concerned provided more benefits for the team than Allison has. Based on relatively short time he was in charge (since summer 2016), he has produced pretty good results so far. He is probably a better fit into red team than an English speaking person.

Bahrain evening temp could be around 30 deg C.

Mercedes is better in the cold? Ha iam going on a limb and saying I think Ferrari could actually be quicker than the Mercedes. Remember, we saw verstappen and Vettel moving through the field in China and apparently it's harder to pass this year according to Mercedes.

Dr. Marko thinks if it comes to straight fight between Hamilton and Vettel, based on his experience with Sebastian, his money is on Vettel. He also figured out that Hamilton was saved in China by a SC.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Dr. Marko thinks if it comes to straight fight between Hamilton and Vettel, based on his experience with Sebastian, his money is on Vettel. He also figured out that Hamilton was saved in China by a SC.

I think Vettel will have him to for the simple reason he would be that more hungry for it.