Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

DA1ehXBXUAQ8OSV.jpg

Williams, McLaren... old glory seems evaporated. How much longer Palmer will be tolerated in that seat?

Monaco; Congratulation guys, and thanks to Maranello bunch. You did it! Delighted.

Kimi couldn't hide his disappointment, and I think I understand his feelings, but Seb on streets of Monaco or Singapore is a beast. He was a faster driver today. No tricks involved.

Vettel demonstrated his speed in FP3, and some people forgot about it. Before Kimi pitted, he was holding Vettel back, so much was obvious. Once he got out of the way, Vettel was on his way and confirmed that FP3 was not a fluke and just one off. Vettel was running Q3 at the limit, went over it, and that's how he ended up in P2. It was due to his personal error, but not because he was slow. In race conditions he came back in full force. Ferrari confirmed in their after race summary, that Seb had 12 sec lead over Kimi just before Button hit Sauber, and SC whipped gap off between cars in P1 and P2.

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

Vettel demonstrated his speed in FP3, and some people forgot about it. Before Kimi pitted, he was holding Vettel back, so much was obvious. Once he got out of the way, Vettel was on his way and confirmed that FP3 was not a fluke and just one off. Vettel was running Q3 at the limit, went over it, and that's how he ended up in P2. It was due to his personal error, but not because he was slow. In race conditions he came back in full force. Ferrari confirmed in their after race summary, that Seb had 12 sec lead over Kimi just before Button hit Sauber, and SC whipped gap off between cars in P1 and P2.

Merc was no match against Ferrari this time. 

Lauda also believes that if Vettel doesn't have any mechanical issues throughout the season, the championship is already over: "On Monday I was still angry, but now we have to find the right tyre window. Another thing is clear: Vettel must have a failure, otherwise it is over. Ferrari are in a real flow and if this continues, the gap is enormous," he said.

Only lack of reliability on the car #5 can save us?

Hamilton must be "happy" to hear his boss prognosticate. Take it easy. There are still a few races ahead on the calendar, and the balance between those two teams is too narrow and unstable. As Seb said, lets worry about this in October, but now concentrate on the car and sustained development.

Fernando Alonso says the only top team with closed doors for 2018 is Red Bull.

Really? Is he going to replace Vettel, and hope that Ferrari will build one car for him, and second one for Räikkönen? Maybe he actually doesn't care what happens to Räikkönen or Vettel (as in "good times" of the past)? Why he thinks Ferrari is all keen to get him back is shrouded in mystery, and when one separates wheat from chaff, I think he his choices for a seat are not that great.

Ferrari - only in his dreams

Mercedes - we are happy with what we have

Renault, Haas - we are not ready for a big star (Perez, maybe)

RB, TR - nope

FI, Sauber,  - we take you bud

Toto Wolff intimated that the reason why Ferrari's SF70H is able to better exploit  its tyres compared to Mercedes' W08 is an "Italian mystery". (Joking, of course).

Pirelli CEO Marco Tronchetti Provera isn't happy with Toto Wolff's mischievous suggestion that Ferrari is being favoured by the Italian tyre manufacturer.

I wonder if Toto even for a minute considered possibility, that without rulebook protection, his drivers are in reality something else but not that what he initially thought? In the past when Ferrari (and drivers) had issues with tires, drivers were chastised as "overrated", unworthy of any titles, yet now when tables are turned, all over sudden there is "Italian conspiracy" which is defeating his darlings? I say, focus, maybe what's needed for them is to have a best car (again), and then they can talk how "superior" his drivers are. That's how world turns.

It's not first time Verstappen screwed Vettel's race, here today damaging his front wing while cutting across in T1. The boy is out of control in his zeal, and no one says anything to him? This will come up in November, should Vettel fall short a point or two. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

It's not first time Verstappen screwed Vettel's race, here today damaging his front wing while cutting across in T1. The boy is out of control in his zeal, and no one says anything to him? This will come up in November, should Vettel fall short a point or two. 

I thought it very reckless

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

At least he got the Karma :P

Well, Hamilton's fans are drooling how brilliant their boy is, however placed in proper context, Vettel's comeback was probably more impressive. A few laps more, and who knows, but fight for podium was realistic, and DR could do nothing about it. Next race could be another Monaco.

gp247

HAMILTON: WE DELIVERED A GREAT BLOW TO FERRARI

This man is not easy likable, is he? Can't say he is humble, and I may need to consequently retract my praising words how he grew up after winter of his cold defeat dealt by Rosberg in championship of two cars. Salt and vinegar, ...

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Well, Hamilton's fans are drooling how brilliant their boy is, however placed in proper context, Vettel's comeback was probably more impressive. A few laps more, and who knows, but fight for podium was realistic, and DR could do nothing about it. Next race could be another Monaco.

Hamilton fans should thank Max the reckless 

54 minutes ago, Sakae said:

gp247

This man is not easy likable, is he? Can't say he is humble, and I may need to consequently retract my praising words how he grew up after winter of his cold defeat dealt by Rosberg in championship of two cars. Salt and vinegar, ...

He's a complete arrogant pvnk when winning and a complete crybaby when using. We'll see the later in Azerbaijan :grouplaugh: 

It is coming only now to light, how badly Vettle's car was damaged in early laps of Canadian race. If one adds SC factor as a contributor to Ferrari's unfortunate strategy mess, and then add over 30 sec long pitstop for remedial work, Vettel was really driving well in effort to minimize points loss. MB had fastest car, there is no doubt about. I am however little bit confused over race outcome being presented in media as it was all Hamilton. Totally ignored was fact, that Vettel's car was out of balance and some essential body work was missing from early race stages for race duration, yet in recovery drive he almost reached podium. It would have been interesting race had Mr. Verstappen mind his business better. Vettel did not accused him (publicly), but I do. Somewhat reminiscent of a race in 2012 for Seb.

20 hours ago, Sakae said:

It is coming only now to light, how badly Vettle's car was damaged in early laps of Canadian race. If one adds SC factor as a contributor to Ferrari's unfortunate strategy mess, and then add over 30 sec long pitstop for remedial work, Vettel was really driving well in effort to minimize points loss. MB had fastest car, there is no doubt about. I am however little bit confused over race outcome being presented in media as it was all Hamilton. Totally ignored was fact, that Vettel's car was out of balance and some essential body work was missing from early race stages for race duration, yet in recovery drive he almost reached podium. It would have been interesting race had Mr. Verstappen mind his business better. Vettel did not accused him (publicly), but I do. Somewhat reminiscent of a race in 2012 for Seb.

That is why I think Hamilton should buy MAx a beer:cheers:

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

That is why I think Hamilton should buy MAx a beer:cheers:

Based on post-race several articles I am rather suspicious that Hamilton thought the Canadian race was fair and on the level victory. Rather grandiose view of one's own talents, I say. Apparently superior MB equipment has nothing to do with track stats, so it seems.

This one however finished me off - Bottas thinks that Mercedes (in performance) is inching towards Ferrari.

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

Based on post-race several articles I am rather suspicious that Hamilton thought the Canadian race was fair and on the level victory. Rather grandiose view of one's own talents, I say. Apparently superior MB equipment has nothing to do with track stats, so it seems.

This one however finished me off - Bottas thinks that Mercedes (in performance) is inching towards Ferrari.

Yeah.

I feel that Ferrari is a little ahead on race pace. On qualy, pretty much even.

40 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Yeah.

I feel that Ferrari is a little ahead on race pace. On qualy, pretty much even.

Nah, that just Vettel driving well, and creates impression that his machine is better than MB. Seb is of course not giving in 150% as one other driver likes to appraise his own performance, but Vettel being Vettel, most of time he is usually on, or very close to the limit red car can take. Ferrari needs big special button for Saturdays. That would be of big help to them.

yes and that's what I meant. Vettel being able to squeeze the car up to it's limit means the Ferrari car's limit is up there.

Old stories resurfaced after the last Canadian race. A lot of negatives in media about Perez's disruptive, uncooperative behavior and difficult personality. I am not sure that kind of noise promotes his chances to replace Kimi, but should I stand in his shoes, I would not count on it. He is not aligned with Ferrari's rhetoric how they want to run team.

Today (Saturday) marks exactly 10 years since Sebastian Vettel made his Formula 1 debut at the United States Grand Prix.

Pretty good stuff you made of it, Seb.