Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

1 minute ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

I know nothing, all I know is that it's 37 degrees here and that tonight I have to take my wife to her parents for the week end :no:

:lol:

Horner would be stunned to see Vettel move to Mercedes

Interesting inside about Seb, why he has left RBR, and potentially where his future will lead him.

"He has zero filter between what he thinks and what he says sometimes or what he does and that’s the great side of him, but sometimes it gets him in hot water as well."

"He comes across as spoiled but I think you’ve got to put yourself in his scenario and his shoes. He’s lifted Ferrari from where it was to where it is now, he’s been a big driver in that

This is why he is "my guy" on the track. It has zero to do with some religious reverence, and all to do with - he is pretty good driver and nice and pleasant person, despite occasional steam which flows out from his ears.

Let HIM (Seb) PROVE himself;
Oh wait he IS IN a Ferrari,
How CAN he PROVE himself NOW,
as a RACER ?? !!!
Just sayin

6 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

as a RACER ?? !!!
Just sayin

First it was the RBR oh wait Newey car. Now its becoz he's in a Ferrari. Wake up ppl!

12 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

as a RACER ?? !!!
Just sayin

Vettel is not a project in progress. He is who he is, take it, or leave it. Don't worry about it. Try instead to divert your attention to Hamilton, who came second last year in the best car fielded that year (Kanaan), and in recent days getting his haircut from his teammate, while Vettel is leading both of them on a score board in lesser Ferrari.

Re:...The Ferrari is the best car overall
>Maybe, for now

McLaren Honda IS the most improved car overall.
Sponsors are foolish to not get on board
The amount of exposure that will be generated by the Mclaren Honda project,
is missed opportunity

Brutal.

Ferrari must ‘start from scratch’ – Italian media

Here is an idea.

MARCHIONNE: I EXPECT AN IMMEDIATE REACTION

Lauda thought that it was a (flawed) tire strategy which did them in. This could be true, but I suspect that Mercedes has been a stronger car on most circuits we raced this year, as Seb asserted a few times.

On technical side, in speculative terms, there could be probably two major, quietly implemented most recent changes. Was some oil in fuel a reason why Sassi suddenly left the team? Everyone has tight lips about it. Weird coincidence about his departure in mid season. Then allegedly stiffening changes on the floor could be the second factor why Ferrari's prospects suddenly lost some shine. Question is now whether this was a one bad race, or beginning one of many.

Why isn`t Kim I delivering? Is he eating too much ice-cream  ??
He CERTAINLY looks, more "chubbier" at Ferrari now, than in his Mclaren Mercedes days

26 July 2017,  12:35

On subject of overtaking - big question of the weekend - should qualifications failed to place red car(s) on the front row, is it necessary to watch race (procession) on Sunday? It was never clear to me why this track is still on the calendar, despite that some drivers like it. Ocon - for example - went so far and declaring Hungaroring his favorite; go and figure people's taste. Ferrari needs to produce miracle, if they find a druid in Maranello.

28 July 2017,  9:16

Vettel was placed under a lot of psychological pressure directed towards him during a press session. Media have perhaps an agenda to grind? I'm not sure that it bothered Seb one iota, yet I still find these "media shows" not well managed or executed.

Press conference.

28 July 2017,  19:17

Hungary - if Friday tells us anything, it is that it could be messy Saturday, and potential qualifications results aren't that obvious. Slippery tarmack, bad timing for release for the hot lap, too man crazy incidents, too many yellows and red flags, etc. Many things can go wrong, and it appears several teams are very close on timing charts. Hard to know what to expect tomorrow.  Seb thinks that six cars have chance to qualify well. Tire temperatures and car balance on demand will be at premium.

29 July 2017,  15:03

Qualifications - Ferrari on top. I can breath again. (Probably I am not alone).

Seb set a new track record in FP3. Must feel well aligned with his red pony.

Sebastian Vettel ended the final practice in Budapest on top, obliterating the lap record set by Rubens Barrichello in 2004. The German set a lap time of 1:17.017 

29 July 2017,  15:50

Wolff:

"It started really bad. P3 was not good," Wolff said. "Lewis couldn't get on with the car at all and Valtteri a little bit better, but not great. Through qualifying we improved and we would have been in the fight for pole position, but the mistake in the second last lap compromised Lewis' last run.

That's interesting, and it puts dumper on all those claims that Vettel is the only one who needs a perfect car to make splash on a score board.

I know the points aren`t handed out until Sunday but,
it indicates to me that,       
Alonso WILL be staying with Mclaren and the Honda project

There is NOTHING Honda are able to do THIS season, other than learn

30 July 2017,  8:13

First lap might be proven crucial winning or loosing the race for Ferrari. Bottas must not be able to overtake anyone on start, and both red cars must be wide on first straight, blocking whoever is behind. From there just building the gap should go on. Could be two stopper race, but I fear Ferrari is not too strong on strategy this year. It is going to be nail-biter. 

30 July 2017,  19:38

Ferrari welcomes (badly needed and deserved) summer break with a smile. Today it was what I would consider first race this year, when team orders might have been issued. Vettel reportedly suffered intermittent malfunctioning steering mechanism (likely of mechanical nature). Kimi is probably not too happy, but he was a game. Kudos to him, altho it must be heart breaking. One more point would have him overtaking RB and moving up to P4 in championship standing. On the other hand, catching Seb with 86 point apart of him, and leading field is probably unrealistic in mid season. Good game by them all. :congrats:

It has been said, if a team has a good car in Hungary, it should be good almost everywhere. I am glad to hear it, and can't wait how this assertion will convert into results on a score board.

13 hours ago, Sakae said:

30 July 2017,  19:38

Ferrari welcomes (badly needed and deserved) summer break with a smile. Today it was what I would consider first race this year, when team orders might have been issued. Vettel reportedly suffered intermittent malfunctioning steering mechanism (likely of mechanical nature). Kimi is probably not too happy, but he was a game. Kudos to him, altho it must be heart breaking. One more point would have him overtaking RB and moving up to P4 in championship standing. On the other hand, catching Seb with 86 point apart of him, and leading field is probably unrealistic in mid season. Good game by them all. :congrats:

It has been said, if a team has a good car in Hungary, it should be good almost everywhere. I am glad to hear it, and can't wait how this assertion will convert into results on a score board.

Binotto seems to think that Merc has'nt really pulled ahead in the development-race during an interview with Sky, which I found quite strange. i thought it was clear-cut they had. Maybe Ferrari has just found something at Hungary, and with the test later this week will be able to test and confirm it.