Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

31 July 2017,  9:23

There is few opinions about who is ahead in car development. Sebastian thinks his is a car which can be competitive on every track, MB said its success is merely track specific. We will see who is right. There is convergence of performance among three teams (Renault lagging slightly behind), and a crumb of bad luck on a hot lap can set a driver back very quickly. It is not wise IMO to rush into far reaching conclusions.

What I do not like is tendency of some people to constantly search for put-downs, especially when a subject is Italian team. For example Vettel set a new track record, yet instead celebrating, someone from media pointed out that Seb made mistake on his hot lap. Its always Vettel and his "mistakes". Yesterday Ferrari had every reason to be happy, yet Brundle goes out tweeting to Alonso how he is better than any of the drivers on the podium. I have no idea what's wrong with some sick people. It is really poisonous atmosphere, and time has come when a drivers like Vettel and Kimi should receive some recognition. It is not all about the car only. People want to see drivers in the same team (beats me why), yet they can see how drivers are performing in cars of similar performance right now, if they pay sufficient attention.

2 August 2017,  10:06

IF TRUE then MESS

and

most likely difficult times are waiting for fans.

Team's internal politics.

Ferrari is reportedly in turmoil. Well, maybe, and if they aren't, media would cause or made one, and I am really hoping its just that. Linked article alleging power struggle between Binotto and Arrivabene, whose job Binotto wants, having deposed of Sassi already not too long ago.

This is coming in time, when I thought that Ferrari settled down.

2 August 2017,  13:30

"News" are spreading...

MID-SEASON RECAP: FERRARI REMARKABLE TURNAROUND

Sebastian Vettel - Having endured a disappointing 2016, 2017 has been nothing short of brilliant for the driver’s championship leader. Despite having a car that isn’t quite as fast as the Mercedes, Vettel has often managed to drive a wedge between their drivers – if not out-place them both – in both qualy and races, extracting the maximum from the SF70H on almost every occasion. Whether he can hold onto his championship lead remains to be seen – and certainly the development race will play its part in that – but no one can deny his individual brilliance

18 August 2017,  9:13

I cannot avoid feeling that racing conditions in this season, from competitive perspective, are one of the very best in many years past, and exceedingly more entertaining than anything two drivers in one team can deliver. Fans of the teams just as fans of drivers are getting their money worth. (I know that I am). IMHO it will be also most likely very first championship in which Hamilton has to work for his potential WDC. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

MID-SEASON RECAP: FERRARI REMARKABLE TURNAROUND

18 August 2017,  9:13

I cannot avoid feeling that racing conditions in this season, from competitive perspective, are one of the very best in many years past, and exceedingly more entertaining than anything two drivers in one team can deliver. Fans of the teams just as fans of drivers are getting their money worth. (I know that I am). IMHO it will be also most likely very first championship in which Hamilton has to work for his potential WDC. 

Fully agree, a championship based on equal competitiveness. But just watch the comments if Vettel wins it, it will be the car again

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Fully agree, a championship based on equal competitiveness. But just watch the comments if Vettel wins it, it will be the car again

18 August 2017,  12:39

Claims of similar value are accompanying him his whole racing career, thus I do not expect anything different this time around.  I think you do know that much as well. B)

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

18 August 2017,  12:39

Claims of similar value are accompanying him his whole racing career, thus I do not expect anything different this time around.  I think you do know that much as well. B)

Is your date and time automatically set with your post?

20 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Is your date and time automatically set with your post?

18 August 2017,  15:50

They aren't. I use TextExpander to time-stamp my notes. D/T format and updates are however automated. 

On 18/08/2017 at 9:56 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

That's because it is the car. 

2 September 2017   12:12 (CEST)  -  GM257

Marchionne on Vettel:

There was talk that a stalemate occurred when Vettel and Ferrari could not find common ground regarding the length of the new deal with the driver seeking only a year extension, but Marchionne said, “If he did ask for a year, I’m unaware of it. The only thing we ever talked to him about was a two or three-year deal. I think he’s happy here.”

Asked if part of Vettel’s deal means he get’s special treatment from the team, the Ferrari boss said, “No. We compensate him as well for what he does. I have always complimented him on his ability to strike a good economic bargain. But it’s true for most drivers of his calibre. I’m envious!”

marchionne-vettel-has-matured-a-lot-over-the-last-year

When are Ferrari going to wise up?

Vettel The Rodent isn't going to win them a Championship. He's had the best car this year and is still 28 points off the Championship lead. It's all his fault as well. 

2 October 2017   17:23 (CEST)

Meanwhile Motorsport Total are reporting that Maurizio Arrivabene’s days as team chief are numbered, as Marchionne’s patience is running thin amid a slew of errors that have compromised the Italian team which started the season in fine form but their challenge has withered since the summer break.

Again? I wonder how long it will take before Serg runs into no takers for that job. On the other hand, they have young engineering staff, but Maurizio would be responsible then for leading risk mitigation by having responsible staff upgrading FMEA and QC procedures before accepting purchased components.

Boss is MAH and he is not going to take it anymore!

Get Max and Perez in the car and all will be solved. 

The Ferrari drivers have let the team down this year. They should have won both championships. 

23 hours ago, Sakae said:

2 October 2017   17:23 (CEST)

Again? I wonder how long it will take before Serg runs into no takers for that job. On the other hand, they have young engineering staff, but Maurizio would be responsible then for leading risk mitigation by having responsible staff upgrading FMEA and QC procedures before accepting purchased components.

Boss is MAH and he is not going to take it anymore!

Heehah!!!

Good news

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/618900/Vettels_gearbox_given_allclear_for_Japanese_GP/

10 hours ago, VicVenom said:

I hope that gearbox fails on lap 1 of the race. 

Yes, so you can blame it on the driver to use as your excuse of not being a top driver. Real peanutgallery stuff

14 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes, so you can blame it on the driver to use as your excuse of not being a top driver. Real peanutgallery stuff

:lol:

No, because I dislike Vettel and wish him misfortune. Vettel's performances and behaviour this year already speak for themselves. He's likely already thrown away the championship. 

7 October 2017   9:32 (CEST)

Ferrari has not managed to match development race with MB to support their drivers on Saturday. MB is definitely still a superior car in vast majority of races this year, and only a driver like Vettel makes difference when dragging it to the front. There is still some faint hope for Seb on the WDC track, however chances are dim, no question about it.

23 minutes ago, Sakae said:

7 October 2017   9:32 (CEST)

Ferrari has not managed to match development race with MB to support their drivers on Saturday. MB is definitely still a superior car in vast majority of races this year, and only a driver like Vettel makes difference when dragging it to the front. There is still some faint hope for Seb on the WDC track, however chances are dim, no question about it.

Nonsense. If you see Kimis qualy postions in 2017 you must say that car is a beast.

"Dragging it to the front" LOL!

Do you even watch races !?!?

7 October 2017   10:54 (CEST)

A slightly more qualified thought from 4xWDC champ: 

“I'm pretty happy to be honest - the car balance is getting better, obviously we’re lacking a bit of performance but all in all it was a positive day. I think the car should be a bit better in the race,” Vettel said.