Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

8 October 2017   8:58 (CEST)

WDC drive is over for Sebastian this year.  Disappointment will dissipate in time, just memories on what could have been will remain. SM is not going to be happy, but who cares right now. Gap between races when problem apparently appeared for first time, and this race was obviously too short for proper failure analysis and countermeasures, thus risk of the failure to reappear was always there. Rational people will understand and accept this situation. That's how engineering sometimes works. On bright side, Ferrari made huge progress since last season. Congratulation to Maranello for all success they had, and they may now refocus on future. There is no point to look backwards.   

Ferrari has now explained source of failure - spark plug.  Sergio now has a culprit, and he can fire (or sack) the darn plug.

FiA issued reprimand to Seb for missing drivers line-up during pre-race ritual. One more reprimand in this season, and he will receive grid demotion of 10 places. Context of his absence was discounted, however one can understand his motive, for he was on the edge of loosing or winning the WDC run, this was a crucial race for him, thus he needed a functional car and therefore he stayed - understandably - with mechanics in last dying minutes to start. That was his "crime". FiA is handing out reprimands to some drivers with ease of POTUS tossing paper towels to Puerto Ricans. 

Max Verstappen says he would be open to racing for Ferrari, but only if they are the team with the 'fastest car' on the grid.

News flash - duh, we have been told what he wants. Cat is out of the bag.

Silly me, I can name another 19 drivers who longing for the same, but that might not be worthy news. 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

News flash - duh, we have been told what he wants. Cat is out of the bag.

Silly me, I can name another 19 drivers who longing for the same, but that might not be worthy news. 

Because they are not the best driver on the grid. Max is the best driver on the grid. 

He'd snap Vettel in half.

9 October 2017   17:41 (CEST)

There is a lot of bellicose jingoism and chauvinism in the world these days. Some people need to work on their sense of humor.

10 October 2017   10:37 (CEST)

Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne says his team has paid the price for ‘ignoring’ quality control, but is adamant it is not too late to rescue its Formula 1 season.

What is SM talking about? Seb, at best, can salvage only P2 in WDC, unless Mr. Verstappen takes Hamilton out of next races at least twice, and Seb wins all of those remaining in this season. Maths is simply put not there for my man, and one doesn't need intellectual credibility and a reputation for rigor to figure this out.

17 hours ago, Sakae said:

9 October 2017   17:41 (CEST)

There is a lot of bellicose jingoism and chauvinism in the world these days. Some people need to work on their sense of humor.

Like most fans I couldn't care less where the drivers come from. I'm not even Dutch.

It's you that constantly brings up nationalism :lol:

39 minutes ago, Sakae said:

10 October 2017   10:37 (CEST)

What is SM talking about? Seb, at best, can salvage only P2 in WDC, unless Mr. Verstappen takes Hamilton out of next races at least twice, and Seb wins all of those remaining in this season. Maths is simply put not there for my man, and one doesn't need intellectual credibility and a reputation for rigor to figure this out.

It's more likely that Vettel will take out Hamilton. He is more error prone than Verstappen.

1 hour ago, VicVenom said:

Like most fans I couldn't care less where the drivers come from. I'm not even Dutch.

It's you that constantly brings up nationalism :lol:

No its me Peanutgallery.

13 October 2017   14:19 (CEST)

Better late than never.

Seb is remorseful, as he should be, however unless one possesses similar experience in similar situations, who are we to claim that adrenaline flowing in a tip-top race horse would not get better of us? I have lost my cool more than once for less reasons than Hamilton gave him in Baku, and until today I am not sure how it happened, later on being regretful or not. I have probably short fuses, whereas his head is usually cool. I would not bet however that it will never happen again. We are who we are, and not a project in development.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Better late than never.

Seb is remorseful, as he should be, however unless one possesses similar experience in similar situations, who are we to claim that adrenaline flowing in a tip-top race horse would not get better of us? I have lost my cool more than once for less reasons than Hamilton gave him in Baku, and until today I am not sure how it happened, later on being regretful or not. I have probably short fuses, whereas his head is usually cool. I would not bet however that it will never happen again. We are who we are, and not a project in development.

If Alonso, Verstappen or Hamilton did what Vettel did you would be calling for a lifetime ban. Hamilton did nothing wrong no matter how hard you try and spin it to try and justify Vettel's actions. 

On 10/13/2017 at 7:18 PM, VicVenom said:

If Alonso, Verstappen or Hamilton did what Vettel did you would be calling for a lifetime ban. Hamilton did nothing wrong no matter how hard you try and spin it to try and justify Vettel's actions. 

17 October 2017   11:03 (CEST)

Making baseless claims seems your speciality. Among 140 posts or so you wrote to-date since you joined this forum, is there a one - just one - among them which is free of vitriolic remarks and is not defaming Vettel or attacking explicitly in derisive terms other posters? On second thought, don't bother. I think I know what the answer is.

On 10/13/2017 at 2:30 PM, Sakae said:

Better late than never.

He has so much not smart decisions and moves that sometimes i feel sorry for him. Like that move when he got on that f1 car after his fault crash with Stroll. Safety car and medical car were just few meters away from him but he had to make it to look cool. But it didn't look cool. Then camera zooms on Arivabene saying :" What is he doing?" 

He want's too much to be liked, he should take it easy sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

He has so much not smart decisions and moves that sometimes i feel sorry for him. Like that move when he got on that f1 car after his fault crash with Stroll. Safety car and medical car were just few meters away from him but he had to make it to look cool. But it didn't look cool. Then camera zooms on Arivabene saying :" What is he doing?" 

He want's too much to be liked, he should take it easy sometimes.

17 October 2017   13:14 (CEST)

His desire for success is probably exceeding current Ferrari rate of grow and therefore capability. One has to recall where they were just a year ago and from how far they came to this point. Have they arrived to claim supremacy in this game? Maybe next time, but not yet. I also do agree that he should take it slightly more easy outside of race track, but he is who he is. Is it his down side? I am not feel qualified to be his judge. If anything, his answers in interviews could be shorter. I am "telling him" that for several years, but does he listen? NO, he does not. There you go.

That Stroll incident, based on different camera angle, on other forum was explained, and they both bear some responsibility. I will leave it at that. I haven't seen it.

4 minutes ago, Sakae said:

17 October 2017   13:14 (CEST)

His desire for success is probably exceeding current Ferrari rate of grow and therefore capability. One has to recall where they were just a year ago and from how far they came to this point. Have they arrived to claim supremacy in this game? Maybe next time, but not yet. I also do agree that he should take it slightly more easy outside of race track, but he is who he is. Is it his down side? I am not feel qualified to be his judge. If anything, his answers in interviews could be shorter. I am "telling him" that for several years, but does he listen? NO, he does not. There you go.

That Stroll incident, based on different camera angle, on other forum was explained, and they both bear some responsibility. I will leave it at that. I haven't seen it.

Ferrari made huge progress , he sometimes shoots them in foot.

He should know better.

On 17/10/2017 at 10:03 AM, Sakae said:

17 October 2017   11:03 (CEST)

Making baseless claims seems your speciality. Among 140 posts or so you wrote to-date since you joined this forum, is there a one - just one - among them which is free of vitriolic remarks and is not defaming Vettel or attacking explicitly in derisive terms other posters? On second thought, don't bother. I think I know what the answer is.

Has there been one of your near 4000 posts that doesn't defend Vettel or deflect criticism from him? 

Ferrari are in a right state. They need better drivers. As a fan it's sad to see how much potential this team is wasting. 

Get Verstappen and Perez in. 

24 minutes ago, VicVenom said:

Ferrari are in a right state. They need better drivers. As a fan it's sad to see how much potential this team is wasting. 

Peanutgallery. Ferrari has the right drivers. They have the best driver on the grid and a none-political one. We do not need a driver who does off-track overtakes with his daddy motivating him on. We not in high school here. He finally got what he deserved, the look on his face was priceless when he had to leave the room with Kimi looking at him I laughed my a## off. Absolute gold.!!! They should have started to penalise him sooner, the kid thinks he can get away with anything. 

Vettel 2nd in the 2nd best car has done his absolute best. Its amazing how much progress the team made this year, almost everyone wrote them off. Have great faith that we should next year we should get it. Dominance period usually last 4 years. Get ready for Ferrari Vettel title years!!!

7 hours ago, VicVenom said:

BTW Webric, pls change your  forum name to Peanutgallery. You're not fooling me

9 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Peanutgallery. Ferrari has the right drivers. They have the best driver on the grid and a none-political one. We do not need a driver who does off-track overtakes with his daddy motivating him on. We not in high school here. He finally got what he deserved, the look on his face was priceless when he had to leave the room with Kimi looking at him I laughed my a## off. Absolute gold.!!! They should have started to penalise him sooner, the kid thinks he can get away with anything. 

Vettel 2nd in the 2nd best car has done his absolute best. Its amazing how much progress the team made this year, almost everyone wrote them off. Have great faith that we should next year we should get it. Dominance period usually last 4 years. Get ready for Ferrari Vettel title years!!!

Did you watch the race? Verstappen drove from 16th to 4th. Vettel used up his tyres and only just finished ahead in a much better car. Vettel messed up Ferrari's chances at Singapore, Britain and Baku with his idiotic driving. They have had the best car. 

I have tried to be as plain as possible. I know your disability prevents you from understanding things. 

9 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

23 October 2017   9:57 (CEST)

I am amazed and puzzled after reading this morning internet headlines, and some of comments related to rendered decision on 5 sec. penalty issued after race. MV was off track with all four wheels, which is infraction of racing rules. There is no doubt about it.

I am not surprised by anti-Ferrari bias and usually derisive ranting by media, however names like Lauda and Andretti, claiming that "Verstappen got robbed" is not easy for me to understand, because question is then was it legal or not, or are they advocating Chinese flexible law to be practiced in the F1? 

Funny enough, when Verstappen in Mexico did not make a corner, went off track, big way, and was allowed to finish the race in infringement position to great detriment and chagrin to Vettel, no one was shouting FiA = "Ferrari Int. Assistance".

If anything, I would suggest that FiA was not in wrong to impose penalty in this case, just they are for very long time grossly inconsistent in application of the same rule(s).

24 minutes ago, Sakae said:

23 October 2017   9:57 (CEST)

I am amazed and puzzled after reading this morning internet headlines, and some of comments related to rendered decision on 5 sec. penalty issued after race. MV was off track with all four wheels, which is infraction of racing rules. There is no doubt about it.

I am not surprised by anti-Ferrari bias and usually derisive ranting by media, however names like Lauda and Andretti, claiming that "Verstappen got robbed" is not easy for me to understand, because question is then was it legal or not, or are they advocating Chinese flexible law to be practiced in the F1? 

Funny enough, when Verstappen in Mexico did not make a corner, went off track, big way, and was allowed to finish the race in infringement position to great detriment and chagrin to Vettel, no one was shouting FiA = "Ferrari Int. Assistance".

If anything, I would suggest that FiA was not in wrong to impose penalty in this case, just they are for very long time grossly inconsistent in application of the same rule(s).

If Vettel got a penalty like that you would blame the British media. Pull your head out of your old arse. 

Max drove absolutely fantastic race, so much talent in him, so much fire. Something that kimi lost years ago when he decided not to race to win anymore.