Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

1 hour ago, VicVenom said:

Did you watch the race? Verstappen drove from 16th to 4th. Vettel used up his tyres and only just finished ahead in a much better car. Vettel messed up Ferrari's chances at Singapore, Britain and Baku with his idiotic driving. They have had the best car. 

I have tried to be as plain as possible. I know your disability prevents you from understanding things. 

Peanutgallery. There have been many instances where drivers have made these types of comebacks. If you want to refer to a driver coming back from way down the grid, please check out Vettel's excellent drives. The ones where he was dead last on the starting grid and ended up on podiums.

And do not refer to races where there are QUESTIONABLE circumstances. The one for instance where Vettel could not possibly have seen Kimi in his blindspot and rightfully moved to defend his position as lead driver at the start in Singapore. Or the Baku incident where he was brake-tested by Hamilton and retaliated. Evidence shows him braking at apex of corner. Do not ignore this, it makes your posts look stupid. I know this is very difficult to comprehend since your brain is the size of a peanut

They have not had the best car. The Merc is and was clearly the fastest car on the grid this year, check out the constructor championship standings. 

24 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Peanutgallery. There have been many instances where drivers have made these types of comebacks. If you want to refer to a driver coming back from way down the grid, please check out Vettel's excellent drives. The one where he was dead last on the starting grid and ended up on podiums.

And do not refer to races where there are QUESTIONABLE circumstances. The one for instance where Vettel could not possibly have seen Kimi in his blindspot and rightfully moved to defend his position as lead driver at the start in Singapore. Or the Baku incident where he was brake-tested by Hamilton and retaliated. Evidence shows him braking at apex of corner. Do not ignore this, it makes your posts look stupid. I know this is very difficult to comprehend since your brain is the size of a peanut

They have not had the best car. The Merc is and was clearly the fastest car on the grid this year, check out the constructor championship standings. 

Vettel had the best car when he made his "comeback" at Malaysia. Hamilton was cleared of brake testing by the data shown to the stewards. Vettel shouldn't have swerved across the track so aggressively in the wet. He got what he deserved. But I get it, the little rat can do no wrong in your eyes. The constructors standings show that Hamilton is a much better driver than the other three. Which is sad, Hamilton is not even the best driver on the grid. 

Everyone inside the sport knows that Ferrari have messed up this year. Your autistic screeching won't change that. 

5 minutes ago, VicVenom said:

Vettel had the best car when he made his "comeback" at Malaysia. Hamilton was cleared of brake testing by the data shown to the stewards. Vettel shouldn't have swerved across the track so aggressively in the wet. He got what he deserved. But I get it, the little rat can do no wrong in your eyes. The constructors standings show that Hamilton is a much better driver than the other three. Which is sad, Hamilton is not even the best driver on the grid. 

Everyone inside the sport knows that Ferrari have messed up this year. Your autistic screeching won't change that. 

Come on peanutgallery....Come On!!!

Oh, so you can apply one set of rules to baku where you agree with the stewards, yet when vettel was cleared by stewards in Singapore, with reason of racing incident, you dismiss that! You need help bru

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Oh, so you can apply one set of rules to baku where you agree with the stewards, yet when vettel was cleared by stewards in Singapore, with reason of racing incident, you dismiss that! You need help bru

It's medically proven, that some people cannot be helped.

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

You really are stupid. It was proven beyond doubt that Hamilton didn't brake test Vettel at Baku. The data showed that not the stewards. That doesn't mean that Vettel was completely innocent at Singapore. He made his own bed. It doesn't matter if the stewards didn't penalise him. 

Just now, Sakae said:

It's medically proven, that some people cannot be helped.

Is that why you are over 40 and still worship another human being? 

6 minutes ago, VicVenom said:

You really are stupid. It was proven beyond doubt that Hamilton didn't brake test Vettel at Baku. The data showed that not the stewards. That doesn't mean that Vettel was completely innocent at Singapore. He made his own bed. It doesn't matter if the stewards didn't penalise him. 

Peanutgallery. Its evident on every youtube video you can find on the net

Ferrari should be ashamed. They have all thrown an easy Championship away. Replacing Vettel and Arrivabene should be their top priority going forward. Begging Verstappen to come aboard should be another.

5 hours ago, VicVenom said:

Ferrari should be ashamed. They have all thrown an easy Championship away. Replacing Vettel and Arrivabene should be their top priority going forward. Begging Verstappen to come aboard should be another.

Peanutgallery. We do not need a driver who can't behave at the start of races and is the cause of accidents, twice intervening in the champ outcome. Its not an easy championship when you have a car thats 2nd best and you still lead the standings 1 point ahead at the summer break

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Peanutgallery. We do not need a driver who can't behave at the start of races and is the cause of accidents, twice intervening in the champ outcome. 

:rolleyes: exactly

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Peanutgallery. We do not need a driver who can't behave at the start of races and is the cause of accidents, twice intervening in the champ outcome. Its not an easy championship when you have a car thats 2nd best and you still lead the standings 1 point ahead at the summer break

:lol:

Did you not see Vettel ruin his race yesterday. Grow up. 

31 October 2017   15:53 (CET)

I am hoping not to get my fingers slapped for re-printing someone's else analysis, however the guy (F1Racing90) has performed an interesting and worth to consider summary of the season. For lack of time I haven't checked his figures, however on some level his conclusions are the same I was having in summer. Here it is, and thank you - whoever you are - for that.
snapback.png

Instead of debating what if’s and hypothetical scenario, to make a certain driver look better or worse, you people need to look at the statistics of this season. There was really very little chance of Vettel winning the WDC, even if he had done 0 mistakes all season. This is because of multiple factors including having a slower car, worse car reliability, worse team mate and more bad luck than his main competitor Hamilton.

Pole stats

Mercedes - 13 pole positions

Ferrari - 5 pole positions

Average gap behind Mercedes, close to 3 tenths.

——————————————————————

Wins

Mercedes - 11 wins

Ferrari - 4 wins

——————————————————————

Podiums

Mercedes - 23

Ferrari - 17

The simple fact is the Ferrari has not been the fastest car by any stretch of the imagination. There is no way you can win the championship when your nearest competitor starts P1, 13 times out of the first 18 races. Every win Hamilton has had this year has been from pole position, he hasn’t actually won a race without starting P1 (apart from the Singapore, which he lead after 2 corners). Mercedes also dominated many weekends including Canada, Britain, Monza where they utterly destroyed the competition and easily won races. Ferrari biggest winning margin of the season was 9 seconds in Australia…

Three really good races where Ferrari and Mercedes went head to head and showed the vast differences between the cars. Hamilton easy overtake on Vettel in Spain and USA, coming from a mile back (look at Hamilton onboard video), to essentially just drive past the Ferrari. Then compare the reverse situation in Spa, where a Ferrari on a faster tyre had a far better exit and was a lot closer yet struggled to get side by side with the Mercedes down the straight. Engine & drag performance clearly far superior on the Merc. If you just take a look at these 3 races and what separated the cars, that’s already a 42 point swing just here, 14 points per race, Mercedes gained and Ferrari lost because of this.

Then to top that off, Ferrari has had by far worse car reliability than Mercedes on both cars.

Luck has also been extremely on Mercedes side this season.

China & Barcelona, safety car came out at exactly the wrong time for Ferrari.

In Silverstone, tyres blew up with a lap to go. 

In Canada, a very small & innocent contact, broke Vettel wing and he was essentially last after lap 1.

Then when we get to team mates, Bottas has been far more useful to Mercedes, taking wins and points off Vettel when Lewis was struggling. Kimi’s contribution on this front has been essentially 0. 

All of these points add up to one thing, that Mercedes was just a better package all around. Vettel’s mistakes or not, you can’t expect him to win the championship when the Ferrari is consistently behind the Mercedes in all of these categories I just mentioned above.

Regarding next season, biggest improvement must be made in Qualifying. Without being able to match the Mercs in qualifying consistently race by race, then there won't be any title. The season we have just seen will be repeated.

3 November 2017   10:50 (CET)

Marchionne says Ferrari "don't want to play anymore" if F1 becomes "unrecognizable"; Scuderia president insists team could cope without the sport; Mercedes also criticize new engine proposal...

I fear this time they mean it. Ferrari is also in favor decrease cost of competing, however how they are going to do it, I am not sure. Rumor has it, that budget will be imposed to 100 - 150 EUR already in 2019. That's a big jump from 400 or thereabout. Declared objective is to give smaller teams a chance to win. Well, good luck with that. Interestingly enough, cuts are aimed on research and engineering only. I thought teams, being already seconds apart from each other indicates convergence zone, but no, obviously not enough to satisfy police. Somebody wants to know more about private EU business. What that will do to engines remains to be seen.

FiA appointed accountant will be snooping in private bank accounts just to determine who has money and where it is going.Great idea. I wonder if some another appointee will be checking in bedrooms what's hidden under the beds. 

Can somebody explain to me why is a member of FOG interested purchasing wind tunnel? Is FiA on its way out of F1?

I would welcome a new GP series, name it whatever you want, but EU based, less English and American, and definitely without FiA, but unfortunately that's just a wet dream. Some teams will simply move to E-series instead. 

3 November 2017   12:50 (CET)

Seb is giving up ROC in Jan in favor of his simulator training which he kicks earlier than usual. That's my boy! There will be 5 of them in Melbourne, but I think Seb will take it when it ends, and regardless how strong MB car will be. 

27 November 2017   10:17 (CET)

Let me see; DR smells (says his teammate), he takes unjustified swipes on Vettel (Seb doesn't wants me there), and now he makes derisive remarks against Kimi. Ferrari must be really "impressed" with a such nice fellow. When Vettel said that he wouldn't mind if Ferrari hired him, that must have blown rather quickly through DR's both ears and whatever is between them.

New level of nastiness, its called New World.

Here.

Hello boys, remember me? B) Ruslan begged me to drop by and say hello, so here I am.

Not a wonderful season of F1 as far as I was concerned, but I do think Vettel did well to get second in the championship with a Ferrari that wasn't as good as the Mercedes. Bottas  wasn't as fast as he should have been and Vettel capitalised on that. Saying that, Ferrari sqaundered some chances this year and you can't afford to do that. Seb had a couple of times when he let his temper get the better of him and sadly it cost him dearly in terms of points. In Abu Dhabi he didn't get close to the Mercs, that's ominous for next year but we can hope for better I guess, even if we don't get it.

I hope you're all well :wub:

4 hours ago, Lyria said:

Hello boys, remember me? B) Ruslan begged me to drop by and say hello, so here I am.

Not a wonderful season of F1 as far as I was concerned, but I do think Vettel did well to get second in the championship with a Ferrari that wasn't as good as the Mercedes. Bottas  wasn't as fast as he should have been and Vettel capitalised on that. Saying that, Ferrari sqaundered some chances this year and you can't afford to do that. Seb had a couple of times when he let his temper get the better of him and sadly it cost him dearly in terms of points. In Abu Dhabi he didn't get close to the Mercs, that's ominous for next year but we can hope for better I guess, even if we don't get it.

Hey stranger. Glad you are back. I need all help you can deliver. Here are some really mean people. Ruslan is stubborn budget-cap-solving-all believer; its like Scientology for him. Publius is nice, but he visits not too often. The rest is in love with Telfonso, and you will not get anywhere with their religion.

I am happy to see again some calming voice on board. :)

6 hours ago, Lyria said:

Welcome back Lyria!!! :scarf: 

18 hours ago, Lyria said:

Lyria!!!!!

Good to see you again!!!

Aww thanks guys, that is so sweet of you all. I knew you were all sweethearts :wub:

Sadly I am not staying though, it's more of a flying visit. Due to health reasons and other things I'm not online as much these days so keeping up with a forum isn't going to happen. I just wanted to let you all know I haven't forgotten you though. Maybe I'll drop by now and again to make sure you're all behaving if I get a chance ;)