Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

A friendly remainder, that Ricciardo was in 2014 in his forth year with F1, thus hardly a newcomer to racing. However I think more to the crux of the issue, are you really sure that Vettel was racing him in that year? As addressed earlier, I am not.  Otherwise I am not sure that you have clarified what exactly it is you are looking for without some personal bias entangled in yours (or ours) feet. Schumacher, Prost, Senna like performance with today's cars..? Would be such expectation reasonable with today's specifications [fuel saving, reliability demands, etc.] when new race strategies are in the play?

I should perhaps add, some suggestions on this forum that RBR "it was Vettel's" team in 2014 are widely off mark IMO. New car, new PU and Newey (just as DM) for example was (were) publicly quite hostile on more than one occasion to Vettel; for open minded people quite difficult to ignore it. Relationship was strained, and there was no future for him anymore with painted bull. DM was barraged by media, and bad publicity was no good for his business, it was time to move on, and when opportune moment arose, it was done.

4 years? Can you count? He started mid way threw 2011 so 2.5 seasons and in a car hardly worth taking any notice. Imagine if dan got promoted as quick as Seb did,  2014 would've happened in 2012/13 or it wouldn't have because Seb knew how to drive those ones?

@maure

course there all one way excuses, wait till you catch one out and nicely mention you have then it becomes a personal witch hunt. Glad Iam not that biased though, if I was, my mates would punch me in the head.

@Sakae

@Emmcee

@Quiet One

... and most everyone else, really. It's all good, guys. Let's land the plane and soldier on with a grin.

The accurate description of reality (in general) is hard enough as it is. Perception itself rides on evolutionary deceptions... and that's just the instrumentation.

Anyway, the fact is that while we might arrive here relating different accounts, none serve a genuine purpose unless they help each of us to better figure out what the hell is going on.

Respect.

Those sidepods look menacing. Glad to see Ferrari not being predictably boring for once. Would like to see Vettel on a good car again.

When lights go off in one month, the car will look probably different, as they usually do.

As Tobias (AMuS) said: Das ästhetisch ansprechendste Auto im Feld wird dieser Ferrari sicher nicht sein. Aber darauf kommt es ja bekanntlich nicht an.

Filming #7 (at Fiorano):

Both drivers shared filming gig, and ended up in bubbly mood. Noticeable difference between these and past comments is absence of the usual "its good, step forward, but we still have to do some work", to state obvious. Yesterday comments sounded more positive and genuine, which seems encouraging for start of testing runs. Everyone will work their tails off for next 9 months, but I take it feedback had more normality than in the past, and that's a good thing. Testing begins next week; can't wait. Lauda thinks there will not be too much of sandbagging in last days of testing, as teams do need to establish a baseline performance. Kimi run detuned engine, 2 seconds off the track record. There was no info on Seb's time.

First impressions from experts on sidelines - if it works, it will be hard to copy by other teams.  Mercedes and RBR still under cover.

It has been said, that the car is made of 56000 components. Whoa!!

Wish you could dissect and be so in depth and detail in every aspect about f1 and not just Seb and Ferrari, because you clearly have a good eye, just a shame it's so biased.

Nice car though, they need to get rid of the White IMO and go back to the black wings with the red like the old Agip days.

Gianlu D'Alessandro‏@Gianludale:  16m16 minutes ago

Motorsport reports that Ferrari drivers won't talk until Wednesday (Seb on Wednesday, Kimi on Thursday). Ferrari imposed news blackout.

Seb logged 28 laps so far, Bottas 39 laps in this hour. Ferrari is 0.19 sec adrift from Mercedes. (Not that it matters much right now).

On 2/25/2017 at 4:32 PM, Emmcee said:

Wish you could dissect and be so in depth and detail in every aspect about f1 and not just Seb and Ferrari, because you clearly have a good eye, just a shame it's so biased.

Seriously,

He's giving info in a Ferrari 2017 thread? and he mentioned BOTH drivers? What boat are you on?

Yeah Iam serious because this type of post will only get posted about Seb and Ferrari and no one else.

I still don't know what to make of the red car. I still can't decide if it's an ugly montrosity or that menacing feel to it with the sidepods has just simmered abit. I rate Merc the best looking car, with RBR a close 2nd...

Anyway, early days, but it looks like the Ferrari has some pace, and not lagging too far behind Merc (Bottas) at this stage in lap count... tops so far on mediums with Bottas 2nd of softs... 

Interesting..." I'm stood at the outside of Turns 1 and 2, but unfortunately Vettel doesn't appear to be pushing very hard in the Ferrari at the moment - very leisurely progress through this right/left sequence."

Vettel clocked 2 purples in first two sectors, lost the third one. This would indicate that he is not exactly "sleeping", however I will be much happier when we stay assured that they all pushed hard, and Scuderia stamped their own supremacy. What I like is, that they do not pussyfooting on first day in first few hours, as it happened so often before. Good aggressive morning that was. Good opening, and now we have to wait on ending of that story. So much for the prediction by some experts on this forum, that Ferrari guys might not be able to drive this car.

Mercedes probably had a good idea splitting driving duties in one day between two drivers. Vettel will need some stamina to survive long runs still planned for today. 

16:38 The Ferrari looking OK. Vettel seems to have a level of grip that is similar to Hamilton. So that's promising for Ferrari, as the car certainly wasn't running out of grip. Still early days but from what we are seeing right now, which is only a few laps at Turn 3, Ferrari could be on a position to give Mercedes a bit of a fight.

Seb must be tired by now (I guess approaching about 70 laps). Mercedes is now over 100 cumulatively for both drivers.

18:05 This is looking like a very solid start to pre season for Ferrari. Vettel has been right at the sharp end of the time sheet on mediums and has just completed a proper practice start in the pitlane with an hour left to run today. That's something we've gotten used to seeing Mercedes doing in recent seasons, but Ferrari must be making good progress already with its new car to be focusing on details like this already.

Ben Anderson

Lovely stuff. Keep it up boys

I am concerned that Seb will be exhausted coming on Wed. Car is more physical, and laps he is doing is mind boggling.

I watched a clip with Ricciardo and he also satiated that all drivers have been allowed to "bulk" up abit over winter. Ferrari certainly look very good today and it now atleast raises the possibility that we actually might have a different front running team this season, how exciting.