Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Meanwhile:

Seb: Mercedes is ahead

Kimi: I could go even faster.

Hamilton: I haven't found my sweet spot yet.

Bottas: we do not have test, our engineers know how that would end up

Lauda: Bottas is 0.2 sec per lap slower than Hamilton

Ricciardo: I had a wrong setup.

Alonso: well, we all know what he said

I am probably the only one who believes it might not be as bad as media generating headlines about McLaren saga. Unless there is fundamental construction issue with the new PU, teething issues will go away. It's Honda after all. I am all German cars guy, but I have respect for those guys in Japan. They wan't go to sleep until this gets fixed.

You know that here in Nagoya we are in Toyota land. So there are engineers under every tree. Word, from day one 2 years back, has been that the engine is good... yet, here it is, still unable to deliver even reasonable performance. I personally suspect the issue is internal politics at Honda but I cannot get a proper confirmation on it.

I can't wait to see Merc beaten !

Will love too see Lewis' long loser face, Lauda's excuses and Wolff's sadness !!  

Go Ferrari ! :ferrari:

Now, now, don't stress the fellow too much.

Last I heard, he had been posting photos of himself next to a private yet, on its stairs, on a wing, then on top of it...

If the pressure gets to him, he might just post a pic fvking the poor thing.

9 hours ago, maure said:

You know that here in Nagoya we are in Toyota land. So there are engineers under every tree. Word, from day one 2 years back, has been that the engine is good... yet, here it is, still unable to deliver even reasonable performance. I personally suspect the issue is internal politics at Honda but I cannot get a proper confirmation on it.

As a descendant of Tokugawa shogunate, surely you must insist on Honda keeping a flag of Nippon high and without a spot of blemish as it should under the code of Bushido. (Which BTW I really believe still exists today in highest corporate ranks, admitted or not).

Past - Honda came to the hybrid engines party (under downright imbecile F1 rules) too late, and underestimated the job in hand, as two other parties have.

Present day - Honda has taken courageous step and redesigned the engine from ground up, and smack that one into new regulations of 2017.  There is no indication yet that future is lost, despite numerous, yet small issues cropping out. PU is a complex system, and every screw poses a challenge. I would suggest we should patiently wait.

Critique of Honda - rotation of skilled engineers. F1 is not a school project to graduate on, and move on IMO. Once you understand challenge, you built on strength. This is not an advise to Honda, just my private thoughts.

Critique of McLaren - idiotic, useless and unhelpful comments and noises, true or not, ought to stop.  

Life moves on.

4 hours ago, maure said:

Now, now, don't stress the fellow too much.

Last I heard, he had been posting photos of himself next to a private yet, on its stairs, on a wing, then on top of it...

If the pressure gets to him, he might just post a pic fvking the poor thing.

:lol::bangin:

14 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Interesting indeed. What I am noticing how internet forms believe that Merc drivers have that red button inside, which let them to take a car to different level on the whim, and since they haven't use it yet, that's why Merc is ahead. Great, isn't it?

I honestly don't think Mercedes is ahead anymore, it will be out of Redbull and especially Ferrari. What a difference 12 months and a new set of regs can do.

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Crazy ...

turrini : "Difference between Mercedes and Ferrari 0,5 seconds"

I can't wait to see Lewis getting all jealous with long face and sour about Kimi / Seb :ban_006:

I am not so certain about advantages over anyone as yet. Based on testing, Ferrari seems competitive, which is good news from my selfish perspective, and I am hoping this will translate into grid position on a starting line, clean start and a race past the first turn. We should remind ourselves that Melbourne isn't unfortunately good yardstick for anything beyond that race. When we return back to Spain, fog will lift and then we shall see where we are. Drivers are relatively happy, thus I am hoping for good season ahead. Some of us (uglies) will be cheering, whereas rest of the (normal) people will be in mourning, maure predicts.

What do you guys think the main factor in this first race will be? Obviously it will be tyre strategies but you think the main issue will be reliability or just being able to hold the car for the race distance? Because a lot of drivers are saying once you wheel spin in the corners you can't save the car.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Qualifying position on the grid.

So you think it's going to be hard to pass once again Sakae?

43 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes, I will combo qualifying with Emcee's tyre strategies view

You don't think the handling of these new cars will play a toll?

If I have to add one concern more to my main one which is position on the starting grid, then it would be strategy when to pit for one stop-over. Tires do not worry me for some reasons, but getting stuck behind a slow car could make one loose podium and a race. That's my feeling right now.

42 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

You don't think the handling of these new cars will play a toll?

Yeah of course. Thats why I think RBR will eventually be top dog. With the new regs its swung abit back to earo, where they excel

6 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yeah of course. Thats why I think RBR will eventually be top dog. With the new regs its swung abit back to earo, where they excel

Going to be real intresting to see cars battling each other's and see how much control the drivers have under braking and what not.

On 2017/03/11 at 10:01 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

Took me awhile to decipher what's going on with Ferrari's sidepod, how the carbon device actually channels the air into the sidepod and around it...it's made easier with this HD picture link...

http://imgur.com/a/lE4FA

RvB8eNa.jpg

jFSm8pP.jpg

BZhqj0Z.jpg

5z39OAT.jpg