Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

Hamilton is really drooling over this car, should we trust printed headlines. I am getting impression of that noise if he doesn't find his "sweet spot" with W08, he might be on the phone to Arrivabene come September...

Some wicked pics there brad, hows the little slot ontop of the side pod to? Up close the Ferrari's is a masterpiece isn't? Just hope there testing times relate to circuit performance.

How is that going to work when this clown distroyed the very foundation Michael built.

After Barcelona...

I like it. It is a style I revere. Modest comments, neutral interview, reasonable information flow for benefit of fans. No bombastic blah blah we hear from other quarters. It took me actually by surprise that GP247 could rise to an interview and article - free of dogs-dog attacks - for a change. 

"Vettel revealed, “All I can say is that the spirit in the team is good, everyone is working for everyone else’s benefit."

Geez, such wisdom, it's a key that positively unlocks many doors. Maybe some philosophies are learned by him interacting and observing Kimi

31 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

"Vettel revealed, “All I can say is that the spirit in the team is good, everyone is working for everyone else’s benefit."

Geez, such wisdom, it's a key that positively unlocks many doors. Maybe some philosophies are learned by him interacting and observing Kimi

:lol:

I am not privy to where their relationship is today, but they were seen together in mountains on a private trek a few years prior Seb moved to Ferrari, so I gather they know each other for a while. To tell the truth, I think Seb was always that way, he just did not get credit for it, as only difficult situations were reported in sometimes hard to accept hostile media. (BTW just as Kimi got a fair share of it in his career as a racer). 

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Just hope he and kimi are able to fight for wins. Be great to see hamilton,bottas,Ricciardo,verstappen,Vettel,Raikkonen all able to fight for wins, we deserve a multi winner season for a change, been a while since we had one of those hasn't it?

Who needs Verstappen with his Mansell like dive-driving in that mix? After all that initial hoopla last year people had winter to think about it, checked some races again, and Eureka. 

I've checked a fan-poll on the internet who, of the current grid, is most ruthless and controversial driver?

1. Verstappen was voted by huge margin.

2. Alonso.

3. Hamilton.

4. Well behind - Vettel. 

Verstappen got away with a few things so far without anything being held against him, but that may change. He ignored in Singapore 2015, Australia 2016 and USA 2016 team orders/instructions for instance, and that just in the fight for points. He caused controversy by exploiting the rules too, and his rhetoric how he will attack drivers in his way was not exactly what others would get away with.

I am not naive enough to think he has changed over winter, and for some reason I think he will be involved in some cases when drivers will not finish races because of him.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

Who needs Verstappen with his Mansell like dive-driving in that mix? After all that initial hoopla last year people had winter to think about it, checked some races again, and Eureka. 

I've checked a fan-poll on the internet who, of the current grid, is most ruthless and controversial driver?

1. Verstappen was voted by huge margin.

2. Alonso.

3. Hamilton.

4. Well behind - Vettel. 

Verstappen got away with a few things so far without anything being held against him, but that may change. He ignored in Singapore 2015, Australia 2016 and USA 2016 team orders/instructions for instance, and that just in the fight for points. He caused controversy by exploiting the rules too, and his rhetoric how he will attack drivers in his way was not exactly what others would get away with.

I am not naive enough to think he has changed over winter, and for some reason I think he will be involved in some cases when drivers will not finish races because of him.

Verstappen will turn out to be a great driver, the past has shown all great drivers exploit the rules to the maximum.

Barcelona 2017: (AMuS) - how Ferrari compares

Top-Speed-Hitliste Barcelona F1-Test 2017

Team Top-Speed Speed Start/Ziel Differenz
Ferrari 340.6 km/h 293.4 km/h 47.2 km/h
Williams 339.6 km/h 294.2 km/h 45.4 km/h
Mercedes 338.5 km/h 292.6 km/h 45.9 km/h
Haas F1 333.3 km/h 291.1 km/h 42.2 km/h
Red Bull 331.2 km/h 293.4 km/h 37.8 km/h
Renault 331.2 km/h 290.3 km/h 40.9 km/h
Toro Rosso 329.2 km/h 288.0 km/h 41.2 km/h
Force India 327.2 km/h 289.5 km/h 37.7 km/h
Sauber 325.3 km/h 287.2 km/h 38.1 km/h
McLaren 324.3 km/h 285.7 km/h 38.6 km/h

Top speeds do not differ much in Winter Championship. Average speeds are also close. Overtaking will be another deal, so it seems.

Ecclestone in an interview  - on RB

On Ross Brawn: Ross was in Benetton. He was a helper in the team, like a lot of them. It was the same at Ferrari I said to Michael Schumacher at the time: Who’s running the team? and he said: I am. Assisted by Mr Todt. They worked well and did a bloody good job. Ross was there but he didn’t design the car or anything like that.”

GP Technical: - post testing comment

Onboard footages revealed that Ferrari still need to find the optimal aerodynamic balance with the car and suffers from understeer both in corner entry and exit.

Confirmation noted - as expected.

"However, Sebastian is someone who is absolutely loyal to his current employer. When Nico retired, he was not one of the interesting applicants for the seat," the Mercedes boss  revealed.

12 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Lovely insight

It was a note for future references should someone (we know) in the future claim that Seb was trying to run for it after Nico left.

I am also just now noticing that our friend Ceasar has something lovely to say about "those two".  Sound like he is of opinion that Alonso did not need a competitive car to win, but "those two" do.

47 minutes ago, Sakae said:

It was a note for future references should someone (we know) in the future claim that Seb was trying to run for it after Nico left.

I am also just now noticing that our friend Ceasar has something lovely to say about "those two".  Sound like he is of opinion that Alonso did not need a competitive car to win, but "those two" do.

Why sarcasm?

I do not consider those two at same level as Alonso.

6 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Why sarcasm?

I do not consider those two at same level as Alonso.

I also don't consider Alonso to reach Vettel's level. He might try before he retires, but I doubt that he will succeed. Maybe that's why he is so angry all the time. The truth hurts.

6 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I also don't consider Alonso to reach Vettel's level. He might try before he retires, but I doubt that he will succeed. Maybe that's why he is so angry all the time. The truth hurts.

Hate is one of the greatest compliment.

During 2013 i felt sorry for "those two".

Feeling sorry for someone isn't a compliment.

6 minutes ago, Sakae said:

And hurts it does.