Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Will Nico Rosberg come back to F1 ?

Will Nico Rosberg come back to F1 ? 

Although he is having a great time with his family at the moment. I think it was too early for him to retire and after 1-2 years of being outside the circuit, My GUESS is he will miss the limelight and come back racing again like Schumy and some others did.

What's your take ?

Michael was drawn back into his career 2 by Ross Brawn with aim to help with car development, however I don't think the same, or similar situation that applies to Nico. Never say never, but I do not see Nico being invited back to Mercedes for a reason or two. Then there is a glut of drivers ready to move on as it is, who are actively racing already, and tempting as it may, I do not see him plugging with a struggling team, building it up and emulating Michael, Sebastian, and perhaps others. There is no such team. Tier 1 group is fully occupied. Button has something ongoing with McLaren, whereas Nico is a different case altogether. 

Right now that seem to be the case. But we don't know how things will transpire later and how hungry Nico would become.

On the other hand, one can wonder what would he do if Ferrari places a call, that they do need a driver in 2018. Teams are sometimes hard to read.

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Yep Exactly. Specially Bernie is gone now. I had a feeling that  Nico did not like Bernie. 

I think it was actually Ross (word on the street) who was uncomfortable with FOM. The subject has come up when Mercedes almost left the F1. Lauda was therefore invited as an intermediary, and since he has succeeded, his reward is his current position within the team.

After the schumi/ brawn dominance from 2000-2004, the fia/fom did what ever they could to cut what ever advantage they had away. Weather it be a tyre rule loophole or whatever, there was also something that would seem to be ok for some to do but not schumi and Ferrari. As for nico, I don't think he will come back, I've never seen him as a "racers" racer if you know what I mean? Yeah he was good, focussed and committed like any other f1 driver but he didnt live eat and breathe it like other past champions did or even Michael for example. The one question I've always asked myself is, yeah he can say "ever since I could remember, I wanted to be world champion" but would've he had that same passion or even intrest in the sport if his father wasn't an f1 driver? Would've he experienced what he did if his dad wasn't keke? Iam not sure so that makes me question his racing authenticity or mould as a so called "perfect driver". I just saw nico as a rich kid exposed to the racing very early because of his father and just so happened to be half decent at it aswell. Not some kid who sat up all night drawing pictures of cars or pretending to be there f1 hero, there the authentic drivers.