Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Pre-season testing

16:31 That's a good lap from Vettel, given he's on softs. The Ferrari looks like it should be capable of that kind of pace given how good its balance and grip seems to be. On softs, 1m19.9s compared to other people is very good. And looking at Hamilton, his best lap on a race run is a 1m25.0s, so that would put him at about 1m20.0s in terms of pace attacking on soft tyres. So that's positive. If Vettel can do it right in the Ferrari, he could do a 1m19.3s on the ultra-soft. So we're still on target to get laps under 1m19s because these runs aren't being done on the sniff of an oily rag in terms of fuel.

Gary is becoming Ferrari's disciple. His drooling over Vettel is increasing by an hour. It's all good. :lol:

going at it again...

16:51 Watching Vettel through Turn 1-3 is definitely my 'wow' factor of the day. The Ferrari is just planted and, even on used tyres, it doesn't budge one millimetre off line.

:lol:

They've definately done something right with this car. The ugly duckling (as I first observed) is seemingly turning into a beautiful swan to me personally. It seemed Mattia Binotto designed a peach!

What's up with W08 being 5 sec off the best lap? Testing how car is behaving when you drive it really slow? Interesting. 

Geez wiz, Stroll in the wall. He is out of his league with that car. Williams has dilemma on their hands.

1/2 hr to go, and Seb will need 4 laps to have done 2 race distances today. Probably tired, but happy over results. I am. 

. fi.png Bottas Mercedes W08 1:19.705   75 PIT
2. de.png Vettel Ferrari SF70-H 1:19.952 +0.247 139 PIT
3. au.png Ricciardo Red Bull Racing RB13 1:21.153 +1.448 70 PIT
4. gb.png Palmer Renault RS17 1:21.396 +1.691 51 PIT
5. de.png Hülkenberg Renault RS17 1:21.791 +2.086 42 PIT
6. se.png Ericsson Sauber C36 1:21.824 +2.119 126 PIT
7. gb.png Hamilton Mercedes W08 1:22.090 +2.385 95 PIT
8. fr.png Grosjean Haas F1 VF-17 1:22.118 +2.413 56 PIT
9. ca.png Stroll Williams FW40 1:22.351 +2.646 98 PIT
10. es.png Alonso McLaren MCL32 1:22.598 +2.893 72 PIT
11. es.png Sainz jr Toro Rosso STR12 1:23.540 +3.835 32 PIT
12. mx.png Celis jr Force India VJM10 1:23.568 +3.863 71 PIT
13. ru.png Kvyat Toro Rosso STR12 1:23.952 +4.247 31 PIT

Sky:

Fastest lap per tyre

Driver Team Date Tyre Lap time
Valtteri Bottas Mercedes Day Three Ultrasofts 1:19.705
Valtteri Bottas Mercedes Day Three Supersofts 1:19.838
Sebastian Vettel Ferrari Day Three Softs 1:19.952
Sebastian Vettel Ferrari Day Three Mediums 1:21.609

DRIVER SPEED MAX/Aver.
1. ca.png Stroll 288 0
2. de.png Vettel 287.2 209.6
3. de.png Hülkenberg 284.2 204.9
4. gb.png Palmer 283.4 205.9
5. se.png Ericsson 282.7 204.8
6. fi.png Bottas 281.9 210.3
7. au.png Ricciardo 280.5 206.5

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Has he done any race summulations tho?

He might have done a short stint, but I am not sure if that was a race sim. 2 race distances, car stopped in pits 9 min to go in a session, such as 139 laps ffs. No one came even close to that. For some media outlets that (so far unexplained) stoppage is more significant that anything else what he has done in whole day. Rumors about divorce with Honda are already in headlines. 

Sebastian seems to like the car, feel of it, and so on. "Its like Aspirin" said he, it fixes everything (all ills of the past few years that hounded him). JV might have been correct then with his prediction, that Vettel will like those cars. Hamilton seems to be in some kind of physical discomfort, procuring bruises he has now mentioned several times. I am not sure whether I have understood what Kimi said. I like generally the guy, but I wish he would make himself understood more clearly.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Sebastian seems to like the car, feel of it, and so on. "Its like Aspirin" said he, it fixes everything (all ills of the past few years that hounded him). JV might have been correct then with his prediction, that Vettel will like those cars. Hamilton seems to be in some kind of physical discomfort, procuring bruises he has now mentioned several times. I am not sure whether I have understood what Kimi said. I like generally the guy, but I wish he would make himself understood more clearly.

You misinterpreted this mate, vettels words were aiming at the sports overhaul of regulations more so than the Ferrari itself.

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

He might have done a short stint, but I am not sure if that was a race sim. 2 race distances, car stopped in pits 9 min to go in a session, such as 139 laps ffs. No one came even close to that. For some media outlets that (so far unexplained) stoppage is more significant that anything else what he has done in whole day. Rumors about divorce with Honda are already in headlines. 

So its been confirmed. It was fuel testing. Leaving no stone unturned

Baby Stroll will need more dinero from Daddy Stroll to keep fixing his bent car. Crashaholic driver?

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Baby Stroll will need more dinero from Daddy Stroll to keep fixing his bent car. Crashaholic driver?

He makes Madonado looks tame

Maybe some coaching for Stroll may fix it. He seems to be trying too hard. Topping speed sheets is one thing, but white knuckles while in turns would indicate that fear is real, and compensating this weakness his way is not totally working.

Stroll...

• To prepare, Stroll drove a 2 years old Williams
  • The Engine - Merc PU (Hybrid), he got two new ones from Merc (they were built from scratch just for him...)
  • He had a test-team that consisted of 20 Williams employees, 5 Merc PU Mechanics
  • He had Pirelli Academy tyre (hard, medium, soft)
  • He drove in Silverstone, Red Bull-Ring, Monza, Barcelona, Abu Dhabi, Austin, Sochi
  • Stroll sen. financed a new Simulator for Williams (only Stroll jun. is allowed to use it!)
  • The costs are around 70 - 80 Million (papa avail for him)

What happened to cause Lance Stroll's spin on Wednesday that has led to Williams cancelling today's test? Stroll himself was coy. "Unfortunately just a little thing at the end," he said. "A victim of a situation that happened on the end on the car, which just threw the car away from me. There was an issue on the car, I was a victim of the situation. We are still figuring it all out, so I don’t want to get into details about it." 

What could it have been? 

Williams engineering chief Rob Smedley was keen not to criticise the driver, but revealed it had been a mistake on cold tyres. “They are good to lean on them, but there is a certain point where they become very tricky," Smedley said. 

"Lance was out on cold tyres, on a cold medium tyre, on an out-lap with a lot of fuel in the car, and the tyre stepped away from him. He was an innocent victim of that happening and what should have been an innocuous sideways moment brought him around into the barrier and did some damage. That happens and we expect it to happen there is no blame on his part.”

A victim of the situation...I mean really.... Everyone could guess he got caught out by cold tyres

30 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

What happened to cause Lance Stroll's spin on Wednesday that has led to Williams cancelling today's test? Stroll himself was coy. "Unfortunately just a little thing at the end," he said. "A victim of a situation that happened on the end on the car, which just threw the car away from me. There was an issue on the car, I was a victim of the situation. We are still figuring it all out, so I don’t want to get into details about it." 

What could it have been? 

Williams engineering chief Rob Smedley was keen not to criticise the driver, but revealed it had been a mistake on cold tyres. “They are good to lean on them, but there is a certain point where they become very tricky," Smedley said. 

"Lance was out on cold tyres, on a cold medium tyre, on an out-lap with a lot of fuel in the car, and the tyre stepped away from him. He was an innocent victim of that happening and what should have been an innocuous sideways moment brought him around into the barrier and did some damage. That happens and we expect it to happen there is no blame on his part.”

A victim of the situation...I mean really.... Everyone could guess he got caught out by cold tyres

nice cover up Rob Smedly u d!ckhead