Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Pre-season testing

26 minutes ago, Sakae said:

It's a day.

DRIVER TEAM CHASSIS TIME DIFF. #    
1. br.png Massa Williams FW40 1:19.726   168 PIT
2. au.png Ricciardo Red Bull Racing RB13 1:19.900 +0.174 89 PIT
3. de.png Vettel Ferrari SF70-H 1:19.906 +0.180 168 PIT
4. gb.png Hamilton Mercedes W08 1:20.456 +0.730 49 PIT
5. fi.png Bottas Mercedes W08 1:20.924 +1.198 86 PIT
6. fr.png Ocon Force India VJM10 1:21.347 +1.621 142 PIT
7. de.png Hülkenberg Renault RS17 1:21.589 +1.863 57 PIT
8. dk.png Magnussen Haas F1 VF-17 1:21.676 +1.950 81 PIT
9. ru.png Kvyat Toro Rosso STR12 1:21.743 +2.017 83 PIT
10. be.png Vandoorne McLaren MCL32 1:22.537 +2.811 80 PIT
11. de.png Wehrlein Sauber C36 1:23.336 +3.610 47 PIT
12. se.png Ericsson Sauber C36 1:23.630 +3.904 53 PIT
13. gb.png Palmer Renault RS17 1:24.790 +5.064 15

782 km (Vettel, Massa) - approx. 2.5 full race distance. (Have probably pretty red eyes).

Congrats to both guys. Well done job.

Massa set fastest lap of all AM, Vettel then PM

I am not sure what was Mercedes testing today. Some unnamed drivers look like slackers to me.

Hamilton promoted Ferrari as "favorite". Hmm, what's all that about?

Yes hmmmmm. Baaed on testing he says...hmmmm

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128400/hamilton-ferrari-is-favourite-for-f1-2017

AMuS:

Messung Ende Zielgerade:

Team Geschwindigkeit
1. Sauber 332,3 km/h
2. HaasF1 331,3 km/h
3. Red Bull 330,2 km/h
4. Mercedes 327,2 km/h
5. Ferrari 325,3 km/h
6. Renault 324,3 km/h
7. Williams 323,3 km/h
8. Force India 321,4 km/h
9. Toro Rosso 317,6 km/h
10. McLaren 314,8 km/h

So Brad.. now Williams are better than Ferrari and Mercedes. Lol. Testing isn't about setting headline laptimes. Nobody knows the pecking order yet. 

It's all about car potential at this stage of the testing. No one claimed otherwise. Williams proved they can also run on a good day, and now we have to see what Williams will do with it.  McLaren in contrast...baseline seems really off for now.

No one claimed otherwise? That's not the impression I got, I've been saying this all week and only NOW people want to agree. Lmao you guys are unbelievable. Only when it suits you hey?

2017-03-08 / 6th day of testing.

1. es.png Alonso McLaren MCL32 no time   0 PIT
2. se.png Ericsson Sauber C36 no time   0 PIT
3. es.png Sainz jr Toro Rosso STR12 no time   0 PIT
4. gb.png Palmer Renault RS17 no time   0 PIT
5. fr.png Grosjean Haas F1 VF-17 no time   0 PIT
6. gb.png Hamilton Mercedes W08 no time   0 PIT
7. fi.png Räikkönen Ferrari SF70-H no time   0 PIT
8. mx.png Perez Force India VJM10 no time   0 PIT
9. nl.png Verstappen Red Bull Racing RB13 no time   0 PIT
10. fi.png Bottas Mercedes W08 no time   0 PIT
11. de.png Hülkenberg Renault RS17 no time   0 PIT
12. de.png Wehrlein Sauber C36 no time   0 PIT

f1today...

9 hours ago, Emmcee said:

No one claimed otherwise? That's not the impression I got, I've been saying this all week and only NOW people want to agree. Lmao you guys are unbelievable. Only when it suits you hey?

Right? 

9 hours ago, Unknown? said:

So Brad.. now Williams are better than Ferrari and Mercedes. Lol. Testing isn't about setting headline laptimes. Nobody knows the pecking order yet. 

9 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I'm flabergasted. I don't quite know how my comments can be so miscontrued and misrepresented to get to the conclusion you guys came up with. Williams shows pace, which is good thing.....on a softer compound!. How does that change the true pecking order, we don't know yet. All I know is Merc and Ferrari have been pounding around reliably with good speeds, not only on the softest compounds. But it's not just one day that has brought about, what Sakae has also stated... car potential... you have to look at a variety of factors. We get these observations from trackside observers, from comments of rival teams, from car behaviours. Even from fellow racers! Did you guys just conveniently skipped and avoided my reasons. The car seems to be working well guys, pitpass says it best, which prompted me to say the things I believed...

Whereas Bottas currently heads the timesheets, ahead of Felipe Masa and DanielRicciardo, their times were set on ultrasoft, supersoft and ultrasofts respectively, whereas Vettel and Raikkonen - currently fourth and sixth - posted theirs, likeHamilton, on the softs.

While some will point to unknowns like fuel loads, one has to ask why Ferrari would want to play such games when, after all, it would only be fooling itself in the long run.

On the evidence thus far, not only is the Ferrari fast and reliable, it also appears to be working very well with its tyres, as was noticeable yesterday when Vettel was on his longer runs."

Learn to look at the facts from the testing guys, there's certain factors you can actually trust. 

Hey Sakae, found this really interesting. On jamesallenonf1.com

"Ferrari were very canny again, not doing a proper full race simulation, which allows the opposition to calculate their pace and fuel loads. They are keeping everyone guessing whether their long runs are at 105kg of fuel, the maximum, or the standard long run 80kg. Their short and medium runs look quick, so there’s no question they are close to Mercedes."

Interesting

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I'm flabergasted. I don't quite know how my comments can be so miscontrued and misrepresented to get to the conclusion you guys came up with. Williams shows pace, which is good thing.....on a softer compound!. How does that change the true pecking order, we don't know yet. All I know is Merc and Ferrari have been pounding around reliably with good speeds, not only on the softest compounds. But it's not just one day that has brought about, what Sakae has also stated... car potential... you have to look at a variety of factors. We get these observations from trackside observers, from comments of rival teams, from car behaviours. Even from fellow racers! Did you guys just conveniently skipped and avoided my reasons. The car seems to be working well guys, pitpass says it best, which prompted me to say the things I believed...

Whereas Bottas currently heads the timesheets, ahead of Felipe Masa and DanielRicciardo, their times were set on ultrasoft, supersoft and ultrasofts respectively, whereas Vettel and Raikkonen - currently fourth and sixth - posted theirs, likeHamilton, on the softs.

While some will point to unknowns like fuel loads, one has to ask why Ferrari would want to play such games when, after all, it would only be fooling itself in the long run.

On the evidence thus far, not only is the Ferrari fast and reliable, it also appears to be working very well with its tyres, as was noticeable yesterday when Vettel was on his longer runs."

Learn to look at the facts from the testing guys, there's certain factors you can actually trust. 

Indeed.

11 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Hey Sakae, found this really interesting. On jamesallenonf1.com

"Ferrari were very canny again, not doing a proper full race simulation, which allows the opposition to calculate their pace and fuel loads. They are keeping everyone guessing whether their long runs are at 105kg of fuel, the maximum, or the standard long run 80kg. Their short and medium runs look quick, so there’s no question they are close to Mercedes."

Interesting

Interesting indeed, however we still do not know about Ferrari's qualifying speed under full fuel load. Based on comments how difficult (in difference to impossible) it is going to be overtaking in a race, qualifying looks like will make them, or break them. It's not like Vettel will build 25 sec lead, and go back for refueling. Those times are gone. I expect tomorrow and Friday to clarify residual doubts.

12 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Interesting indeed, however we still do not know about Ferrari's qualifying speed under full fuel load. Based on comments how difficult (in difference to impossible) it is going to be overtaking in a race, qualifying looks like will make them, or break them. It's not like Vettel will build 25 sec lead, and go back for refueling. Those times are gone. I expect tomorrow and Friday to clarify residual doubts.

Yep, James Allen had this to say, building on what you just stated... Hopefully we'll get a clearer picture soon

The car is fast
I still question if it's got the xfactor in qualifying that Mercedes has always had in hybrid era

1 hr into testing ...

1. fi.png Bottas Mercedes W08 1:21.229   13 PIT
2. nl.png Verstappen Red Bull Racing RB13 1:22.172 +0.943 12  
3. br.png Massa Williams FW40 1:22.455 +1.226 16 PIT
4. fi.png Räikkönen Ferrari SF70-H 1:22.926 +1.697 11  
5. de.png Hülkenberg Renault RS17 1:24.417 +3.188 13 PIT
6. mx.png Perez Force India VJM10 1:25.321 +4.092 5  
7. es.png Alonso McLaren MCL32 1:35.717 +14.488 6 PIT
8. fr.png Grosjean Haas F1 VF-17 no time   9 PIT
9. de.png Wehrlein Sauber C36 no time   8 PIT
10. es.png Sainz jr Toro Rosso STR12 no time   1 PIT
11. ca.png Stroll Williams FW40 no time   0 PIT
12. se.png Ericsson Sauber C36 no time   0 PIT
13. gb.png Palmer Renault RS17 no time   0 PIT
14. gb.png Hamilton Mercedes W08 no time   0 PIT

f1today...

Ferrari on M, first three on S (RBR switched to M as well)

Posted at 11:09

The idea behind the rule changes for 2017 was not just faster, better looking cars, it was also tyres that allowed the drivers to actually drive them. Over the last six years, just how unhappy the drivers were with the Pirelli tyres was kept under wraps to a large extent. It took freak circumstances - and some hard digging by one or two journalists - to reveal it. Eventually, though, it was agreed to force Pirelli to produce what drivers might call ‘proper racing tyres’ - ones that can be driven hard pretty much all the time; not just for one lap and sometimes not even that. And it seems to have worked. 

The feedback from the first test was generally positive, and Haas driver Kevin Magnussen - one of the good guys - continued that theme on Tuesday.

“It’s such a big relief to be able to push hard on one lap but also more than one,” Magnussen said. “The tyres do have degradation but there is still so much grip and you can still push really hard. It is so much more fun to drive. In one lap it is really good fun, really impressive to drive and in race distance it is much more fun. You feel like you are going fast. With the old cars, it was sometimes embarrassing. Some corners you were not even full throttle between them even though there was a straight.”

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:
Posted at 11:09

The idea behind the rule changes for 2017 was not just faster, better looking cars, it was also tyres that allowed the drivers to actually drive them. Over the last six years, just how unhappy the drivers were with the Pirelli tyres was kept under wraps to a large extent. It took freak circumstances - and some hard digging by one or two journalists - to reveal it. Eventually, though, it was agreed to force Pirelli to produce what drivers might call ‘proper racing tyres’ - ones that can be driven hard pretty much all the time; not just for one lap and sometimes not even that. And it seems to have worked. 

The feedback from the first test was generally positive, and Haas driver Kevin Magnussen - one of the good guys - continued that theme on Tuesday.

“It’s such a big relief to be able to push hard on one lap but also more than one,” Magnussen said. “The tyres do have degradation but there is still so much grip and you can still push really hard. It is so much more fun to drive. In one lap it is really good fun, really impressive to drive and in race distance it is much more fun. You feel like you are going fast. With the old cars, it was sometimes embarrassing. Some corners you were not even full throttle between them even though there was a straight.”

Can you explain the remark - one of the good guys, please? Nowadays I seems to understand British culture less and less. Divisive narrative and misinformation is all over the place, yet if it is a joke, than I am lost. i should admit that I am not a big friend of Mr. Benson, because some of his articles IMO have done quite disservice to the organization which employs him.

Opinions are emerging that teams can estimate car performance based on data collected on less fuel than full tank. I wasn't aware of it, because there are variables, I thought, which cannot be simulated, and until a driver takes it for spin, it is difficult to make too many accurate assumptions.

8 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Can you explain the remark - one of the good guys, please? Nowadays I seems to understand British culture less and less. Divisive narrative and misinformation is all over the place, yet if it is a joke, than I am lost. i should admit that I am not a big friend of Mr. Benson, because some of his articles IMO have done quite disservice to the organization which employs him.

Opinions are emerging that teams can estimate car performance based on data collected on less fuel than full tank. I wasn't aware of it, because there are variables, I thought, which cannot be simulated, and until a driver takes it for spin, it is difficult to make too many accurate assumptions.

Me too,

It's interesting about the tyres tho. Did'nt really know that

No idea about the good guys comment, Benson's abit of a biased pro-Alonso fan too

There was mention that Kimi had off, and hit a barrier: Maybe that would explain his extended dwelling in the garage instead on the track.

8 minutes ago, Sakae said:

There was mention that Kimi had off, and hit a barrier: Maybe that would explain his extended dwelling in the garage instead on the track.

Thx... I wondered why he was so quiet, and to top it he was on mediums short run

9 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Thx... I wondered why he was so quiet, and to top it he was on mediums short run

Some talk about duct is rubbing tire (could be from that off Kimi had this morning); not sure how credible that is.

2 hrs in...

1. nl.png Verstappen Red Bull Racing RB13 1:20.516   29 PIT
2. fi.png Bottas Mercedes W08 1:21.229 +0.713 31 PIT
3. br.png Massa Williams FW40 1:21.860 +1.344 28  
4. fi.png Räikkönen Ferrari SF70-H 1:22.926 +2.410 15 PIT
5. es.png Sainz jr Toro Rosso STR12 1:23.569 +3.053 12 PIT
6. mx.png Perez Force India VJM10 1:24.059 +3.543 16 PIT
7. fr.png Grosjean Haas F1 VF-17 1:24.201 +3.685 21  
8. de.png Hülkenberg Renault RS17 1:24.417 +3.901 18  
9. de.png Wehrlein Sauber C36 1:24.951 +4.435 28 PIT
10. es.png Alonso McLaren MCL32 1:34.732 +14.216 11 PIT
11. gb.png Palmer Renault RS17 no time   0 PIT
12. gb.png Hamilton Mercedes W08 no time   0 PIT
13. ca.png Stroll Williams FW40 no time   0 PIT
14. se.png Ericsson Sauber C36 no time   0 PI

Lets gets this clear. Have I not been the one saying NOT to go of the testing times? It's you guys who claim to know the pecking order, Iam the one saying its to early to tell, don't try and spin it around now because you realised it makes you look like an idiot, stop playing games and go back and read MY posts on the test and you will realise it's all you guys who are confused, don't try jump on the bandwagon now because you realise Iam right, just say you were wrong and we will leave it at that. It's like your all high or something.

29 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I asked him politely to explain because he doesn't stir the pot like you do and admits it when incorrect. Unlike some who try and spin it to say my posts is what they were posting. Give me a break mate, go back and read the posts. I don't mean to come across with an attitude all the time but you can't see how you come a cross can you?

1 minute ago, Emmcee said:

Lets gets this clear. Have I not been the one saying NOT to go of the testing times? It's you guys who claim to know the pecking order, Iam the one saying its to early to tell, don't try and spin it around now because you realised it makes you look like an idiot, stop playing games and go back and read MY posts on the test and you will realise it's all you guys who are confused, don't try jump on the bandwagon now because you realise Iam right, just say you were wrong and we will leave it at that. It's like your all high or something.

Not sure what you are on, but I surely do not know anything about pecking order. Based on testing results what is emerging, as we now discussing ad infinitum, is who is, and who is not competitive. Ferrari, Mercedes, RBR, and Willaims. That's it (in no particular order).

11 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

:blink: