Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Pre-season testing

DRIVER TEAM CHASSIS TIME DIFF. #    
1. fi.png Räikkönen Ferrari SF70-H 1:18.634   108  
2. nl.png Verstappen Red Bull Racing RB13 1:19.438 +0.804 69  
3. es.png Sainz jr Toro Rosso STR12 1:19.837 +1.203 129  
4. fi.png Bottas Mercedes W08 1:19.845 +1.211 53 PIT
5. gb.png Hamilton Mercedes W08 1:19.850 +1.216 52  
6. de.png Hülkenberg Renault RS17 1:19.885 +1.251 45 PIT
7. mx.png Perez Force India VJM10 1:20.116 +1.482 128 PIT
8. gb.png Palmer Renault RS17 1:20.205 +1.571 43 PIT
9. ca.png Stroll Williams FW40 1:20.335 +1.701 130  
10. fr.png Grosjean Haas F1 VF-17 1:21.110 +2.476 76 PIT
11. es.png Alonso McLaren MCL32 1:21.389 +2.755 43 PIT
12. se.png Ericsson Sauber C36 1:21.670 +3.036 59 PIT
13. de.png Wehrlein Sauber C36 1:23.527 +4.893 42 PIT

Hard Soft Intermediate
Medium SuperSoft Wet
UltraSoft

DRIVER MAX SPEED AVERAGE SPEED
1. ca.png Stroll 290.3 0
2. fi.png Räikkönen 288.7 0
3. gb.png Hamilton 288 0

My revised predictions:

McLaren will be 4th or 5th by end of the season, assuming they don't kill each other well before that. Williams will probably fall back to 6th, fighting with Haas over it. FI  in top 5, battling McLaren and TR.  

Next - Melbourne.

Ferrai stopping again. Even if they claim electrical issue....NOT GOOD! Merc most reliable and fast.Williams really suprise. RBR fast but unreliable. FI, Renault, TR suprised, Haas will again fight for scrap. Mclaren... well Mclaren. All Im sayin

Ferrari had it fixed pretty quickly. It's aim of testing, finding what works, and what not.

9 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Mouth-watering! But they need to make the beast reliable.  http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/597443/Game_On/

I can't wait enuff  for top 3 battle come Melbourne

Why Vettel wasn't allowed(?) to complete his hot lap and lifted in order not to reveal his potential performance, whereas Kimi today was permitted to do so? Both drivers would have been most likely close in lap time. I do not follow Ferrari on that one. It really doesn't means much in large scheme of things, but it is still annoying for Vettel's fans. I am probably more upset about it, than Seb is.

29 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Why Vettel wasn't allowed(?) to complete his hot lap and lifted in order not to reveal his potential performance, whereas Kimi today was permitted to do so? Both drivers would have been most likely close in lap time. I do not follow Ferrari on that one. It really doesn't means much in large scheme of things, but it is still annoying for Vettel's fans. I am probably more upset about it, than Seb is.

Vettel might have chosen not to reveal his pace. I think thats the most reasobable explanation

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Vettel might have chosen not to reveal his pace. I think thats the most reasobable explanation

I hope that you are right. Kimi is back in headlines that he could go even faster. Sounds good to me.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

C6ka0GXWoAA2PWs.jpg

This photo is awesome, you always find the good ones Sakae.

C6lU0eZWcAA56uK.jpg

Winter championship in pictures.

Time means (allegedly) nothing, but people (insiders) continue to measure it for some weird reason.

Noted: individual top speeds were increasing with each day, and were fastest on last day of testing. (Marginally).

I rekon come the Spanish Grand Prix they'll get that time down to like 1:17s maybe even 16s.

Nice graphing, yet I am continuing to believe, since the primary cluster of cars are very close to each other in performance, position on the track will be very important. If Ferrari or any other hopeful gets stuck behind a slower car, small speed advantage will be negated pretty quickly. It is going to be a big question how difficult overtaking will be with those cars. At the moment, hearing from two or three drivers, it didn't look easy to them. Hülkenberg for example said (hopefully in slightly flippant manner) that all what defending car has to do is to stay in the middle of the road - there is his defense strategy. 

I think it will be hard to pass as every driver is claiming as soon as you loose the rear its game over. So imagine those coming in to hot under brakes.

It will be hard to pass, but standing starts after safety cars this year make Lance Stroll's wrecks a huge variable in shuffling the field.

I forgot about that standing start, should be intresting but if we have a few issues the races will be ended on the two hour limit instead of laps.