Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2017 Renault

The Japan Times - Hiroto Saikawa - the company's current co-CEO - will take over from Ghosn on April 1.

Deutsche Welle - Ghosn will remain the company's chairman and also the CEO of Renault Group, chairman of Mitsubishi Motors, as well as chairman and CEO of the Nissan-Renault-Mitsubishi Alliance.

I guess we have to wait whether these changes will impact Renault's presence in F1 in the future. While I read a lot about Ghosn over the years, thus he is "known" entity, I do not know anything about what new CEO thinks about money spent in F1, especially now, when traditional global trading practices were turned on its head due to changes in political arena.

A man I would like to have working with Scuderia, but considering their mutual personal and not so personal history, Alain is now planted at his right place.  

Here! 

I love that man. Top class guy in my column, and very much responsible individual for me being married to F1 for very long time.

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 11.09.01.png

Memo to Alain - if RS17 fails, there is of course option such as 4CV, which could finish a season in style.

Could never stand Alain, always felt he was running from senna because he knew he wasn't as good. Trying to manipulate the sport to give him an edge and have a veto against senna and mansell if he is to sign with Williams. Wtf? This is no 4x champion, like ayrton once said "the way Prost is behaving, he's behaving like a coward".

I am following this sport since 1974, have been during that period exposed to F1 editorialized "journalism" since days of overpriced F1 magazines on shelves, till today's internet form, thus I am somewhat acquainted how sport-person's legacy is far too often for my taste created, or systematically destroyed, as we are led to troff while telling us who our heroes are, or should be. On day to day basis I am going therefore with my own "bias", my own opinions, and its all fine as far as I am concerned. I liked Prost in his time, had not much reverence for Senna and his insistence on having always best of a car, but today that's all in the past, and I am not planning to go any further on that subject, sorry.

You made some good points there. But it was ayrton who learned from Prost that you need the best car to win. That was the whole argument once senna heard of prosts signing for Williams in 93.

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

Palmer on his way out? A few guys could be interested in that vacant seat.

Yep. As the headline states, the contrast between the two drivers is striking

I could be mistaken, but I thought that former management of Lotus imposed this driver onto new owners - Renault - rather than let Renault to choose him for his qualities. 

Potential impact on front wheels should he hit something like wall might break his (anyone's) hands through steering wheel. Risk is massive and not that much imaginary. Someone might think this is a good promotion, but F1 is not charity, and the move IMO could be proven unwise with long lasting adverse effects for him. I am not sure that I follow train of thought here, but he is not fit for the F1 IMO. This subject has been discussed extensively and angrily several years ago. In my recollection even medical personnel on the forum at the end changed their minds, and agreed that this driver is done with F1 (or F1 is done with him, whatever). Second BIG question is, how does he feels the road through steering, when tires are degrading, and fractions of the second makes difference on race position, and pit-wall ask - do you want to pit or we will do another few laps?