Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2017 Mercedes

It's interesting to see that they have reverted to a more 2014 nose.

Is it to soon to claim say our suspicion that anyone could win in that car? Bottas just got strapped in, and he is pretty much gone into distance, like it or not. My only hope is resting on technicality, this is not a race, but still, the familiar pattern is disturbing.

Or could we look at the flip side and say bottas is actually better than most people give him credit for. You watch if bottas gives Lewis a real run for his money, I bet the media says it's down to Lewis having a bad year than bottas having a good one.

Recently both, Lauda and Wolff had their contracts extended. Lauda's presence (usefulness) and his job were questioned on this, and other forums. So much has been re-confirmed:

- He has 10% financial stake in the team.

- He is a Chairman of the Supervisory Board. 

- He represents the team in relations with top echelons of F1 (they call him "The Foreign Minister" for the team).

That's about it. He never goes too far for his opinion about anything, and only Torger can match him in that.

Yep that Sergio is single handedly keeping Ferrari back IMO.

On 3/8/2017 at 9:36 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

Damn Man, How did we lose this guy!! Bloody idiot Marchionne

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/597061/Backtowork_Tuesday_for_James_Allison/

Brad, sorry for not agreeing, but I like what I see, and maybe we have it because he is not there. Hard to say as an outsider. Alison was with the team long enough to make impact, yet it was one blow up after another. Now - I have no complains (yet). In my experience it is never about one man, as internet has tendency to make it so. 

Outstanding mystery - has Hamilton learned how to take off when light go down? I would not mind if he mangles little bit here and there, while boys in red take off. It was lovely on couple of occasions in the past.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Brad, sorry for not agreeing, but I like what I see, and maybe we have it because he is not there. Hard to say as an outsider. Alison was with the team long enough to make impact, yet it was one blow up after another. Now - I have no complains (yet). In my experience it is never about one man, as internet has tendency to make it so. 

Sergio is the one destroying Ferrari by trying to run the race team from his office instead of the track.

SM made a mistake last year. Maybe he has learned of it, because the team seem today pretty much together, and less troubled than some others on the grid.

I think realistically most comes from not having to worry about there drivers. Unlike Ricciardo and verstappen, if Vettel and kimi are fighting for the title I don't think there relationship will be any different. I just couldn't see them playing mind games with each other's or being rough on circuit so that has to be a major advantage.

Lmao love how the British press manipulate a season where he got beaten fair and square. What else can it be? Can't handle the fact that out of anyone, his lifetime rival beat him and ran away with the trophy. That will play on Lewis's mind for the rest of his life, that the one man he always had tha slight edge over has now beaten him without the possibility of ever taking it back. Lewis wins the battle but nico won the war.

Mercedes will be racing spec 2 in Melbourne. Predictions seems to be running high that others are hopelessly behind already. 

i don't think so, I don't think Mercedes will be no where near as dominant tbh. Yep you saw it here first lol.

Spec 2 engine was tried in Spain, but it had to be highly detuned mode, because no one has taken notice, until MB came clean what they have been testing.

On 15/03/2017 at 11:32 PM, Emmcee said:

Lmao love how the British press manipulate a season where he got beaten fair and square. What else can it be? Can't handle the fact that out of anyone, his lifetime rival beat him and ran away with the trophy. That will play on Lewis's mind for the rest of his life, that the one man he always had tha slight edge over has now beaten him without the possibility of ever taking it back. Lewis wins the battle but nico won the war.

I would say Lewis won the war. He even caused Rosberg to quit. 2x Champ at Merc vs 1. If it was'nt for Lewis' car breakdowns.. would have been 3. He even won the most races during the year, good indicator in same car who was better

30 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Spec 2 engine was tried in Spain, but it had to be highly detuned mode, because no one has taken notice, until MB came clean what they have been testing.

How could rival teams not notice it was detuned

47 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

How could rival teams not notice it was detuned

No one wrote about it. At least I didn't read about it until well after the test was over. Spec 2 engine was used only towards the end of testing. I would think headlines and some articles would have mentioned. In fact, in my recollection, several articles mentioned that Ferrari and Mercedes used only one engine in whole testing, and apparently that seems to be now contradicted. I am not sure what Ferrari has done, but Merc used 1st race spec engine already, and not because they had to, but they were planning for it. Performance in Barcelona with this engine did not raised any suspicion that we have here a grid beater. That was sandbagging alright, methinks. I wonder if Seb knew that when he said without hesitation - they are ahead of us.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

No one wrote about it. At least I didn't read about it until well after the test was over. Spec 2 engine was used only towards the end of testing. I would think headlines and some articles would have mentioned. In fact, in my recollection, several articles mentioned that Ferrari and Mercedes used only one engine in whole testing, and apparently that seems to be now contradicted. I am not sure what Ferrari has done, but Merc used 1st race spec engine already, and not because they had to, but they were planning for it. Performance in Barcelona with this engine did not raised any suspicion that we have here a grid beater. That was sandbagging alright, methinks. I wonder if Seb knew that when he said without hesitation - they are ahead of us.

Dunno. Running with detuned engines is too risky for me, coupled with that crankshaft problem. The car's potential had to be understood and analized. 

Vettel is bluffing. He does not want to set high expectations, same with lifting off provocatively at that last corner