Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2017 Mercedes

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

If Im correct they did'nt plan for that 1st race spec engine, they brought it forward to 2nd test

As mentioned in previous post, not too many people were aware of the switch towards end of testing, and most articles I've read were under impression MB used only 1 engine for 8 days. Not so, we are learning now.

Spec. 2 engine was tested, and will be used in Melbourne. If I understand secrecy of it, for 7 testing days was used first engine, and for last day Merc made the switch and if memory serves me, they were running truncated sim race with it. 

I got confused. They brought forward the aero package to the 2nd test. Is Ferrari bringing an engine upgrade to Melbourne? Whats their development plan... do u know?

14 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I got confused. They brought forward the aero package to the 2nd test. Is Ferrari bringing an engine upgrade to Melbourne? Whats their development plan... do u know?

Sorry, but I do not. Regarding Ferrari, the only statement I recall was by Seb, that all cars we will see in Melbourne will be different (to Barcelona). I assume that means Ferrari as well, but I take it its just off cut general utterance without any deep thought. Just general assumption. Ferrari is keeping cards pretty close to body this year. Where is Publius when you need him. Italian papers probably have something.

8 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I would say Lewis won the war. He even caused Rosberg to quit. 2x Champ at Merc vs 1. If it was'nt for Lewis' car breakdowns.. would have been 3. He even won the most races during the year, good indicator in same car who was better

I strongly disagree, these results obviously didn't mean the world to nico like they do Lewis because he actually has a life away from the sport, Lewis doesn't. Nico leaving was the last kick in the balls to Lewis knowing he cannot be beat ever again and for the history they have together, Lewis will feel ripped off, he will feel betrayed and will feel small because he has no way of beating nico again.

9 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I strongly disagree, these results obviously didn't mean the world to nico like they do Lewis because he actually has a life away from the sport, Lewis doesn't. Nico leaving was the last kick in the balls to Lewis knowing he cannot be beat ever again and for the history they have together, Lewis will feel ripped off, he will feel betrayed and will feel small because he has no way of beating nico again.

Lewis was the more successful driver. In terms of race wins, championships and monetary gain. Thats how history will judge them. History will also judge Nico on being a quitter, he ran away when things got tough. Hence his comments of the horrible experiences he went thru during the last few races. Great drivers thrive on competitiveness, its that edge that drives them. Nico leaves it all hanging, no matter the excuses

Little harsh, Brad, isn't it? It was Nico's personal choice to retire for reasons we are left to speculate about, and what right we have to denounce him for it? How history will judge him depends who writes it, and when. It is never good if it is written too soon, or if it is written by a victor, so is said by an old wisdom. I am not making any claims, explicit or implied, in terms of comparison, but I am distrustful of his status at that garage. There were instances where British politics took team management over, and his body language was screaming loudly, if you know how to read it. Maybe, just maybe he wanted out for some time, and just waited to get one in. I would be not surprised to learn that was the truth.

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Lewis was the more successful driver. In terms of race wins, championships and monetary gain. Thats how history will judge them. History will also judge Nico on being a quitter, he ran away when things got tough. Hence his comments of the horrible experiences he went thru during the last few races. Great drivers thrive on competitiveness, its that edge that drives them. Nico leaves it all hanging, no matter the excuses

Iam not talking about history brad or how anyone else will remember it, Iam talking personally between those to. Nico left with the upper hand, doesn't matter about the last, the time is now and nico kicked him in the balls on the way out and I say well played.

Lauda puts Bottas on par with Rosberg

I have feeling that Lauda still did not forgive Rosberg that unexpected retirement decision, which he allegedly didn't take all too well when he learned about it.

Yeah he seems to be still dirty over it as he claims that rosberg wouldn't have done a better job. He didn't hesitate either, I saw the interview and he went straight for the throat. He also claims it was him who brought bottas to Mercedes to.

"What worries me a little bit is if Lewis suddenly thinks to himself 'I tell you what I'm going to do, I've had enough people criticising me, I'm going to be on pole in every race, win every race, and stop at the end of the year'," said Ecclestone to Sky Sports F1

Ex-Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone believes ongoing criticism could force three-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton to retire at the end of the year.

Sounds ominous.

Now I have to wait for Seb to take a clue and announce his retirement for similar reasons. ;)

10 hours ago, Sakae said:

I have feeling that Lauda still did not forgive Rosberg that unexpected retirement decision, which he allegedly didn't take all too well when he learned about it.

The Grapes are very sour in Luda's vine :reddevile:

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff says that Mercedes have adopted an underdog mindset for the 2017 season as they bid for a fourth successive drivers and constructors titles

Don't say...WT*

Ohh yeah because they knew they weren't going to be as dominant? What a load of crap.

Torger is a new Papa, and probably had a one or two sleepless nights behind him when he was explaining their new attitude.

Torger Wolff is an Austrian, Susie is a Scottish lassie, and their child was born in Zurich.  Toto surely managed to compile his own UN.

Valtteri Bottas has said he hated the order to let Lewis Hamilton pass in Bahrain but understood why the decision was made.

Hamilton was allowed to pass his team-mate as Mercedes tried to prevent Ferrari from taking the spoils in Sakir, but a resigned Bottas, who started from pole position, revealed he felt resigned to let him through.

Wolff: We're the underdogs now

How so? Why insist that Ferrari has a better car (as opposed to equal one)? Perhaps WDC score is as it is, because Vettel is a real champion, as opposed to a one hiding behind rule-book full of tokens and one team protection under premature homologation?

13 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Wolff: We're the underdogs now

How so? Why insist that Ferrari has a better car (as opposed to equal one)? Perhaps WDC score is as it is, because Vettel is a real champion, as opposed to a one hiding behind rule-book full of tokens and one team protection under premature homologation?

lol

I think fans could use some closure regarding Allison. First there were grey years 2014, 2015, 2016 in Ferrari-land, and predictions topped headlines of catastrophic consequences for reds after he had left Maranello. Now he is with Mercedes, and suddenly we get headlines - we (MB) are the underdog in this fight, and whoa, Ferrari in contrast is performing not too badly under a Swiss-Italian guy. I think there are some loose ends in this saga, and question stands; what happened?

Nice one. It seems that I wasn't the only one who has taken notice of it.

Hamilton took a gibe at Fernando Alonso's level of performance in qualifying for the Indy 500.

"To see him fifth against drivers who are there all year is ... interesting," mischievously said the Briton.

But Kanaan took the opportunity to hit back on Monday evening at the traditional Indy 500 banquet.

"What can I say? The guy (Hamilton) competed in a two-car world championship last year and was second, so I don't think he can say much," the Brazilian quipped.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

You are so correct there Sakae.

About few months ago, after Nico won the crown, I predicted that Lewis may not get another trophy in his career because Merc will not dominate for the next  2-3 seasons. We will only see Lewis' excuses and sour grapings from here on in :grouplaugh:

War of words erupted between Hamilton and Indy. First he commented on Alonso's achievement in terms of comparative assertion (rookie shines in the crowd of - implied - weaklings), then several Indy guys shot back at him (F1 was a championship of two cars, and he came second - in 2016).

I am rather puzzled (but not really surprised) Alonso declared after race that every driver in order to prove himself as a great racer should race in more series than just one. I am not sure of origins or necessity to preach such declarations with hope, that racing faithful will subscribe and give the full assent of faith to this nonsense. I am rather suspicious that his words were driven as promotion of self, than some deep, inerrant dogma we all have to adopt. Dear hero inadvertently stepped on pride of some Indy drivers as well, who do race in one series only. Guys will realize that the day after they had time to digest it.

Lewis is arrogant as ever.

Alonso lost to Takuma Sato. Lot's of joke here in Japan going on saying - Takuma should replace Alonso for 1/4 of Salary but 10 times more humbleness :lol: