Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2017 Mercedes

55 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Lewis is arrogant as ever.

Alonso lost to Takuma Sato. Lot's of joke here in Japan going on saying - Takuma should replace Alonso for 1/4 of Salary but 10 times more humbleness :lol: 

Rumor has it, that one of the issues that is being negotiated between Honda and Sauber is potential deployment of a yet to be named Japanese driver. I am all for it. (Not everyone is as strict purist as our Nagoya friend, so it will be all good.) 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Rumor has it, that one of the issues that is being negotiated between Honda and Sauber is potential deployment of a yet to be named Japanese driver. I am all for it. (Not everyone is as strict purist as our Nagoya friend, so it will be all good.) 

meanwhile Lewis is still getting battered by Indy drivers on his comments...

Mischievous as it sounds, it is hard to argue with Tony Kanaan's assertion that last year F1 got a black eye for being a series of two cars in competition, Hamilton driving one of those, and came home second. Whether that's good promotion of F1 racing in US, or Hamilton's personal fame remains to be seen, but TBH, I have my doubts.

E. Jordan is in the news, that Mercedes will sell the team. EJ is not always right, but if true, then I am wondering if Brexit has anything to do with it, or it is rather combination of three factors.

- Brexit

- Liberty politics

- Resurgence of other teams, and almost certain for MB loosing P1 to lower rankings

Wolff responded:

Mercedes has rubbished suggestions by former team boss Eddie Jordan that is could quit Formula 1 after the 2018 season.

motosport.com

SURER: MERCEDES USING TEAM ORDERS NOT FERRARI

Former F1 driver Marc Surer, turned pundit, claims that all the evidence from the first six races of the season suggest that Mercedes are employing blatant team orders while Ferrari have yet to do so.

...yet anti-Vettel campaign and mud slinging on the internet continues. (Innuendos how "easy" Vettel wins his championships). Funny thing, Hamilton got better ratings after Monaco than Vettel (on several sites). Button, who put Wehrlein's head against wall tactfully did not received any comment for his rookie type of personal error.

29 July 2017,  21:17

Two perspectives on qualifying results:

"I don't think there was any moment that we had the shot on pole. We couldn't match the Ferrari's time today," Hamilton said. 

"Throughout qualifying we improved and I think we would have been in the fight for pole position," said Wolff. "But obviously the mistake in the second to last lap compromised Lewis' final run."

I expect full apology from Torger to Hamilton on Monday.

29 July 2017,  22:46

What's up?

Last race it was Grosjean, now Magnussen, before it was Vettel who had a trouble with him, and there were I think some other drivers in the past complaining about Hamilton's slow down as well. Wolff's reaction to Grosjean for example was neither very polite and accommodating, or apologetic. So far FiA is not reacting to it. (Well they had a word with Vettel, but not Hamilton, and we know how that ended).

Comparison how others are treated basically for similar offense.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

29 August 2017   13:10 (CEST)

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/615017/FIA_confirms_Mercedes_can_keep_higher_oil_burn_limit/

Is this the way in which WDC will be handed over to an MB's driver? I thought last three years were full of gifts already. So much for "playing fair and on the level".

Vettel had gifts for years at Red Bull. Vettel used his car as a weapon at Baku. You have no moral high ground.