Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2017 Redbull

Apparently the Red Bull sensor issue requires the gearbox to be taken off to fix - hence the long delay getting the RB13 running again.

Ben Anderson

Why you upset for? Seriously? This headlines manipulated feelings for you that aren't even there. It's his opinion and from what mark webber said he places Redbull as main contenders and he believes they were "shadow boxing" and turned up with an unusually bland looking car and beleives newey must be on the cusp of something good as he said he's never seen Redbull do this. He said Redbull have always run there own schedule in testing and always "shadow box" until the first Grand Prix, it's the bland looking car that concerns mark. I got a feeling this guy might know what he is talking about ;)

Mercedes also removed a controversial suspension layout prior to Melbourne, but it was reportedly done so voluntarily to save weight. On the other hand, the FIA actually told Red Bull to remove its system. But team official Dr Helmut Marko insisted in Australia: "For weight reasons we wouldn't have used it here."

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/223994/horner-ferrari-strongest-mercedes-not-too-far-ahead

I mentioned a few weeks ago I suspected more than engine issues.

Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo has had a subtle stab at design guru Adrian Newey, by suggesting that the energy drinks out fit no longer have the advantage in the aero department which they were once famous for and laments the fact that his team start each season on the back foot, playing catch-up.

In an interview he split issues 50/50 between the engine and aero.

...give us this, or we quit (again)...

Please do. Never ending whining that RBR is "blackmailed" by automakers, and to force the change, for a change, they now will blackmail all of them. My way, or highway. How boring and tiring that has become. I can close my eyes to envision F1 without Horner and his buddies, and it looks beautiful.

Yep. Suck it up! They won the Championships 4 years in a row with Renault. Show some respect. It's not that Renault as a manufacturer looks after THEIR own team, RBR gets exactly the same engine as Renault. Coupled with the fact that it's not only the bloody engine thats the problem, it's also their aero package

They have no other option, F1 does not make much sense per se for them, they don't sell cars, they sell soft drinks, they will be in F1 as long as they win and as long as they believe that they can benefit from winning. F1 is relyin too much on Red Bull's goodwill

1 hour ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

They have no other option, F1 does not make much sense per se for them, they don't sell cars, they sell soft drinks, they will be in F1 as long as they win and as long as they believe that they can benefit from winning. F1 is relyin too much on Red Bull's goodwill

Indeed. Their diplomacy skills are questionable, but their position is understandable.

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Understand my a##, they must just buckle down and get the job done. Ferrari did...so....

RB is 5 years late with formulating their position. I wonder if they are conducting negotiations in media, or formal demand has been submitted to proper institutions as well. In either case, for this term of CA they are stuck, like it or not.

End of 2016 most people ignored Ferrari, and declared DC next WDC in 2017. Renault is saying their PU is this season more powerful than ever it has been. So, what's the problem which prompted Mr. Newey to hurry up and proclaim to media, I have nothing to do with this car. This is not my car (that I designed).

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Understand my a##, they must just buckle down and get the job done. Ferrari did...so....

Red Bull must do the interests of Red Bull, the problem for us is that Red Bull's interest is not just being part of F1 so that they can polish their brand, they sell soft drinks either their investment "makes sense" or they will walk away. IMHO the problem has been to become so reliant on a company whose business has nothing to do with the automotive sector

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Renault is saying their PU is this season more powerful than ever it has been. 

the works Renault doesn't look too shabby, and they seem to be improving race after race, maybe their engine is not just yet on a par with Mercedes but it's not too far off either

15 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

the works Renault doesn't look too shabby, and they seem to be improving race after race, maybe their engine is not just yet on a par with Mercedes but it's not too far off either

This is how I see it as well.

Sure is, it is just code from  Red Bull,
Change the rules AGAIN, so we CAN win.  It`s NOT fair, EVERYBODY else is doing better - even Mclaren-Honda are making
progress.

On 5/17/2017 at 7:07 PM, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Renault is openly upset with RBR (again). Speaking diplomatically, they are accusing RB from "not communicating accurately" where the problem is with the current car. 

Thursday 15 March at 07:35 : Mar.15 (GMM) Red Bull has Carlos Sainz waiting in the wings if talks with Daniel Ricciardo break down.

Situation suggests that DR might have excessive opinion about himself how valuable he is for his current organization. I am not suggesting he is a bad driver, but he is now #2 there and that's it. RB has attempted to do the same to Vettel in 2014 just to change the mood, but that one had enough sense to leave immediately as an opportunity arose. DR could replace Kimi as an equal partner to Seb next year, but latest rumor has it, that Kimi might not be done as yet, as I thought last year of him.