Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Bottas given 4 races to perform

8 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Another question mark would be , IF Bottas gets booted out of Merc, will he be welcomed back to Williams ?

After watching Wolff some odd three years plus, at the distance it seems out of his characters that he would put his client into such position (4 months probation). Thread title appears to me as a click-bait without providing a link to sources. The question you posed seems however legitimate what will happen towards end of this year, if Mercedes decides to make a change. Bottas has only one year contract (so I read somewhere). In speculative terms, as worst scenario, assumption is, that he would replace Massa, altho Massa might extend his stay again with Williams, if the car is good, and things might then get really complicated. Valtteri is riding high wire of which he can become someone, or just as quickly no one. That's a career he has chosen. End of this year however there will be some seats available, problem however is, would those be available to a driver who is not enough to drive for a front team? 

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Another question mark would be , IF Bottas gets booted out of Merc, will he be welcomed back to Williams ?

If he doesn' t performe during first 4 races, they will shoot him.

I guess the title of this article said that? and that article was on GPtoday !!

I've scanned a lot of articles, google it, yet came up empty handed in reference that Bottas is on 4 months probation.

- however -

Meeting different performance level Mercedes expects after inital integration is a different thing of what OP suggests (as I read it), and it is quite normal, but that doesn't means there will be boot waiting for Valtteri, if it takes longer.  In fact I think 4 months is quite generous.

5 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Bottas will not get the boot out of Merc, whoever came up with this stupid idea???

Check the thread title and I said 'IF' - an if isn't necessarily an idea. And even IF it's an idea, just because it's not yours doesn't mean it is stupid.

Anything is possible in F1 even a Rosberg retiring unexpectedly, Massa coming out of retirement after few weeks, etc. 

On 3/11/2017 at 9:51 AM, rodders47 said:

Does this mean that Bottas is maybe on a short contract or maybe a race by race contract ?  My bet is that Merc are still hanging out for Alonso who sure seems p**sED off with McLaren/Honda at the moment and as it has been written he was considered by merc early in the season.  

Yeah, I followed... from here it all went downhill. I mean... crazy!

23 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yeah, I followed... from here it all went downhill. I mean... crazy!

I've also failed to detect that Mercedes established "honeymoon" period for Bottas of four months, before they they start counting points against him (for later), and initially I thought claim is, that Bottas is on probation of 4 months, and then adios! Big misread on my part.

All good simple misinterpretation, of course bottas will have a trial period but I don't think it's necessary, I feel he will be on it right away and I feel he is more than capable of fighting lewis.

4 hours ago, Emmcee said:

All good simple misinterpretation, of course bottas will have a trial period but I don't think it's necessary, I feel he will be on it right away and I feel he is more than capable of fighting lewis.

Lovely stuff Emcee. Thats probably mostly what Toto meant I feel

Lewis is to quiet IMO like he feels he already has the measure of bottas. Just this arrogant vibe I get when I look at his latest images.