Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Race 1 Melbourne - “As the old saying goes, it is when lights go off the BS really stops.”

As media change tune, (vast bulk of) fans changes tune like synchronized swimming. Based on recent history I would sum what I get from comments on the internet as i) Mercedes cannot do wrong and they have and will use this big red button which gives them 0.5 sec when needed, ii) Newey is a César or the F1 and he will save a day for RBR, whereas iii) Ferrari is bunch of incompetent Italians, so who cares? 

We will need to see whether within framework of Lessons Learned Scuderia has a development plan in place. More accurately, I think they do have one, but is it good enough? Honda also miscalculated by betting on standstill Mercedes, however now they discovered Mercedes was actually a moving target. 

Ferrari don't understand race strategy to save their lives, so even if they have the fastest car, they'll step all over themselves.

Yep they threw away potentially three wins last season.

First improvement by new owners will come in effect this weekend already. From former, paddock accessible only to people who can afford genuine Rolex watches, to new, paddock for all people who can afford to buy only bootleg copies of Rolex watches. Undeniable progress. Next item on the improvement program - take it from rich, and give it to poor (I mean teams, of course). Do not touch owners share (about 1.5 BB annually, says Mr. E)!! I thought we live in capitalist society, said G. Haas, when he heard of that plan.

Not really sure what's the new car/package is gonna bring.

Will it bring excitement? Faster Speed? More car crashes than usual due to downforce in Overtaking?

I hope all of the above :cheers:

Ohh they will defiantly be faster, the fastest time at Barcelona set in testing was already three seconds faster than last years pole so they could possible get to the five second a lap faster prediction we all laughed at a few months back. I just hope we actually see drivers paying for mistakes by loosing the car more often.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

The race is (for me) in ungodly hour. Make it an evening event.

Ungodly hour... early morning...twilight.... noon.... I'll be watching.... BRING IT ON!!!

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

I am trying to keep my expectations in check, but failing at it miserably.

Don't give up yet Sakae^_^

4 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Ohh they will defiantly be faster, the fastest time at Barcelona set in testing was already three seconds faster than last years pole so they could possible get to the five second a lap faster prediction we all laughed at a few months back. I just hope we actually see drivers paying for mistakes by loosing the car more often.

I like your last sentence :P

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Ungodly hour... early morning...twilight.... noon.... I'll be watching.... BRING IT ON!!!

That's the REAL F1 fan spirit :ban_006:

I remember when I was a kid I saved up for the first set of infer red head phones so I could watch f1's late Sunday night or early Monday morning. Used to stuff a blanket along the bottom of the door as we had wooden floors I didn't want the reflection going under there door and waking up my mum who would go ape sh17 if she knew I was staying up on school nights to watch it. That's also my fondest memories.

On 3/15/2017 at 4:49 PM, Sakae said:

As media change tune, (vast bulk of) fans changes tune like synchronized swimming. Based on recent history I would sum what I get from comments on the internet as i) Mercedes cannot do wrong and they have and will use this big red button which gives them 0.5 sec when needed, ii) Newey is a César or the F1 and he will save a day for RBR, whereas iii) Ferrari is bunch of incompetent Italians, so who cares? 

We will need to see whether within framework of Lessons Learned Scuderia has a development plan in place. More accurately, I think they do have one, but is it good enough? Honda also miscalculated by betting on standstill Mercedes, however now they discovered Mercedes was actually a moving target. 

Sakae, 

Different topic, out of curiosity, your profile photo, is that Jenson ? 

44 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Sakae, 

Different topic, out of curiosity, your profile photo, is that Jenson ? 

Seb. 

Australia / Round 1

SESSION YOUR TIMELOCAL TIME
1st Free practice Fri 24 Mar 12:00 - 13:30
2nd Free practice Fri 24 Mar 16:00 - 17:30
3rd Free practice Sat 25 Mar 14:00 - 15:00
1st Qualifying Sat 25 Mar 17:00 - 17:18
2nd Qualifying Sat 25 Mar 17:25 - 17:40
3rd Qualifying Sat 25 Mar 17:48 - 18:00
Race Sun 26 Mar 16:00 - 18:00

AMuS - TP were requested to predict championship. (Ferrari did not participated in the survey).

Ergebnis der Teamchef-Umfrage vor der Formel-1-WM 2017:
01. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) - 208
02. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) - 153
03. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull) - 115
04. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) - 108
05. Max Verstappen (Red Bull) - 106
06. Kimi Räikkönen (Ferrari) - 102
07. Felipe Massa (Williams) - 46
08. Sergio Perez (Force India) - 24
09. Carlos Sainz (Toro Rosso) - 20
10. Nico Hülkenberg (Renault) - 9
11. Daniil Kwjat (Toro Rosso) - 5
12. Esteban Ocon (Force India) - 4
13. Romain Grosjean (Haas) - 3
14. Lance Stroll (Williams) - 2
14. Kevin Magnussen (Haas) - 2
16. Fernando Alonso (McLaren) - 1
16. Jolyon Palmer (Renault) - 1
18. Stoffel Vandoorne (McLaren) - 0
18. Marcus Ericsson (Sauber) - 0
18. Pascal Wehrlein (Sauber) - 0

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

:D

Beautiful couple!

Apparently expected their 2nd child!:D

His first wife was a Finnish beauty queen. Anything on what's the deal between teammates? Are they still buddies or something was awry?