Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Race 1 Melbourne - “As the old saying goes, it is when lights go off the BS really stops.”

half a second advantage by Hamilton doesn't look too good. 

I am hoping for a closer fight for the sake of the sport !

30 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Yes, for the sake of the sport, and more importantly, for sake of my sanity. 

:blink: mine as well :sick22:

Vettel has a good chance now that bottas is not upto speed. If he could qualify 2nd and get a good start , he could put lewis under pressure. It's not going to be an easy task but there is not much options right now. Mind you, bottas is not going to be slow all year. He is only going to improve as the season progresses. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Yes, for the sake of the sport, and more importantly, for sake of my sanity. 

The Mercs looks planted. Like it's running like it should for a practise session, with enough needed.

Ferrari looks loaded with fuel. VERY loaded

I am hoping Ferrari are experimenting with setup, and maybe a new aero-pieces, which would explain performance degradation. (Seb reported car was in imbalance).

So has anyone got the balls to make any conclusions yet? Merc followed by Ferrari and redbull? Still to early IMO.

19 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

So has anyone got the balls to make any conclusions yet? Merc followed by Ferrari and redbull? Still to early IMO.

Lol I wrote a longer point basically saying what you just said.. but my connection dropped out as I posted it and I lost it.. 

Still too early for me too.

5 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

The Mercs looks planted. Like it's running like it should for a practise session, with enough needed.

Ferrari looks loaded with fuel. VERY loaded

Where did you watch it? I have subscription to F1 (FOG) Live Timing, and it was less than adequate, expression I choose to stay polite.

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Where did you watch it? I have subscription to F1 (FOG) Live Timing, and it was less than adequate, expression I choose to stay polite.

You should know how good the Supersport coverage is. I'm on the premium package. This year they changed to Skysports tho, which seems to include bloody ads

9 hours ago, Unknown? said:

Lol I wrote a longer point basically saying what you just said.. but my connection dropped out as I posted it and I lost it.. 

Still too early for me too.

Well I saw an interview with Vettel and they asked him the same question "does your speed on testing so the pace of the car and the pecking order" and he said no not really its still to early to tell. 

We can safely say the pecking order has been established. From practise and testing. It's not rocket science folks. We are now looking forward to the differences in increments in speeds between the top teams.

This order can only be altered or changed unless something drastically happens

Ferrari normally run 'hard" on Fridays. I'm talking in general. It seems this was the case yesterday. Really looking forward to qualifying. If Merc can turn up that wick with engine modes

So, from Ted Kravitz's info... apparently Ferrari were running with detuned engine modes yesterday i.e. conservatively. Just as I have indicated 2 previous post above.

What we now are looking forward is qualifying, if Merc can still turn their wick up 

I am failing to understand Wehrlein's situation. He is reported to have doubts that he would last a one full race. OK, but that he was able to determine only now in FP3?

Will papa Stroll fund all those wrecks junior is leaving behind him on his path to glory?

Brad's Pecking order...

suspecting might have Merc 0,2 sec advantage over Ferrari, if not level. RBR  further 0,3 - 0,4 behind

Posted after first week of TESTING. YES TESTING. So if you find someone telling you testing really means nothing and it's all to early... please do me a favour and shoot that person!:D

I repeat...after first week of TESTING

Genius.

I am meanwhile paying for Live Timing, which is refusing to let me login. Very nice and decent of them.