Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Race 1 Melbourne - “As the old saying goes, it is when lights go off the BS really stops.”

What a brilliant lap by Vettel in the end to split he Mercedes. As for Ricciardo iam spewin but he had a go.

Gaps seems slightly oversized. I am disappointed for Seb, but it could be interesting tomorrow.

Barcelona wasn't too deceiving. People with problems still have them, etc. 

One of Laws of Success - stay away from unlucky people! Seb leaving RBR was in retrospect a lucky move. (Sorry for not holding back).

Is Vettel's position correct in this picture? It is sooo long when I bother to watch podium ceremony; thought P2 should be where Bottas stands.

f1-australian-gp-2017-polesitter-lewis-h

8 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Is Vettel's position correct in this picture? It is sooo long when I bother to watch podium ceremony; thought P2 should be where Bottas stands.

f1-australian-gp-2017-polesitter-lewis-h

Ja, should be to the right:lol:

Media are busy with headlines how Hamilton beat Vettel, so they do not mind where he stands, as long as it is not in the middle. Seb had some good starts in the past, and I am really happy to see Verstappen in safe distance.

Isn't Melbourne so called "Mercedes's track"?

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

I am failing to understand Wehrlein's situation. He is reported to have doubts that he would last a one full race. OK, but that he was able to determine only now in FP3?

it's very odd, altough I'm impressed with Giovinazzi's performance

I didn't manage to watch qualy, can anyone explain what happened to Magnussen and Palmer? Other than that Ferrari doesn't seem quite there with Mercedes (and Mercedes even changed their original suspension so they likely have something to play with their car that could widen the gap further), on a good day Vettel has the edge over Kimi, Bottas is slower than Hamilton (what a suprise!!!), Perez is always there despite what looks like an average car, the Honda engine is still embarassing (how long will they go on? they need some damage limitation asap, they can't go on like that, either they pull the plug or they have to outspend anyone else to try and come up with something half decent), all in all it seems that the situation hasn't changed dramatically since last year, but I really look forward to tomorrow's race, let's see if the new rules can deliver better racing (my big concern is that more downforce will result in more turbolent air for the car behind and when you factor in shorter braking distances the result could be less chances of overtaking, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong)

Arrivabene is not very happy with qualy results, for he believes the car is good for P1. Now we have to wait who takes the heat; drivers, or set up guys?

It certainly makes for a good start to the race, just hope Seb can get away and challenge Lewis or attest see a battle. Hope Ricciardo can push through to, and iam suprised no one mentioned how good alonso drove in qualifying in that mclaren that generated so much hate. I didn't mention it before as I wanted to prove my point iam not biased, but seems liked I've mentioned before, people can't tell it how it is like me no matter how real it is. Anyway great pace from bottas as well but seems to be atleast 3-5 tenths of a second gap between him and Lewis, be Intresting tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

it's very odd, altough I'm impressed with Giovinazzi's performance

I didn't manage to watch qualy, can anyone explain what happened to Magnussen and Palmer? Other than that Ferrari doesn't seem quite there with Mercedes (and Mercedes even changed their original suspension so they likely have something to play with their car that could widen the gap further), on a good day Vettel has the edge over Kimi, Bottas is slower than Hamilton (what a suprise!!!), Perez is always there despite what looks like an average car, the Honda engine is still embarassing (how long will they go on? they need some damage limitation asap, they can't go on like that, either they pull the plug or they have to outspend anyone else to try and come up with something half decent), all in all it seems that the situation hasn't changed dramatically since last year, but I really look forward to tomorrow's race, let's see if the new rules can deliver better racing (my big concern is that more downforce will result in more turbolent air for the car behind and when you factor in shorter braking distances the result could be less chances of overtaking, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong)

Ferrar was 0.8 sec behind in qualy last year?

Merc had to change suspension becoz it has basically been ILLEGAL. Maybe that helped with the qualifying boost?

Magnussen and Palmer. It was reported that the new rules would divide the men from the boys

Ah, hello all.

Alonso was good. Palmer was shocking. Lewis will win. Kimi will be second.

Enjoy the race.

Something about a 2008 spec rear wing.

etc.

Yeah I love the old school rear wing but not a fan of how the sides swells out, bit a1 gp'ish.

Ferrari is either continuing to control communications channels, or segment of media simply ignoring the team as a whole (as payback for gag orders in Barcelona). GP247 has avoided them in both, drivers and teams post-qualifying feedback.

1 hour ago, dribbler said:

Ah, hello all.

Alonso was good. Palmer was shocking. Lewis will win. Kimi will be second.

Enjoy the race.

Something about a 2008 spec rear wing.

etc.

Dribbler!!!!!

Hiya!!! How r u my friend? Good to see you, hope u going to stick around again

BTW, Andres still think Luizzi is the greatest ever F1 driver and that Alfonso  is a saint. We need to help

11 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Ferrari is either continuing to control communications channels, or segment of media simply ignoring the team as a whole (as payback for gag orders in Barcelona). GP247 has avoided them in both, drivers and teams post-qualifying feedback.

Lol. I love this

Is it too soon start talking about fog is slowly lifting up, and as a result of it we are noticing how boys are being separated from men?

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Merc had to change suspension becoz it has basically been ILLEGAL. Maybe that helped with the qualifying boost?

maybe that helped with the qualifying boost for Ferrari :lol: as soon as they get up to speed with the new suspension it might get a little bit tougher for Ferrari, anyway let's wait and see, I hope that the race is interesting, I expect some excitement from the RBR guys, and if Vettel runs into Hamilton then maybe Kimi can win the race.

thanks for your explanation on the issues that Palmer and Magnussen had to face, in a sense I wasn't holding my breath for Palmer but I thought that Magnuyssen was a competent driver (if probably not the best team player)

Always disappointing to see Kimi behind his teammate. Can't get used to that.

Good work Bottas, cool head Verstappen, remarkable Grosjean, a question mark over the Williams, and TR better than expected, particularly Sainz.

Ferrari better bring the race to the Mercedes. Hamilton looks solid.

14 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

maybe that helped with the qualifying boost for Ferrari :lol: as soon as they get up to speed with the new suspension it might get a little bit tougher for Ferrari, anyway let's wait and see, I hope that the race is interesting, I expect some excitement from the RBR guys, and if Vettel runs into Hamilton then maybe Kimi can win the race.

thanks for your explanation on the issues that Palmer and Magnussen had to face, in a sense I wasn't holding my breath for Palmer but I thought that Magnuyssen was a competent driver (if probably not the best team player)

Hehe

good to see u Publius

8 minutes ago, maure said:

Always disappointing to see Kimi behind his teammate. Can't get used to that.

Good work Bottas, cool head Verstappen, remarkable Grosjean, a question mark over the Williams, and TR better than expected, particularly Sainz.

Ferrari better bring the race to the Mercedes. Hamilton looks solid.

Kimi. The oldest driver on the grid who has lost some raw speed.

Vs

Vettel. The best driver on the grid.

Make sense to me he's going to be behind

44 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Dribbler!!!!!

Hiya!!! How r u my friend? Good to see you, hope u going to stick around again

BTW, Andres still think Luizzi is the greatest ever F1 driver and that Alfonso  is a saint. We need to help

Liuzzi is the best of all time.

1 hour ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Et Tu Brute?  B)

26 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Et Tu Brute?  B)

I guess that they are both in a fighting spirit, Hamilton lost (not very well IMHO) the WDC to his team mate at the last race, Vettel had a very poor 2016 because his Ferrari wasn't very good, they both have very strong reasons to try and win the race at any cost, I'm not sure if one of these two is going to lift his right foot should they get too close for comfort B)