Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Race 1 Melbourne - “As the old saying goes, it is when lights go off the BS really stops.”

I finally managed to watch qualy, it was interesting, the car seem like racing cars once again, pity about the fin and that TV aerial on the back on the Mercs

I thought that the Haas looked like a very well packaged car, I can't understand why Magnussen struggled so much. I also find it hard to understand why Palmer had to slow down so much at the apex of each corner, he looked like an old lady. I was also surprised by how stiff the front end of Stroll's car was: why did they do that? Massa's car was much more neutral :huh: Finally I was quite impressed by Giovinazzi: he had only driven the car this morning and he had never used ultra softs and he nearly beat his team mate! Ok beating Ericsson doesn't seem like an impossible task, but still Givinazzi IMHO drove well, pity he made a mistake at the end of his last lap. Other than that why they did not punish Massa for holding Perez back?

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Always. Vettel needs to get ahead

He has to and not just for his sake but for ours to. Would love to see Lewis's face after been genuinely beaten and not by his teammate. The question I want to know is, does that Ferrari have good race pace or is its best over the one lap? Can Vettel maintain that? I really hope the Ferrari has good solid race pace as well and qually wasn't a splash in the pan. The good thing is, is if Vettel gets ahead, Lewis is going to have to take him out to get past because Seb won't make it easy at all, can't wait, not to mention you got faster cars towards the rear of the top ten to.

I know about Giovinazzi only for last a day or two, however considering that he was not even thinking that he would be called up, and the way he handle himself, I would let him race whole season. This is a serious guy, IMO. I am curious.

Yeah but he has a better car than alonso and yet he qualified at the back while alonso "only qualified 13th" didn't you say? This is the attitude and hate iam talking about, double standards.

21 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Yeah but he has a better car than alonso and yet he qualified at the back while alonso "only qualified 13th" didn't you say? This is the attitude and hate iam talking about, double standards.

Who is that Alonso you speak off all the time? Is he also on the grid? I heard rumors, but never noticing anything of interest. <sad>

Took you that long to come up with that? THATS SAD, but similar to your posts most of the time.

2 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Nando made a sterling job, as usual, and I quite enjoy his radio calls too

3 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

I finally managed to watch qualy, it was interesting, the car seem like racing cars once again, pity about the fin and that TV aerial on the back on the Mercs

I thought that the Haas looked like a very well packaged car, I can't understand why Magnussen struggled so much. I also find it hard to understand why Palmer had to slow down so much at the apex of each corner, he looked like an old lady. I was also surprised by how stiff the front end of Stroll's car was: why did they do that? Massa's car was much more neutral :huh: Finally I was quite impressed by Giovinazzi: he had only driven the car this morning and he had never used ultra softs and he nearly beat his team mate! Ok beating Ericsson doesn't seem like an impossible task, but still Givinazzi IMHO drove well, pity he made a mistake at the end of his last lap. Other than that why they did not punish Massa for holding Perez back?

Yes. Very impressive

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

I know about Giovinazzi only for last a day or two, however considering that he was not even thinking that he would be called up, and the way he handle himself, I would let him race whole season. This is a serious guy, IMO. I am curious.

his first day in F1 was positive, I probably would let him race for the whole season, especially considering that Ericsson is a bit of a waste of space, Wehrlein and Giovinazzi would be a good line up for Sauber (pity they need the money and so Ericsson is bound to stay)

1 minute ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

his first day in F1 was positive, I probably would let him race for the whole season, especially considering that Ericsson is a bit of a waste of space, Wehrlein and Giovinazzi would be a good line up for Sauber (pity they need the money and so Ericsson is bound to stay)

Wehrlein has done some damage to his reputation this weekend. 64k question now is, whether he can recover from it. Some people have long memory.

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Wehrlein has done some damage to his reputation this weekend. 64k question now is, whether he can recover from it. Some people have long memory.

why? what has he done? I thought that his problem was that he didn't have enough time to get to the fitness level required by the current crop of cars due to the injuries that he sustained a few months ago

4 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

why? what has he done? I thought that his problem was that he didn't have enough time to get to the fitness level required by the current crop of cars due to the injuries that he sustained a few months ago

He did 100 plus laps in testing, but when it comes to actual race weekend, not sure if he will finish. Whats up with that?

4 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Some in paddock and in media weren't as kind as you are, Publius. 

" It appears he had some parts on the car which were not on Vandoorne’s car and the Belgian only had one run in Q1, which was somewhat compromised after a fuel pressure issue"

Chase Carey went to Harvard, thus one would think that he should know what exclusivity means to a business.

11 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Kimi. The oldest driver on the grid who has lost some raw speed.

Vs

Vettel. The best driver on the grid.

Make sense to me he's going to be behind

Not by a long shot but worth a chuckle.

Anyway, it sucks Kimi cannot beat a single teammate.

Lmao that was gold, Vettel best driver on the grid? Man some people think there's only two cars in f1 and there both red.

If Vettel or Bottas can take the lead off Lewis (First corner or pit stop, anywhere) then I'll be happy.

Anyone other than Lewis should win the race :1st:

Yeah great drive by Vettel, finally Ferrari get the strategy right. Good drive by alonso until the car gave up and Ricciardo got some webber type luck this weekend.