Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Race 1 Melbourne - “As the old saying goes, it is when lights go off the BS really stops.”

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

I am having difficulties with visualization how access blocking screens, secrecy over development, and supremely busy mechanics there will be paddock full of browsing bystanders trying to get in and conduct private interviews. Everything is today choreographed, topology of equipment worked out to the last square millimeter, and now they will get disruptive noises into well thought out routines? I can't see it happening any time soon as random events. Maybe hospitality lounges...

I'm sure the teams can invest $120,000,000 in researching how to adapt their processes. :P

Or hire IndyCar and NASCAR mechanics, who deal with this exact thing every time they race.

The best way to make new fans is the at-the-track experience, plain and simple.  People who don't "get it" on TV are more likely to "get it" in-person.  But that requires affordable tickets to get people to actually go, and that requires a good experience once there...which means access.  If protecting the teams' desires to run a secret, exclusive club comes before the end user's wish to enjoy their time at a Grand Prix, there's a problem.

Oh, by the way...I thought the race was good, even if "my guys" (Hamilton and Grosjean, if you ever wondered) didn't succeed.  My only complaint is that this era of regulations will at times be tough without refueling.  The whole field on a one-stopper is not going to allow for much position change on pitting—this first race had some, but now people will learn their lessons and catch on.

I am fine with few, but brilliant, overtakes, like we saw in Melbourne.  Some of my favorite F1 seasons had very limited overtaking.  But they all had strategy, and I fear that after the first few rounds, this era won't have much of that.

Still looking forward to safety car periods yielding standing restarts, though, and I think I'll enjoy the season in general if Mercedes and Ferrari remain close, or Red Bull develops to catch.

12 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Hamilton was mclaren a golden boy at the time with an immature alonso so no doubt it was harder for alonso there than it had to be. The trophies mean jack as its certain scenarios that put drivers in certain cars at certain times. No way is Hamilton or Vettel better. Those two are pretty close but alonso is still that one step above IMO, reguardless of what the trophies say.

LOL Easy Emm. You are becoming confrontational. You'll scare away people here.

If you say that trophy meant jack, then what are they all racing for ?  Isn't it that the champs make more money than the rest? Every time the 3 guys are in the podium they raise their trophy ? Or am I just confused ? 

Again, take it easy. This is just a forum for every member to say their opinion as we all have some. Not all the time our opinions are in the same page.

Let's enjoy F1 racing whoever we support :clap3: 

18 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

If I'm not mistaken that is what his fellow drivers think too, wasn't there some sort of poll last year among the drivers and the result was that overall they rate him as the best of there?

Pls guys don't take things out of context. Its an annual survey done by team principals and peers to establish the driver of the year. Its based on Alfonso's 2012 performance. Unfortunately that car was'nt as bad as it was made out by St Alfonso, no miracles there. Vettel won it the next year.

In general, you might find some drivers and F1 experts may rate St. Alfonso or Hamilton or Vettel as the best driver. Its based on biased opinions. Don't be fooled, cause Stats say otherwise. Currently Vettel is the best driver on the grid

Hamilton won 1 WDC in competitive environment, Kimi also 1, Alonso 2, Vettel 4. 

These are facts of this case, and muddy rhetoric will be not sufficient to change that.

56 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Pls guys don't take things out of context. Its an annual survey done by team principals and peers to establish the driver of the year. Its based on Alfonso's 2012 performance. Unfortunately that car was'nt as bad as it was made out by St Alfonso, no miracles there. Vettel won it the next year.

In general, you might find some drivers and F1 experts may rate St. Alfonso or Hamilton or Vettel as the best driver. Its based on biased opinions. Don't be fooled, cause Stats say otherwise. Currently Vettel is the best driver on the grid

Agree

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Hamilton won 1 WDC in competitive environment, Kimi also 1, Alonso 2, Vettel 4. 

These are facts of this case, and muddy rhetoric will be not sufficient to change that.

Vettel 4? In an OP Red Bull? 

No.

As any other driver who won their championships. We need to be more realistic and apply every other rhetoric we apply to Vettel to other drivers. This bulls##t has to stop

11 minutes ago, Unknown? said:

Vettel 4? In an OP Red Bull? 

No.

Until Dec 2013 teams could compete and change a lot on the car in the matter of weeks.

2014 onwards - new, untested and most complex technology in its first year under homologation, expanded development restrictions, new token system, etc. Those who got their design wrong were prevented from by regulatory measure from fixing what fixing required. Tinkering around edges was laughable. Mercedes was given a gift. Unplanned perhaps, however still a gift of protection from competition. That's how it ended up. 

There cannot be discussion whether such conditions were comparable to anything in the past in whole history of the F1.

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Until Dec 2013 teams could compete and change a lot on the car in the matter of weeks.

2014 onwards - new, untested and most complex technology in its first year under homologation, expanded development restrictions, new token system, etc. Those who got their design wrong were prevented from by regulatory measure from fixing what fixing required. Tinkering around edges was laughable. Mercedes was given a gift. Unplanned perhaps, however still a gift of protection from competition. That's how it ended up. 

There cannot be discussion whether such conditions were comparable to anything in the past in whole history of the F1.

I see. I thought your point was about the degree of difficulty and competition, which was why I questioned Seb's four.. But point taken Mercedes have aced the recent regulations which have kept the opposition at bay.

On 3/25/2017 at 9:13 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

Brad's Pecking order...

suspecting might have Merc 0,2 sec advantage over Ferrari, if not level. RBR  further 0,3 - 0,4 behind

Posted after first week of TESTING. YES TESTING. So if you find someone telling you testing really means nothing and it's all to early... please do me a favour and shoot that person!:D

I repeat...after first week of TESTING

Still no one has complimented me after my predictions, after howlings of "it's too early" to tell after first week of testing. What do I have to do to get some recognition in here?

On 3/14/2017 at 10:42 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

I had a dream. Sebastian Vettel won, followed by Hamilton then Kimi Raikkonen. Let it be dear Lord... let it be

Kimi, FFS!!!!! why did you drive like an old man... if it was'nt for that would've been right here too!

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Kimi, FFS!!!!! why did you drive like an old man... if it was'nt for that would've been right here too!

Kimi can bounce back in Shanghai, I would not tcount him out yet.

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Kimi seems to be not entirely comfortable with that car compared to Seb on race day, or how he - Kimi - felt about it in Barcelona. Whole weekend, I gather based on comparative data to his teammate, something bothered him.

8 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Still no one has complimented me after my predictions, after howlings of "it's too early" to tell after first week of testing. What do I have to do to get some recognition in here?

But it doesn't mate, we have another two circuits coming that are totally different in character than Melbourne. If Mercedes or Ferrari hold the same advantage THEN it will be clear as the speed is there over a variety of different circuits. Mercedes have admitted Ferrari were faster, Ferrari saying Mercedes was faster and redbull has a very aggressive and nimble car that will keep up with Mercedes and Ferrari just need to sort out some issues. So if I can't get any recognition around here for the amount of times I've been right. Heck I've even had others so embarrassed to admit they were wrong, then spin it on me by saying it was them who said what I said to begin with, like playing mind games in failure to admit they were wrong. Still no pecking order brad that can be classified as 100% wether you like it or not. Got to get a few variety of circuits out of the way first to see who is averagely a cross the board better, that's why they always say race 3,4,5 is where it is all sorted by and it's always been this way so it won't change now and defiantly not with new regs unless one teams advantage is so huge like Mercedes they last couple years.

7 hours ago, Emmcee said:

But it doesn't mate, we have another two circuits coming that are totally different in character than Melbourne. If Mercedes or Ferrari hold the same advantage THEN it will be clear as the speed is there over a variety of different circuits. Mercedes have admitted Ferrari were faster, Ferrari saying Mercedes was faster and redbull has a very aggressive and nimble car that will keep up with Mercedes and Ferrari just need to sort out some issues. So if I can't get any recognition around here for the amount of times I've been right. Heck I've even had others so embarrassed to admit they were wrong, then spin it on me by saying it was them who said what I said to begin with, like playing mind games in failure to admit they were wrong. Still no pecking order brad that can be classified as 100% wether you like it or not. Got to get a few variety of circuits out of the way first to see who is averagely a cross the board better, that's why they always say race 3,4,5 is where it is all sorted by and it's always been this way so it won't change now and defiantly not with new regs unless one teams advantage is so huge like Mercedes they last couple years.

Ok. So let me get this straight. Believe it or not, you are actually insinuating that we are actually living in an alternative matrix-type universe where the law of reason simply can't be trusted. It's all a bad dream. Its not actually Merc and Ferrari who is ahead, actually RBR is just as quick as them, despite BOTH RBR drivers admitting they are behind. But RBR actually has a nimble car so they are on equal terms, they just need to unlock their speed. We must wait TILL RBR catches up then we will have a pecking order. My pecking order were based on where the top teams were and are standing based on Barcelona testing, to prove we can actually predict pecking orders from testing. It's CURRENT, of course it can change as teams develop their cars. Its not based when teams are catching up. The current pecking order should be discarded to prove I'm wrong and you are right.

Its becoming quite clear why we having such issues with your debates. YOu are ALWAYS RIGHT. To prove your point you will go to such lenghts to post drivel such as this.

No mate the issue and issues are you claim iam doing this and that, then you go and do it, you claim your not biased yet as far as your concerned there's only two red cars in f1. You claim alonso is a bad driver and says this and that, yet you must be watching f1 with a blind fold on and ear plugs in if you haven't seen or heard others do the same. My intention might have come across wrong as saying there's no pecking order. It has shown us who CAN be fastest but to say "this is how it will be" after one race is insane. until you stop being so transparently biased like Sakae (funny, both Ferrari fans and both kimi and Seb fans, explains a lot on the other forum iam on to, pattern developing lol) and have the balls to call it how it is and not let personal hate get in the way of even mentioning a drivers good result, then we might get along but until then, it's like trying to have a conversation with a garlic clove.

9 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

No mate the issue and issues are you claim iam doing this and that, then you go and do it, you claim your not biased yet as far as your concerned there's only two red cars in f1. You claim alonso is a bad driver and says this and that, yet you must be watching f1 with a blind fold on and ear plugs in if you haven't seen or heard others do the same. My intention might have come across wrong as saying there's no pecking order. It has shown us who CAN be fastest but to say "this is how it will be" after one race is insane. until you stop being so transparently biased like Sakae (funny, both Ferrari fans and both kimi and Seb fans, explains a lot on the other forum iam on to, pattern developing lol) and have the balls to call it how it is and not let personal hate get in the way of even mentioning a drivers good result, then we might get along but until then, it's like trying to have a conversation with a garlic clove.

When did I claim St. Alfonso is a bad driver, or that ole Stoffel will walk all over St. Alfonso, as you claimed in another post?

It's amazing how you can take things I say so out of context

This is what iam talking about, I never once said vandoorne would beat alonso. And you saying he wasn't a bad driver, hmmm funny you say I take things out of context coming from the person who claims assumption as 100% proof.

Dude please man... Are u ok?

1. When did I say Alonso is a bad driver? There are levels of rating... Bad...good..great etc. Show me a post where I said Alonso is a bad driver.

2. You claimed, in a post that I read, there were suggestions made by that Stoffel will walk over Alonso, it's not you that said it, you claimed it was said. I need to find that post when I have time, if you did'nt edit it

Yeah alright man, your right dude, sheesh, as for the vandoorne quote, yes I was simply quoting something I found, I didn't say it myself and then say someone else did like some do here just so I wasn't wrong.

It took a while, but smart people, while experiencing digestive problems, figured all out why Hamilton lost. Vettel (and Ferrari) didn't win last race because they performed well, but because MB just gifted win to them to create falsehood perception, that there is convergence and competitive environment (for a change).

I say - Nice, and Thank You. Lets do this again soon.

TW-634x500.jpg

Lol but in all seriousnous toto said no matter what strategy they would've gone with, they wouldn't have beaten Seb and Ferrari, he said they were just to fast. If you watch this interview, he admits defeat.

This is shocking interview. Symonds, Lowe and Allison defined tires for the teams of F1..? WTF! It's have been always like that. No plan, just "somebody" talk to his buddy Hemberly and we had f**** disaster next season. I know Ecclestone has done it, Whitmarsh has done it, and whoever else thought in his arrogance that he is running the show.