Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Race 1 Melbourne - “As the old saying goes, it is when lights go off the BS really stops.”

9 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Conclusions on the right side of the graph. :D Good signs indeed

It was so small on my screen, I did't see it.

27 minutes ago, Sakae said:

It was so small on my screen, I did't see it.

It was discussed here on the forums, nice to see it in graph form tho. Sky went into great detail about it after the race..

20 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Well apparently the word going around is that the Mercedes suffers more than the likes of Ferrari when following another car. Idk how true it is but I know toto Wolff was asked the question and he steered away from it. Still you would think with the fresher tyres he had on compared to verstappens, the Drs, the tow and the suposide extra 30+hp that Mercedes has over Renault would over power any issue that claims passing a slower car is difficult,well that's what I thought anyway. 

55 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

lol... it's the largest one they had:lol:

Thanks. Saved me the trip to optometist B) 

Words for posterity:

"Vettel's victory in Australia was important for Formula 1," the Frenchman (J. Todt) added. "Because it means Mercedes finally has an opponent."

Words that place Hamilton's victories in last three years into a unique perspective (as I thought).

Mercedes are terryfied IMO. They didn't loose due to poor implemented strategy or luck or whatever. They lost on outright pace and nothing they could've done would've changed the result. I think THAT is what scares them.

MERCEDES: IF VERSTAPPEN STOPPED ONE LAP EARLIER WE WOULD HAVE WON

IF, IF, IF... Sheeez, race is behind us, why not accept it, and move on? They will walk around for so long, until stone sheds some tears for them. It seems to me rather poor show to blame Verstappen on what happened.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2017/03/29/mercedes-if-verstappen-stopped-one-lap-earlier-we-would-have-won/

Well, maybe this, or maybe that, but reality is, MB car ended up in P2. That's how cookie crumbles. Live with that, FFS.  It takes a lot of guts to assume that Vettel and Ferrari will just sit idly and what proceedings with their hands in the pocket. Verstappen in the play helped, but Vettel would have to and could react differently (as he said) had RB wasn't there. Ferrari denied that RB was the only determinant that influenced outcome of the race.

Where you find that quite Sakae? I've seen toto say himself in the interview link I posted in one of the threads that it didn't matter when they stopped, they still would've lost as Ferrari were simply faster.

9 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Mercedes are terryfied IMO. They didn't loose due to poor implemented strategy or luck or whatever. They lost on outright pace and nothing they could've done would've changed the result. I think THAT is what scares them.

Do you guys think there's come Panic mood going on at Merc?

The feeling I get is that Mercedes knew Ferrari would be competitive but felt they still held the upper hand and seemed to extremely underestimate Ferrari.