Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Alonso Moving On

Downwards, him I thought  he brought Renault up not once but twice, finished 2nd in the championship in 3 out of 5 seasons with Ferrari. Something Seb and kimi have failed to yet achieve. He was the only man to actually beat Schumacher and take his world title of him. No other driver has done that. He was extremely quick last season and even more so towards the end. You like stats so there's some stats fo yo a$$. Don't let personal hate get in the way of judging a drivers results and talent, he burnt button last season.

A little bird at Viry-Chatillon told me that a Monsieur Boulliez had been enquiring as to the availability of donkeys for his ailing team. Further, rumours are afoot the Jenson has been running up a B chassis with a concept Cosworth hybrid driveline unit [developed with Ford for niche markets] in the back on the sim at Woking. I think Honda will walk within six weeks having cut McLaren a hefty cheque. It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Woking will field will fire up any half-decent lash-up rather than cause themselves and Honda further embarrassment with the offspring of Dennis's ill-conceived marriage. 

I find suggestion that Honda will pull out quite plausible for reasons stated on previous pages.

It was Arab ownership which contacted Mercedes in Germany.

However, then we get this...

We stay committed.

On 3/16/2017 at 11:06 PM, jackgarrett said:

why all the focus on Alonso, is it because he's a way better driver than the car or He is in McLaren?

This topic is about Alonso moving on from McLaren NOT about McLaren or Honda. Sure they pay him but isn't working for him. He is the best driver in the world in the worst car.  If I managed him he would have been out of there long before now. Dennis sold him a dud, end of. Why Honda can't get it right is a puzzle but then so is their management structure. One impacts the other. It's nonsense. Alonso has a contract for WEC next year. Personally, I think Renault may woo him back and JB will win the WDC with a Honda-badged Cosworth.

What's wrong with Honda's management structure?

This is what Alonso said in Sep 2015 (BBC wrote):

"No-one should have any doubt that I have three years with McLaren and my career in F1 will end with this team, hopefully winning everything."

Alonso should just quit already.

Stop telling your friend Weber that you want to quit etc etc.

Be a man and face everyone involved and say what you want - Quit if U want  and find another team that is willing to give you that bloated salary !

I'm sick of this whining Alonso ! Stop hinting and rumoring - Quit already !

Rosberg quit immediately soon as he wanted so and did not whine around like a freaking Pvssy like Alonso ! 

Webber hints Alonso could be about to quit McLaren

Oh boy, just wait for tsunami when Mr. E wakes up and reads what would said about St. Hadufuns.

LOL I'm fine whenI say what I feel. It's just forum and I don't take anything personal. Besides, I say things to Alonso or Hamilton and not intended to any member of this forum.

There are many other younger drivers that deserves a ride in F1 or McLaren that will not b1tch or complain even when they are over paid.

I just can't see how people here can disagree with with drivers and paddock staff who know alonso better than any of us but hey, some think they know it all.

6 hours ago, radical-one said:

Alonso should just quit already.

Stop telling your friend Weber that you want to quit etc etc.

Be a man and face everyone involved and say what you want - Quit if U want  and find another team that is willing to give you that bloated salary !

I'm sick of this whining Alonso ! Stop hinting and rumoring - Quit already !

Rosberg quit immediately soon as he wanted so and did not whine around like a freaking Pvssy like Alonso ! 

Webber hints Alonso could be about to quit McLaren

Absolutely.

And more so after a race like last one when Alonso again finished behind his teammate. It's 2007, and every single season since, all over again.

Subtle sarcasm - if any - is lost on me, but I do agree with radical. Level of dissatisfaction has been made clear more than once, we all get it, and at some point a pot full of complains is overflowing. It's time to either keep quiet and wait, or leave if you can't take it anymore. Everyone is replaceable.

Alonso might not see out season with McLaren - Webber

I don't think he's whinging to much as his attitude and the way it comes across is still not aggressive yet. Frustration? Yes, and I think it's because he also has so much hinging on this season. He already told us he would go if the car wasn't quick and it's not. 

10 hours ago, Sakae said:

Subtle sarcasm - if any - is lost on me, but I do agree with radical. Level of dissatisfaction has been made clear more than once, we all get it, and at some point a pot full of complains is overflowing. It's time to either keep quiet and wait, or leave if you can't take it anymore. Everyone is replaceable.

Alonso might not see out season with McLaren - Webber

100% my point Sakae.

Put up or shut up. Particularly if he's paid more than everyone else, what is there to complain? Heck a lot of people in Honda put in so many hours for meager salary and they are all in the same boat but never whine. Heck Japan as a whole is frustrated too and can(t wait to see Honda succeed , but you won't see bashing on TV or Honda guys back stabbing honda. UNACCEPTABLE ! 

As I pointed out before, in Japan, you are some worthless junk if you talk badly about your employer (particularly if you are still getting paid there), It's not morally accepted. That's why a lot of Japanese fans hates Alonso these days.

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

As I pointed out before, in Japan, you are some worthless junk if you talk badly about your employer (particularly if you are still getting paid there), It's not morally accepted. That's why a lot of Japanese fans hates Alonso these days.

to my knowledge Alonso is employed by McLaren and the execs of McLaren are much more critial of Honda than Alonso is. On top of that Honda itself had to admit that their engine was no good. So blaming Alonso for saying what everyone else involved in this matter is saying seems rather bizarre to me. Alonso seems to be the ideal scapegoat.

PS as an Italian I wouldn't be offended if Ferrari came up with a liusy car and people talked about it, on the contrary I have often been very critical of them, if the good people of Honda don't take criticism kindly they should work hard and come up with an half decent product, blaming other people for their failures doesn't strike me as very sensible

14 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

to my knowledge Alonso is employed by McLaren ...

It is worth to mention...

Honda is contributing 50% of this driver's paycheck. That information is in public domain for a while. Moreover Honda is - according to the same source - supplying engines free of charge. I am failing to recall whether 100 MM per season Honda is giving to McLaren is on the top of gifts, or includes earlier items.

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

100% my point Sakae.

Put up or shut up. Particularly if he's paid more than everyone else, what is there to complain? Heck a lot of people in Honda put in so many hours for meager salary and they are all in the same boat but never whine. Heck Japan as a whole is frustrated too and can(t wait to see Honda succeed , but you won't see bashing on TV or Honda guys back stabbing honda. UNACCEPTABLE ! 

You don't think the way Seb was talking about the team last year wasn't as bad? So what if he says there slow? Heaps of drivers say the weren't fast enough.

4 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

You don't think the way Seb was talking about the team last year wasn't as bad? So what if he says there slow? Heaps of drivers say the weren't fast enough.

I didn't see Vettel sitting on a patio chair next to race track in view of global audience while a race was on, just to demonstrate his displeasure. Did you?

28 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

to my knowledge Alonso is employed by McLaren and the execs of McLaren are much more critial of Honda than Alonso is. On top of that Honda itself had to admit that their engine was no good. So blaming Alonso for saying what everyone else involved in this matter is saying seems rather bizarre to me. Alonso seems to be the ideal scapegoat.

PS as an Italian I wouldn't be offended if Ferrari came up with a liusy car and people talked about it, on the contrary I have often been very critical of them, if the good people of Honda don't take criticism kindly they should work hard and come up with an half decent product, blaming other people for their failures doesn't strike me as very sensible

True... however

Don't bite the hand that feeds you! Never ever! With comments and threats of leaving when you're in a position where you earn the highest salary on the grid. Honda wanted a big name to reboot coming back into F1, and sure enough, as St.Alfonso was let by Ferrari, he could demand a nr1 clause while he can play his political games. So much for the claim of starting a new project from the ground up, it takes time.....it's now turned into Project Mclaren Disaster. Quite fitting

55 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Honda McLaren, what's the difference. It's Honda who's funding McLaren or feeding them all.  

Bottom line an employee shouldn't trash his employer particularly when you are the highest paid,

27 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

True... however

Don't bite the hand that feeds you! Never ever! With comments and threats of leaving when you're in a position where you earn the highest salary on the grid. Honda wanted a big name to reboot coming back into F1, and sure enough, as St.Alfonso was let by Ferrari, he could demand a nr1 clause while he can play his political games. So much for the claim of starting a new project from the ground up, it takes time.....it's now turned into Project Mclaren Disaster. Quite fitting

Exactly. 

Japanese hates his trash talking about the very company who overpays him.

If he really is unhappy -LEAVE !

He isn't very welcome for Suzuka this season so he better leave now !

Bad manners are bad manners. Alonso expressed his admiration of samurai principles. As I am reading and wading through this lively debate, it has occurred to me if Alonso is familiar with, and knows what seppuku ritual is? Well, samurai...

56 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Honda McLaren, what's the difference. It's Honda who's funding McLaren or feeding them all.  

Bottom line an employee shouldn't trash his employer particularly when you are the highest paid,

the difference between criticising McLaren and criticising Honda is the difference between criticising your employer or criticising a supplier of your employer, the difference is quite substantial. 

And if Honda's management say exactly the same things that Alonso is saying, if anyone working for McLaren are saying much harsher things than what Alonso is saying, why should Alonso keep quiet?

He has duly performed his obligations, and some more, the defaulting party in that relationship isn't Alonso. And if they don't like him why don't they hire another driver? who's willing to torpedo his career for the glory of Honda? any names?

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Exactly. 

Japanese hates his trash talking about the very company who overpays him.

If he really is unhappy -LEAVE !

He isn't very welcome for Suzuka this season so he better leave now !

what about McLAren? are they welcome at Suzuka this year?

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35960.html

guys let's get real, Alonso is the least of Honda's problems, and as a matter of fact he's one of the least critical with the company, if Honda couldn't come up with anything half decent in 3 whole years it's not Alonso's fault, blaming him just helps hiding the real problems. If his car is as fast as a GP2 car what is he supposed to say? "it's a great car and I'm holding back so that fans can have something to talk about in F1 forums?" :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

what about McLAren? are they welcome at Suzuka this year?

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35960.html

guys let's get real, Alonso is the least of Honda's problems, and as a matter of fact he's one of the least critical with the company, if Honda couldn't come up with anything half decent in 3 whole years it's not Alonso's fault, blaming him just helps hiding the real problems. If his car is as fast as a GP2 car what is he supposed to say? "it's a great car and I'm holding back so that fans can have something to talk about in F1 forums?" :rolleyes:

And as I said few post earlier, it does'nt help bagging the engine partner in public and threatening to leave either. It's adding fuel to fire in an already delicate situation