Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Alonso Moving On

Alonso's crash in Barcelona was never explained, and it may very well be, because causes behind it until today weren't properly understood. Whilst I am aware that since then he underwent series of various medical examinations, neurological tests among them, yet I am really not convinced that he should be driving on ovals and test his body at the limit in this manner. Doctors will not tell him that he is absolutely healthy. They will merely confirm, within confines of their knowledge they did not find anything wrong with him.  It's his decision, but at this stage of his life he doesn't has to do that.

Interestingly enough, Monte Carlo race is most likely the only event in which McLaren could collect some points this year, thus for the goodness of the team, it would be a good decision to return a favor for all that money drivers are paid, but as customary with some people, personal interest is a King, and that's all what matters.

HORNER: I THINK ALONSO NEEDS TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST

It appears that Horner on rare occasions inadvertently says also something smart, altho in this case his recommendation should include more names.

C9ZVFAyXUAAs_j2.jpg

Er... sorry Christian, which of us needs to see a psychiatrist?!

“The first talks between Alonso’s manager Luis Garcia Abad and Renault Motorsport chief Cyril Abiteboul took place behind closed doors in the hospitality area of the French team on Saturday morning [in Bahrain],” the report added.

Marc Gene and the other commentators from Sky Sport Italy durining the race yesterday said that on Saturday there was a massive argument between Alonso and Honda's management, with both sides shouting at each other. They say that they fear that Alonso won't come back to McLaren after Indy

35 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Marc Gene and the other commentators from Sky Sport Italy durining the race yesterday said that on Saturday there was a massive argument between Alonso and Honda's management, with both sides shouting at each other. They say that they fear that Alonso won't come back to McLaren after Indy

Well, he stated on couple of occasions that he will fulfill his contractual obligation. Is Gene suggesting we should not believe what we hear from him? I do recall he had one (similar) shouting event in Japan couple of years back with Mattiacci. That one didn't end up well.

24 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Well, he stated on couple of occasions that he will fulfill his contractual obligation. Is Gene suggesting we should not believe what we hear from him? I do recall he had one (similar) shouting event in Japan couple of years back with Mattiacci. That one didn't end up well.

their argument was that they fear that it's going to be a divorce welcomed by both sides, I frankly don't know, in fairness I think that sokldiering on with McLaren this season won't do any harm to Nando's reputation, especially if he drives like he did yesterday. furthermore, suppose that all of a sudden Honda can fix something in their PU and they manage to finish some race and Button picks up some points, it wouldn't look great on Alonso's abilities. I personally think that he should honour his contract and then move to Renault (who seem to be on the right path to a competitive future)

Why would Jérôme Stoll made the same mistake McLaren committed? You get loud driver on your payroll, and next morning you are laughing stock in the paddock with negatives all over the printed news. Thanks, but no thanks. Renault is not ready for Vettel, Hamilton or alike. Not this, or next year.

On 4/14/2017 at 2:45 PM, Sakae said:

@rodders47 WHY does everyone think that Alonso is so GREAT ????

Not everyone does. There is a lot of narrow thinking around some of the commonly uses of yardsticks for greatness. Moreover, Alonso wears underwear made of teflon. Unbeatable combination.

And we all know nothing sticks to teflon , even S--))(*%$T :-)