Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Honda

47 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Re:No one knows what Cosworth really has, that's a fact.

>Indeed, it`s all speculation because nobody is powered by Cosworth.
But nobody knew what Brawn GP had - turned out to be a double diffuser
Chasis I know - not the PU. BUT the power of the unknown IS
Unknown
The amount of investment by Honda,  so far - with little ...
Such a small entity could provide the answer!!

Ok let me give you some history on Honda and f1. Brawn turned up you say? Lmao, you do know brawn was Honda? Honda spent 3 years developing that car until the GFC forced them out of f1 and leave behind a car ready to dominate f1 as a fully built Honda car. Pulled out and cars went for sale to brawn who brought the entire racing team for one British pound, yes one pound. Dropped a Mercedes in the back and it was a match made in heaven. So technically the double diffuser matter of fact that entire title winning car and team was Honda, there's some stats fo yo a$$.

Relentless, impatient pounding.

When you invited Honda back to the snake pit, are you suggesting that someone from McLaren hasn't done his homework and made no allowances for Japanese to be Japanese and work like Japanese? Weird. Get Dennis right now, and start pounding his head against the wall, and had he left country and hiding somewhere in SA, then pound your head instead, Eric.

To let Dennis go was brain dead IMO, this man was one of the main reasons mclaren has had the success they have had and with Honda.

More divorce talks? Headlines suggest there are ongoing negotiations Honda is reportedly conducting with Sauber (which would make sense for Sauber IMO), and some double talk from our hero Alonso that we will not see him...(suffer for whole season in thirteen place?)

I say Honda and McLaren will terminate their agreement within 48 hrs. They will sit out some races while they mod the chassis for last year's Mercedes. Alonso will leave and Button will return to develop the lash up ready for 2018. Nando will probably return or end up at Renault for 2018. He will do Le Mans. That is my best guess.

Wowowowo... Now that's what I call genuine shocker news (if it happen, and I have no reason to dispute that). 

"I can see it happening that Alonso does not complete the season. He is very frustrated," added Webber. "Fernando is not here for 6th or 7th places. He's not interested in points. He wants to fight for the podium," Webber insisted

since when does anyone here listen to webber? When it suits them? But but I thought he was alonsos friend so everything he says is biased. You guys are a joke.

I can see that McLaren may have to terminate their agreement with Honda. I heard that Honda may switch to Sauber who in dire need of an engine.

5 hours ago, radical-one said:

I can see that McLaren may have to terminate their agreement with Honda. I heard that Honda may switch to Sauber who in dire need of an engine.

Boullier:

He added: “From here we'll return to Woking and Sakura, where our development work will continue with relentless intensity, with regard to chassis and power unit alike, in an effort to improve MCL32 for the Shanghai-Bahrain double-header in a fortnight's time.

Any changes along-way as suggested in the earlier post seems either pretty much under the lid, or it is not going to happen. Not in next 24 hours anyway.

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Boullier:

Interesting.

At least 2017 has proper drama going on and not too boring right Sakae?

1 minute ago, radical-one said:

Interesting.

At least 2017 has proper drama going on and not too boring right Sakae?

B)

15 hours ago, Emmcee said:

since when does anyone here listen to webber? When it suits them? But but I thought he was alonsos friend so everything he says is biased. You guys are a joke.

We are in good company then

I think it's bs, people here argue points and then when the opposite happens, try to spin it around to say the other person was saying what they were saying and vice versa. Remember the arguments when I said a pecking won't be truly set until 3/4 race in? Now some that were heavily disagreeing with me now say the same.

Sounds to me that there is some deadline for Honda, and should McLaren continue to complain, Mercedes will be back as a supplier. How McLaren will finance their life after Honda is a pretty good question, should that come into reality, and Honda will move to Sauber with all their money. Owners will have to pony some cash, I guess.

23 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sounds to me that there is some deadline for Honda, and should McLaren continue to complain, Mercedes will be back as a supplier. How McLaren will finance their life after Honda is a pretty good question, should that come into reality, and Honda will move to Sauber with all their money. Owners will have to pony some cash, I guess.

Plus, Who is there to say that McLaren's chassis is up to parr?

Sure they can put a Merc Engine in there but will their chassis hold up, let alone perform the level of say RB or Williams at the least?

They may end up jumping out of the frying pan to the fire.

You make a good point, even if they started fresh with a Mercedes engine, all aspects of the car have been designed with Honda in mind. Will take a while to sort it out.

Honda are OBVIOUSLY having difficulties with their Turbo, ERS ...
Here is a thought, why not use JB`s WDC WINNING PU.

They are running LAST anyway NOW, what have they got to lose!!

Ahh because 2009 they weren't hybrid turbos like today.

Then what benefit is there on having it? You do realise that the 2009 brawn was really a Honda with a Merc engine and a boring paint scheme. Hondas issue is they shouldn't have left if only to return to the sport a few years later.

It IS about interpretation of the rules.
The rules do NOT define that a turbo HAS to be used!!!

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Lol. Works for me. Till they fix that bloody engine and boot it in

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Lmao, show me where this is. Iam sure many would go naturally aspirated if they had free reign to do as they please. But the rules state that it must be a 1.5l v6 hybrid turbocharged power unit.