Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Honda

Re:

Lap count 175 in two days - almost 3 race distances

> I ALMOST WON THE LOTTERY, FACT
However, I did NOT buy a ticket
U HAVE got 2 B in IT, 2 WIN IT

I am NOT a fan of Honda, but - they (Honda) HAVE a good a chance as ANYBODY else.
I AM  a Mclaren FAN - McLaren GAVE Honda LOT`S of chances.
HOWEVER Honda,  NEVER capitalised on the OPPORTUNITY.

I wish GOOD LUCK to Honda, and BETTER luck to McLaren Renault

Monday 5 March at 06:35 : Mar.5 (GMM) Former F1 engineer Joan Villadelprat wonders if McLaren was right to have dumped Honda.

Already last week, when Honda's new works partner Toro Rosso topped the mileage charts in Barcelona, driver Brendon Hartley said McLaren's decision may have been a "mistake".

And now, Spanish former F1 engineer Villadelprat also doubts the wisdom of McLaren's Honda axe.

"I already had reservations last year and I still do," he told Marca.

"I thought it was a hasty change and that they would miss all the advantages. As a customer you always have limitations, especially it seems when you are with Renault.

"I think French pride will drive them to very much want to beat them (McLaren)," said Villadelprat, who worked for McLaren, Ferrari, Benetton and Prost.

He continued: "I think the McLaren is a very developed car aerodynamically, but as the year progresses, Renault will move ahead.

"They are not investing all of that money from Paris without their own ambitions."

Villadelprat said all McLaren and Fernando Alonso can realistically hope for, therefore, is fourth place behind F1's existing top three teams.

"I do not doubt that Fernando will do podiums, but further than that I think will be very difficult," he added.

And he thinks that with a more reliable and powerful Honda engine, Toro Rosso could be a surprise of 2018.

"I do not rule out that they will be together with Renault and McLaren. I know very well that they fit perfectly with Honda and they want the project to work, as does Red Bull.

"I'm sure they (Red Bull) will take that engine in 2019 and will help in every way to develop it. Honda's potential is enormous if someone helps them to channel it," Villadelprat added.

The Honda is currently in FRONT of the Mclaren powered by Renault.
Put THAT in UR pipe Mr Alonso !!!
That GP2 engine IS FASTER than SVD`s Renault powered McLaren
Are the guy`s in Woking watching !!

GOOD JOB HONDA !!!!

The KARMA is at the McLaren Pits and Alonso's ArmPIT ! :roll:

One word for Honda - IMPRESSIVE !!!

A Vindication ! :clap3:

As a general comment aimed to no particular person, we should not be repeating the same type of mistake. Last year there was a lot of unpleasant language directed at Honda, now the same against Renault, and very little, if anything against vehicle engineering. If my memory serves me, I recall that decision to switch PU supplier was made in relative terms quite late last year IMHO, and most likely past the comfortable deadline date. No surprise than there was obviously some work done quite hastily. McLaren management prepared a meal, and now they are eating it.

Alonso is currently the 2nd fastest with 1m17.784s, I seriously wonder if you took some time to check what was happening on track

Toro Rosso, I team that I honestly like better than McLaren, has set a fastest time of 1m18.949s

I'm glad that Honda is doing better, even though it's still the last of the engine manufacturers (in case someone didn't notice that...), but implying that all the DNFs that McLaren suffered last year were McLaren's fault and not Honda's fault is plain childish

“It is true that we have gone through a very tough situation now and nobody was satisfied... especially the board,” Katsuhide Moriyama, Honda’s chief officer brand and communication, told reporters at the Singapore Grand Prix.

“It is our goal to overcome this tough challenge and get back to fighting with the frontrunners of the sport.

“Our spirit, Honda’s spirit, is going to come back and for next year our goal is to fight for the top three at the front of the grid.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-motor-f1-singapore-honda/honda-set-top-three-goal-with-new-partner-toro-rosso-idUKKCN1BQ2NX

I will just put this here. ?

5 hours ago, Caesar said:

“It is true that we have gone through a very tough situation now and nobody was satisfied... especially the board,” Katsuhide Moriyama, Honda’s chief officer brand and communication, told reporters at the Singapore Grand Prix.

“It is our goal to overcome this tough challenge and get back to fighting with the frontrunners of the sport.

“Our spirit, Honda’s spirit, is going to come back and for next year our goal is to fight for the top three at the front of the grid.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-motor-f1-singapore-honda/honda-set-top-three-goal-with-new-partner-toro-rosso-idUKKCN1BQ2NX

I will just put this here. ?

So the haters were completely and comically wrong. What else is new. They are haters. It is what they do. They hallucinate. Just look at them now glitching because not a thing they madly ranted on and on about has come to pass... ever.

You reckon your post is gonna make these poor souls reconsider? Come on. They lost their minds years ago. There is no getting to them.

I say shrug.

Let the Honda issue go. There is no point in doing anything other than wishing Honda well. As always.

Besides, do not forget that RBR is looking Honda's way to supply engines at some point. So it is in everyone's interest for Honda to fix the mess they've created for themselves.

Honda organization is one of respectable world class companies, and should be treated as such. Problems related to PU development may (IMO) find some of their governing causes well beyond Honda control, leading to eco-repressive regulatory system it is today. Honda, being maybe today on the bottom of the scale-of-shame, however in reality one could argue that Ferrari and Renault while slightly better off compared to Honda, they all bear share of shame when MB development tips the scale on the other side. One has to go back many years to understand how this situation - MB supremacy - came about. 

Honda needs track time to continue with development to overcome limitations of testing on dyno. Track testing resumed in Barcelona a month ago, picking up where they were before Christmas. I do expect them to progress this year. We will know whether Honda has any future in this sport later this year, when RBR will be asked to choose PU for 2019, Renault v. Honda.

It is just the first ever race for Honda and TR. This is Formula 1 not go carts. It would take at least

half a season for them to get their equipment matched. Give them a break.

As for the drivers, I just wished they had better ones, Pascal could have done a better job IMO

please guys don't you realise that with this silly rants about how Honda is great and how anyone else is bad you are turning this place into a very unpleasant place? don't you realise that you are making the good people of Honda look like fools? don't you realise that denying the hard facts doesn't do any good to your theories? 

We had to undergo to weeks to abusive posts, gratuitous insults (radical, you know that I'm talking about you), talks about Karma, talks of how badly McLaren and Alonso would do come the first race, how Toro Rosso would smash the opposition, sadly that didn't happen, now please be reasonable and behave accordingly, this place is to talk about F1 in general, no only of the frustrations of some Honda fans, the fact that Honda is doing so badly is not your fault, it is not mine, it is not someone else in this forum, it is not Alonso's, it is not McLaren's, so now let's move on please. We can't go on with every thread hijacked to talk about how bad some people are behaving towards Honda, sure Honda needs respect but reality needs to be respected either (and generally speaking everyone of us, including Honda, needs to earn the respect of others), we can't be in a situation where for a peaceful living in this forum we have to pretend that Honda powered Toro Rosso smashed the competition and won the last race.

Please, be reasonable :prayhands:

Reasonable is always good, despite being cautious about absolving totally McLaren from any contribution to the Honda's condition. (Having just a few thoughts on the side.) Honda is a great company, I am sort of stuck on that assertion, but are they better than anyone else? No one here said that, as far as I could tell.

52 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

please guys don't you realise that with this silly rants about how Honda is great and how anyone else is bad you are turning this place into a very unpleasant place? don't you realise that you are making the good people of Honda look like fools? don't you realise that denying the hard facts doesn't do any good to your theories? 

We had to undergo to weeks to abusive posts, gratuitous insults (radical, you know that I'm talking about you), talks about Karma, talks of how badly McLaren and Alonso would do come the first race, how Toro Rosso would smash the opposition, sadly that didn't happen, now please be reasonable and behave accordingly, this place is to talk about F1 in general, no only of the frustrations of some Honda fans, the fact that Honda is doing so badly is not your fault, it is not mine, it is not someone else in this forum, it is not Alonso's, it is not McLaren's, so now let's move on please. We can't go on with every thread hijacked to talk about how bad some people are behaving towards Honda, sure Honda needs respect but reality needs to be respected either (and generally speaking everyone of us, including Honda, needs to earn the respect of others), we can't be in a situation where for a peaceful living in this forum we have to pretend that Honda powered Toro Rosso smashed the competition and won the last race.

+1

13 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

If the season continues as it started, this thread and its rants will be forgotten as if they have never happened.

If things change so that somehow the haters can feed, expect at least 14 pages of the same lunatic crap as well as spilling over the entire forum.

There is no getting around the fact that some posters are beyond any kind of help, even clinical. I wish this was a joke but it isn't.

All that can be done is to shrug and post around them. But it is naive to think they'll be reasonable or "respect reality". They do not know how.

This place once had dozens of posters... until the haters unrelentingly destroyed it. You cannot fight this kind of crazy. The haters have absolutely nothing whatsoever else to do with their lives.

Obviously some poster here doesn't know who they are talking to.

Not because we do not agree doesn't mean I am the bad guy. 

Learn to accept other opinion and when you are criticized to not agreed upon, learn not to point at someone - it 's always me who is singled out. 

I am radical for reasons I believe in and defend my beliefs with my own likes and even dislikes.  

Sure I make fun of Alonso or other teams but that's because others here can't finish their day without bashing at Honda and Japan.

I am at fault sure for some of my rants but it goes both ways. Look into the mirror as well like I do.

I am here to have fun and sometimes I do tend to overdo but that's me. I am radical. I like defending the black horses rather than the favorites.

We all have our rights to reply or not. I have a lot of you who have said harsh things to me in ignore mode (just to avoid unnecessary arguments) , and you have the choice to do that to me as well. 

Otherwise, learn how to accept other's opinion not just the ones who agrees with you.

I am more than happy to leave this site for good as it seems that Asians are not too welcome here. I felt that from 3 years ago but chose to hang on because I do love F1 and enjoys playing with other's opinion. Obviously this isn't the place for that.

Sorry for those who I have offended. I am not a troll that you guys may think. 

If you happen to come to Japan (and at the race tracks) you will know that I am not that type of person. I just like to stir up things but never to personal level to then posters here.

That's all. 

No hard feelings you guys. Thanks and take care.

Enjoy the rest of the 2018 season. 

P.S.

I have an autographed McLaren cup by Alonso in 2016 at Suzuka at the paddock signed by himself during free practice. In reality he is an ok guy to the general fans  with a good smile. I gave this to my wife and she loves arguing with me over Alonso during races. I don' t mind that at all... 

4 hours ago, radical-one said:

I am more than happy to leave this site for good as it seems that Asians are not too welcome here.

you don't have to leave, I would just like to point out to you that calling someone "stalker" (which is a criminal offence) is not the best start for a conversation, I hope that you agree with that.

And being Asian or whatever has nothing to do with it, we are all behind a screen and don't know if the guy we're chatting with is European, Asian, Indian, South American, etc and I think that it doesn't really matter.

As I said before please let us all be reasonable

It would not be right, if someone leaves because of misunderstanding. It appears that English is a working medium for most of us who are still active on the forum and have it as a second language. No one should be surprised then that occasionally unintended misunderstanding occurs. This is a discussion thread on topic of Honda, and fact is, they are being critiqued heavily for years, justifiably, or not. I do agree with Publius in preceding post, however I also do understand why radical-one was provoked by some comments and driver's behavior in the past (as a Japanese person, and Honda being Japanese entity). We need to cool down a little. Trolls will not go away (and Lord knows we have one here who hates Vettel with passion), but I think more active posters like Brad, Publius, radical-one, Ruslan...etc. are all substantively good guys. I think I have some (I think false flag) labels on my forehead as well, however important is that I know who I am.

Ok, alright.

I can agree with that. Thanks Sakae.

Let's all be civil. Half of it was my fault for not being careful with my comments. I have no excuse for those things that I have said.

Again for all the members that i may have offended in the past due to my rude comments directly or indirectly, I apologize. Not my intention to offend you personally and my bad for those rude comments. I was stirring things the wrong way. Sorry to Publius, and my apologies to others that I can't even remember that I may have p**sed off. 

Just want everyone to know that English is not my native tongue and there were times that I have expressed myself in a way that is ok with mine but not well accepted where others are from. Will try to be more careful from now.

Peace to all. :tiphat:

14 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Ok, alright.

I can agree with that. Thanks Sakae.

Let's all be civil. Half of it was my fault for not being careful with my comments. I have no excuse for those things that I have said.

Again for all the members that i may have offended in the past due to my rude comments directly or indirectly, I apologize. Not my intention to offend you personally and my bad for those rude comments. I was stirring things the wrong way. Sorry to Publius, and my apologies to others that I can't even remember that I may have p**sed off. 

Just want everyone to know that English is not my native tongue and there were times that I have expressed myself in a way that is ok with mine but not well accepted where others are from. Will try to be more careful from now.

Peace to all. :tiphat:

I am glad you are staying, radical-one. Publius is (or could be) actually our sensei on racing due to his practical experience in that type of sport, and maybe we should treat him as such. I do. :D