Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Honda

Red Bull are NOW CHASING Honda
Torro Rosso - Red Bull sister team,   currently the works Honda

Mclaren could NOT wait a number of YEARS for Honda to deliver

Alonso is currently HAPPY with the Mclaren Renault.
After a NUMBER of years with the,  GP2 engine Honda produced For Mclaren

If, as you suggest, Alonso is seen happy with status quo, why then Briatore is running around spreading news that his driver could exit F1 end of this season? I think that truth of this matter rather is, if anything, Alonso wants to exit McLaren ASAP and grab a seat with better chance to win. In my mind this could only happen should MB suffer from internal melt down and offer him a seat.

Re:...why then Briatore is running around spreading news that his driver could exit F1 end of this season....
>Briatore IS a businessman or crook, I get confused !! lol

The process is, raising Alonso`s awareness and thus evaluatin if anybody else would be interested in him.
If they are interested, as Alonso`s agent - 10%,  thank you very much !!

the Renault is now,  at the END of it`s development cycle.
Strong & STEADY - reliability  GUARANTEED.
Though, there is NO performance (speed) ANYMORE. THAT (speed) will COME from  the chassis.
Unfortunately THIS time around,  Mclaren can NOT blame ANYBODY else anymore.

Honda is hardly a good advert to, encourage new PU manufacturers into F1, especially independents.
All the money in Japan, they are struggling.

Struggling yes. Improving yes - in their own little baby steps.

IMO, Honda's development needs RB to get to the top level. TR is too Jr with rookie drivers. 

3 hours ago, radical-one said:

Struggling yes. Improving yes - in their own little baby steps.

IMO, Honda's development needs RB to get to the top level. TR is too Jr with rookie drivers. 

Despite the fact that I've been critical of Honda in the past I really quite like them and I would never wish them to link up with someone like Red Bull, if McLaren was impatient and critical IMHO RB is quite simply a bunch of nasty b......s :o Maybe Honda should like with someone like Force India, they seem to be doing a very good job with the limited resources that they have and I don't remember they ever complaining about their partners

8 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Despite the fact that I've been critical of Honda in the past I really quite like them and I would never wish them to link up with someone like Red Bull, if McLaren was impatient and critical IMHO RB is quite simply a bunch of nasty b......s :o Maybe Honda should like with someone like Force India, they seem to be doing a very good job with the limited resources that they have and I don't remember they ever complaining about their partners

You have a point. RB has been rude to Renault many times in the past. With Honda's history with McLaren, they are better off with a more patient team in FI. Or they can for now be with TR in an aggressive development approach with experienced/stronger driver. In fact, they should put in Pascal or Kvyat there now, why wait. Williams after Massa is a mess as well simply bec of 2 inexperienced drivers.

Honda Aircraft Co.'s "flying sports car" is set for take-off in Japan after the firm announced Wednesday it has begun accepting orders for its private business jet...

Quote from The Japan Times.

I am impressed how this company is developing, and making actually something people can use, which is proper way to grow and built trade surplus (IMHO).

Re:

... how this company is developing, and making actually something people can use

> People HAVE been using lawnmowers for ACTUALLY a LONG time !!
The power of Honda

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Hope the new partnership goes well !

Now the race is On between Mclaren-Renault vs Red Bull-Honda

Red Bull confirm Honda power

:thumb:

19 June 2018, 11:42 (CEST)  Recent media headlines do suggest Révolution française is in the offing, whilst Whitmarsh offered himself to play Napoleon Bonaparte. So, it wasn't the only Honda. Japanese automaker bears some responsibility for past lack of performance, however if reasonable people take all factors into consideration, it is clear that Honda was made a scapegoat, while others were having tea. Brown's and Boullier's days are probably numbered. Boullier - I guess - will be probably a second scapegoat. There are some other "directors", who should be shown which way to the parking lot. Boullier cannot be travelling with the team whole year around, and design the car(s) at the same time, so much is clear to technical people.

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

19 June 2018, 11:42 (CEST)  Recent media headlines do suggest Révolution française is in the offing, whilst Whitmarsh offered himself to play Napoleon Bonaparte. So, it wasn't the only Honda. Japanese automaker bears some responsibility for past lack of performance, however if reasonable people take all factors into consideration, it is clear that Honda was made a scapegoat, while others were having tea. Brown's and Boullier's days are probably numbered. Boullier - I guess - will be probably a second scapegoat. There are some other "directors", who should be shown which way to the parking lot. Boullier cannot be travelling with the team whole year around, and design the car(s) at the same time, so much is clear to technical people.

Can't agree more. This RB-Honda deal puts another nail to their coffins...

I think Red Bull had to change. It was obvious that they were not getting the upgrades from Renault quick enough for their liking. Now with full Honda factory backing hopefully they can get back into the race for the 2019-2020 championship.

Hopefully 

Who NOW is the Honda works team?
Is it STILL Toro Rosso. Sister RB team??

This Honda switch is NOT really NEWS, it is JUST official NOW

Indeed,unlike with Mclaren. RedBull do NOT have Honda works team status,  and the ability to veto other teams
involvement with Honda. When Ron brought Honda BACK into F1, He negotiated a fantastic contract for Mclaren.

Oh well Christian Horner must know someything we don't for him to make the decision to go with Honda. He would know the dyno torque and horsepower results he is currently getting from the Renaul engine and compared them against the results Torro Rosso.

Also Honda seem to have the reliability sorted out as well so maybe it might be a good decision. But no one is going to know until 2019 testing starts.

I guess that both TR and RB will be Works. Only that TR is the Jr. Works.

It syncs so well in their current structure. For Honda, 2 teams using their engine, lots of data and without competing with each other instead complementing each other's data.

For TR and RB, best of both deals, all their intellectual stuff , driver resources stays in the house.   

This partnership is better than what we see from outside.

I agree radical-one. This partnership will look very different on the inside. Obviously RB &TR think this is the correct way to go. There would be somewhere in the contract that says " Red Bull and Torro Rosso are to be the only teams to have Honda power on the grid. 

I think Horner will not change his old habits. He is who he is. Honda is in no need for my advice, nor they asked, but I say it anyway, be careful.

32 minutes ago, Aussie Hardcore said:

I agree radical-one. This partnership will look very different on the inside. Obviously RB &TR think this is the correct way to go. There would be somewhere in the contract that says " Red Bull and Torro Rosso are to be the only teams to have Honda power on the grid. 

Yep I think it will be just those 2 teams in the foreseeable future. Besides, more than 2 teams will be too much to supply and support.