Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Honda

7 hours ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

neaither am I, but the scenario that I highlighted was mentioned in the (very detailed) article that I linked yesterday

I love Italy and all what it has to offer, I love Il Volo, listen to them and secretly sing with them often, however never learned the language, which is why content of that article was lost on me. (I gave up on machine generated translations). Sorry about that. :blush:

12 September 2017   7:42 (CEST)

We want our risk-taking mojo back!

A little lengthy reading, however excellent inside look on changing spirit of the world renown organization, which Honda undisputedly is.

“The Japanese company has now accepted it is leaving McLaren to supply Toro Rosso from 2018,” said the Spanish daily Marca.

12 September 2017   20:54 (CEST)

Bernie Ecclestone, F1’s chairman emeritus, said: ‘The Renault deal is all done. Alonso staying is super news. But I can’t see why McLaren will be any happier with Renault than they are with Honda. It wasn’t Honda’s fault things didn’t work out, it was McLaren’s. Every day they had a fight about everything, instead of working with them, which was a little bit stupid.

Here.

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

12 September 2017   20:54 (CEST)

Here.

+ 100 :cheers:

It will be a double fault for McLaren to keep Alonso and taking Renault.

It will be a bigger disaster from 2018 :blowup:

13 September 2017   8:46 (CEST)

Unless Renault improves significantly (but even then), I do not understand company's almost masochistic inclination and desire to be vilified on daily basis in global focus what is going to be from both directions, RBR and McLaren, blaming Renault for everything every time someone doesn't wins a race, and getting no reward points if someone will. 

14 September 2017   9:48 (CEST)

So, where are we with never ending saga involving Honda? TR will now act as a development laboratory for Honda for the end benefit of RBR which simply will take over the engine in some suitable moment in the future for theirs benefit without pain? Next question is, when Mr. Brown of McLaren will be (prematurely and against his will) retired once RBR start winning? Judgement errors seems in abundance in this organization, be it on driver's part, or in the front office. But then, maybe shareholders will need some cleanse what in essence might have been their own idea in the first place.

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Next in line - RED BULL Honda :P

Renault to split with Red Bull – report

14 September 2017   12:16 (CEST)

Are you surprised? We (public forum) know for some time that TR is for sale, and owner wants to sell RB team as well. Renault is probably tired of them. 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

14 September 2017   12:16 (CEST)

Are you surprised? We (public forum) know for some time that TR is for sale, and owner wants to sell RB team as well. Renault is probably tired of them. 

Not surprised at all. It:s written on the wall

To KEEP Alonso - the OBVIOUS reason
Alonso WON 2WDC`s WITH Renault (old format - I KNOW)

Williams-Renault WERE all conquering.
NOW look at Williams since THEIR divorce
Williams WERE also powered by Honda
WHEN Mclaren Honda were the form team

15 September 2017   7:26 (CEST)

Trouble in the engine family is brewing, and unless equipment related penalty rules will change, it is going to get worse. My understanding is that for sake of cost cutting, someone (I think it was Wolff) got the idea, that only 3 engines will be good enough for what now might be extended season next year. Customers might save, something which has not been confirmed as yet, however expenses needed to meet reliability targets are then shifted upon engine suppliers. Not only customers want price decrease, but also to buy only 3 instead current 4. Is it fair? I very much doubt that. Honda needs to sharpen its MO just as the others will. Bar was moved a notch up. 

It WILL B $oD`s law, and a slap in the face for Alonso.
If Honda DO come good next season.
All Alonso`s whining got Mclaren-Honda the boot, 
Enter Mclaren-Renault
Now it IS a done deal.
BIG mistake, dropping Honda.
The last 3 years of DNF`s for NOTHING

22 September 2017   16:56 (CEST)

McLaren offered Honda two alternatives prior to split

"As a last resort, we were ready to offer that Honda skips the season while it improves and McLaren would use some other engines for that period."

Precisely a suggestion what I have suggested six months ago on this forum while not being privy that the same scenario was discussed internally behind closed doors about in the same time. I do continue to think it would have been best solution for all involved. Move to TR is however new, and not expected.  

Japanese saying;
                          Failure teaches success
Honda HAS a LOT to learn from - failures

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:17 PM, lipstick79 said:

McLaren trying to emulate the ALL conquering, William`s Renault - designed by Newey

But back THEN, had toys available,
Traction Control ..

Honda`s failure IS down to Ferrari.
If Sauber were able to run with Honda, as AGREED
Would have been MORE data with the McLaren works data.
But Ferrari NOW have Sauber as a sister team.

HA !!!

Having dropped Honda after blaming the engine manufacturer for their troubles over the past three years, Zak Brown acknowledges McLaren will look “silly” if Toro Rosso win in 2018.

4 October 2017   9:23 (CEST)

Stronger leader would not touch that subject IMO. He should have said - we made a decision to move on, and it is what it is, regardless what will happen next year. After all, choosing Renault as a PU technology partner is not exactly an act of desperation. McLaren's fans should rather worry about strength of their F1 management. Optics aren't too convincing they know what they are doing. Some fans blaming Boullier, yet he has not much to do with mainstream leadership trust of the outfit. He is a track side operations manager only.

No points for Honda in Japan
2 McLaren's DID finish the race. After 3 years STILL NO power.
Alonso RIGHTLY calls Honda a GP2 engine !!
Thanks for NOTHING Honda
Good luck in the future.
Mclaren will NOW have a race WINNING PU