Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

2017 Shanghai China GP - Who will dominate ?

April 7-9 China GP

Will Ferrari be as strong as they were in Australia or will Merc take it back ?

How will Red Bull perform, Will they get into the mix ?

Can Williams prove to be best of the rest? 

China will be a good race to gauge the 2017 pecking order-ish

I am hoping that race will be not decided by such factors as length of tire change, measured in tenths of a second. In the last race in Melbourne Seb's stop-over was longer than either of MB drivers.

Digitally savvy FOG should do at least such good job that FOM has. Not only quality of broadcast, but picking up race as it evolves.

Pressure is on Ferrari to validate Melbourne result. 

Hoping redbull comes up with there nimble car on this twisty circuit.

Even in Australia while going through the fast back chicane, there car could change direction extremely well and extremely fast, looked the best through that section than any other car.

Well apparently the word going around is that the Mercedes suffers more than the likes of Ferrari when following another car. Idk how true it is but I know toto Wolff was asked the question and he steered away from it. Still you would think with the fresher tyres he had on compared to verstappens, the Drs, the tow and the suposide extra 30+hp that Mercedes has over Renault would over power any issue that claims passing a slower car is difficult,well that's what I thought anyway. 

Definitely, plus Lewis was instructed to overtake Max but couldn't. It must be something more serious or something that Merc hasn't sorted out yet in terms of Aero/Downforce and the like.

I am not the biggest fan of M. Kaltenborn but I agree with her on this one ;

Sauber shocked by 'appalling' criticism of Wehrlein

Definite possibility. Iam going 

1-hamilton

2-vettel

3-ricciardo

just for some wishful thinking lol.

7 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Definite possibility. Iam going 

1-hamilton

2-vettel

3-ricciardo

just for some wishful thinking lol.

Nothing wrong with that, but remember, long straightt, but RBR might rule in the twisty corners though

1) Vettel

2) Hamilton

3) Raikonnen

4) Bottas

5) Ricciardo

6) Massa

7) Verstappen

8) Perez

9) Baby-Stroll

10) Alonso

6 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Nothing wrong with that, but remember, long straightt, but RBR might rule in the twisty corners though

I was thinking that, well if Lewis and Mercedes couldn't pass in Melbourne, this will sort that out. I think it will be a more competitive circuit being a more "front end" circuit and it's twisty nature would suit the redbulls nimble stance. But this circuit will also show how good the redbull chassis is to and same with Ferrari, well not so much Ferrari but it will show in better detail how close they are to Mercedes so the race will answer a few more questions we now have IMO.

If Vettel or Kimi wins again in China, i think Merc will really be pushing the panic button.

When Toto said that they will be back stronger in China, I read that as They need to be a lot stronger in China because they really lost in Melbourne. Merc knows they need to do something with their pace- immediately before Ferrari pulls away.

They probably got over-confident when Lewis was way ahead in FPs and Qualy.

Bottas on the other hand will have his seat heated or boiling if he does not close the gap with Lewis soon. 

It is tight, and we may see two or three cars trading places whole year around. It could evolve into one of the most entertaining, and at the same time nerve wrecking seasons.

13 minutes ago, Sakae said:

It is tight, and we may see two or three cars trading places whole year around. It could evolve into one of the most entertaining, and at the same time nerve wrecking seasons.

So looking forward to that Sakae 

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

If Vettel or Kimi wins again in China, i think Merc will really be pushing the panic button.

When Toto said that they will be back stronger in China, I read that as They need to be a lot stronger in China because they really lost in Melbourne. Merc knows they need to do something with their pace- immediately before Ferrari pulls away.

They probably got over-confident when Lewis was way ahead in FPs and Qualy.

Bottas on the other hand will have his seat heated or boiling if he does not close the gap with Lewis soon. 

I don't think Ferrari even has to win for that to happen. Even if a Mercedes wins in China and Ferrari seal out the rest of the podium would signal more than enough.

Yep. I was cutting Merc some slack. :D 

Can you imagine what Toto's blood pressure would be if not only Ferrari but RB closes the gap and take podiums by Bahrain or Russian GP ? :aikido1yw:

Not to mention Lewis' long-face forever :blink:

I don't think the merc is worse at following another car than any other.. lets not forget Vettel couldn't overtake Hamilton and Verstappen couldn't overtake Raikkonen. Track position will be king. Sort your strategy and get fortunate with the gaps behind and you'll win. Ferrari or Mercedes.

1 hour ago, Unknown? said:

I don't think the merc is worse at following another car than any other.. lets not forget Vettel couldn't overtake Hamilton and Verstappen couldn't overtake Raikkonen. Track position will be king. Sort your strategy and get fortunate with the gaps behind and you'll win. Ferrari or Mercedes.

You forgot main feature - Hamilton couldn't overtake Verstappen, and consequently, true or false, that is how they lost the race, MB strategist claimed on British TV.

Bs merc lost because they weren't fast enough simple as that. Actually if they want to be technical, I think Seb was even released with less of a gap and more traffic than Hamilton did. Redbull wouldn't be that much slower and like I said earlier, why couldn't he get by with the tow,full Drs and this extra 30+hp that Mercedes has over Renault, not to mention a lot fresher tyres to. I think Redbull isn't as bad as people make out and we very well may have all three fighting at once for a win.